Sharpie .450-20 tap GB?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to see if there is enough interest to get another group buy going for the Sharpie sized taps. Would really like to get 12 people, as I think the price drops to about $40 to your door at that point. Have 2 buyers. Need 10 more.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

... with BSea, that makes 7 ... we're getting there!

btw, I believe it should be 0.450 x 26 (not x 20 as you typed in the subject line for the thread.) Better get that verified before ordering!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
IF you host it they will come. Dont wait, you will even have the guy that comes late to the party after a month looking for one.

duncsuss

going to move forward ...

I have to contact Tapco to get exact details on pricing, then I'll assemble it into a formal group buy & submit it for approval.

I can't say exactly how long that will take (since I don't know how long it will take for Tapco to respond), but I'll post a link to the official sign-up thread as soon as it's ready to fly.

Thanks for your interest ... :)

duncsuss

Would you ask if all the taps need to be the same or can some be bottoming taps? I may add an extra to have a bottoming too.
Thanks.

Sure thing, I'll ask.

I hadn't even thought about the question of "what sort of taps?" since I use plug taps (a.k.a. second taps -- i.e. not taper and not bottoming) for all my work.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If you contact them they usually reply within 24 hours or less. They have been allowing the mixing of bottom and plug taps once you meet the minimums.

Curly

On tranlucent materials, haven't been brave enough to do a clear :rolleyes:, I like the threads to end cleanly and not fade out further in the cap. So once I have a couple of full threads, I switch from the plug to the bottoming tap and cut a few more to create the full thread ending.

duncsuss

We've been given the green light to go ahead with this as a group purchase ... please sign up on the official thread by clicking on THIS LINK.

Please close this thread, Mannie ... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom