Question about group purchases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talltim

I notice all the group buys so far that I have seen are with CSUSA. I participate in everyone I can.

There are some other vendors that carry other kits that I would like to see group buys from. For instance my friends at exotic blanks offer some good quantity discounts. In order to receive the maximum discount some require a combined kit order of 50 to 100 kits. I don't usually order that many at one time but it seems with a few people it would be easy to reach.

Maybe I just need to find some people local to the Chattanooga tn area to go in with me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bikerdad

I suspect that the solution to your dilemma is to approach the other vendors about a group buy, and if they say "yup", go ahead and run the group buy yourself. I know I'd be in for an Exotic Blanks group buy. All group buys are run by folks who step up to do it.

hcpens

I have approached Exotic blanks on the last one I did and because one of his suppliers was CSUSA, he could not compete with them. If you get another response from Ed please let me know and I will contact him.

If you have other vendors and or items, I will be glad to contact them and include them if they would like to be included.

I have sent a request to Ed and LVM for his interest in the GB I am starting this week.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Tim,
First off, I moved this to the Group Purchase Research forum because the Group Purchase Forum is reserved for actual Group Buys.
A Group Buy may be run by any IAP member in good standing for any item or items from any vendor that he feels would be of benefit to other members. This is usually to receive the best possible discount for the item/s. It's usually a good idea to contact the vendor first to make sure they have enough stock to cover the anticipated amount of item/s that may be purchased. Some vendors limit the amount of certain items that can be purchased at one time in a specific time period.
Before you decide that you want to run a GB, please read the rules for Group Buys posted here.
Once you have determined that a Buy is feasible, you may either post in the GP Research forum to see if there is enough interest to proceed with the buy or, you can write it up for the GP forum and either email or PM it to me so I may make sure you haven't left anything out that may cause problems later in the Buy.
I have never turned down anyone that wanted to run a GB as long as they follow the rules.
If you have any further questions, please PM me.

Talltim

Monty

Thanks for moving the thread to its proper location. I usually take an uneducated guess as to where things should be.

HCPENS, it would be great if Exotic blanks would step in and participate with your group buy. Thanks to you for offering a second chance February buy. You did a great job on the one I participated in last year. I look forward to participating in this one as well.

hcpens

I just got off the phone with Ed from Exotic Blanks and will be including some of his items in the spreadsheet. Should get his items by tomorrow afternoon and will set up the buy.

Last edited:

Talltim

I just got off the phone with Ed from Exotic Blanks and will be including some of his items in the spreadsheet. Should get his items by tomorrow afternoon and will set up the buy.

May your tribe increase! Thanks for the extra work to get this done.

Top Bottom