sharpi .450x26 tap buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Is there enough interest to get a group buy going for the Sharpie sized taps. At around 12 people, the price drops to about $40 to your door. To be clear, I can't run it but would love to buy one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Is that the same Sharpie sized tap as was bought by a group here some time ago ?

If so, I would be interested in getting in on the buy.

duncsuss

Yes, 0.450" - 26tpi is the same specification as the group buy that I ran last year (link)

The prices from Tapco might have changed since then, of course.

duncsuss

I can run a group buy.

I'll call Tapco on Monday and get the particulars.

If it helps ... here are the Tapco part numbers that Jackie gave me, they were unchanged from previous orders so I think they will still be correct.

[FONT=&quot]P/N 28007 is .450-26 HS with specials minor diamter .4148 4flute plug tap[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]P/N 37107 is the same only as a bottom chamfer

[/FONT]

The Penguin

OK - here's the info:

P/N 28007 is .450-26 HS with specials minor diamter .4148 4 flute PLUG tap
Prices:
12-23 quantity: $34.85 each
24 + quantity: $29.28 each

P/N 37107 is .450-26 HS with specials minor diamter .4148 4 flute BOTTOM tap
12-23 quantity: $34.85 each
24 + quantity: $29.28 each

please indicate your willingness to participate in a group buy by responding to this thread with "PLUG" "BOTTOM" OR "BOTH". The goal would be to purchase at the "24+" price.

Curly

Correct me if I am wrong but all that would be needed for this pen would be a plug not a bottoming tap right?

You are not wrong. However if you are like me and don't think that translucent or transparent pens look good with threads that run past what is needed, you'll want a bottom tap too. You start with the plug tap and switch to the bottom to end the threads cleanly, just past what you need to seat the Sharpie. Not an issue if you're using a solid material.

Correct me if I am wrong but all that would be needed for this pen would be a plug not a bottoming tap right?

You are not wrong. However if you are like me and don't think that translucent or transparent pens look good with threads that run past what is needed, you'll want a bottom tap too. You start with the plug tap and switch to the bottom to end the threads cleanly, just past what you need to seat the Sharpie. Not an issue if you're using a solid material.

Ah thanks,

Penguin can the types be combined? 6 taper and 6 plug, I would kinda be surprised but it might be a possibility.

The Penguin

I count about 12 taps requested so far in this thread - some commitments don't seem very firm.

for example - leatherman has expressed interest, but failed to say if he's in, and if he wants one or both taps.

It looks like sufficient interest is there - so I'll call Jackie again tomorrow to see if we order 6 plug and 6 taper - if they'll still make the run since there is a MOQ of 12.

edstreet

They will be able to do that. The style is done after the fact and easy to change. Also you can have your taper tap reground into a bottom tap at a later time if you wish.

I was one of those on the fence but I would like one of each, depending on the price to mind you. I would also like mine Ti treated, or I can have it done after I receive the order. If memory serves it is $9 per unit to Ti treat.

The Penguin

They will be able to do that. The style is done after the fact and easy to change. Also you can have your taper tap reground into a bottom tap at a later time if you wish.

I was one of those on the fence but I would like one of each, depending on the price to mind you. I would also like mine Ti treated, or I can have it done after I receive the order. If memory serves it is $9 per unit to Ti treat.

Yes - they can do a mixed order of taper/plug taps. As long as we get the combined MOQ, we get that price level.

so 6 plug taps and 6 taper taps = 12, and they would be $34.85 each

shipping from Tapco to me would be split among each participant, so figure $2.50 for that. Shipping from me to each participant, if I use a SFRB, figure $5.85. I could use padded envelopes, but I'm not sure I trust that for shipping taps.

Ti treatment is available at a cost of "about" $9 per tap

Top Bottom