QuadroPack (Drill Bit Storage)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDGeorge

I'm thinking about putting together a group buy for the little plastic QuadroPack "tubes." These are the expandable plastic packages in which a lot of the vendors ship their drill bits and other machinery tooling. I have been unable to locate a source except for a single locksmith supply place that was low on stock. (And, per their web page anyway, wouldn't have sold them to me...)

Anyway, I contacted the manufacturer and the minumum quantity is 800 of the little devils. They measure .55" square (ID) and are expandable from 4.725" to 7.875". (There's another size too: .79" ID with the same length).

The minimum order for these things is 800 for the smaller and 900 for the larger and right now I'm thinking of just ordering the smaller ones. Lead time is about two weeks and the cost would be about $.34 each + shipping. I don't mind having some left over to sell on eBay, but I really only need 20 or 30 of the things for my shop.

Or I could just offer lots of 50...

Or I could just figure out how many fit in the flat rate boxes...

OK, any thoughts?

Cheers,
Jerry George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

The problem for me is that it makes them easy to label but doesn't necessarily provide a way to organize / store them. Unless I'm missing something.

GDGeorge

Dan, mine go into a drawer in my tool box. In the second pic, you can see how they fit towards the back. I think the drawers are why I want more of these silly things. (Just not several hundred...)

Cheers,
Jerry

20140301_113533.jpg
20140301_113555.jpg

GDGeorge

Sue, I'll need a bit more interest before I can put an order in. If I'm in for 20 (or even 50 like you) That still leaves 700...

If you'd like to pass the word, I'll be happy to do the same!

J

GDGeorge

Afraid this is a non-starter folks. If anyone decides to do something similar, I'd be in...

Thanks!

J

Curly

Find a local machine shops and ask if they have any or will save you some. They might tell you to take a leap, or they may help, so you have nothing to loose. All cutters come in various size tubes from less than a couple inches, to big enough to hold wine bottles. Some are clear or translucent, but most are coloured. The plant I work in toss a half barrel of them at least monthly. When I go scrounging for specific sizes like the one you want they are few and far between and when I have no intrest in them there are lots. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom