Poll, Possible GB For coffee tumbler inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For the fact that we don't just make pens...
I have found a company that supplies coffee tumblers for promotional giveaways.
The story behind this was that My wife's workplace had a Nurses week event and she being a nurse was given many goodies throughout. One of them was a Coffee Tumbler that had a Stainless Steel insert. upon messing with it I discovered that it was very easily disassembled and that the outer plastic could be used to make measurements to create a wooden one which as we all now would keep ones hot or cold beverages longer.
the insert itself holds 16oz. overall length of wood you should use to allow for tenons and such should be no less than 7 1/2" or 190MM, Narrow end width of the insert is 2 11/32" or 55MM the top width is 2 29/32" or 62MM.
Price for each is $7.00. with a minimum order of 5.
At the Minimum we need at least 50 people to take advantage of this offer
Shipping, I can fit 5 in a medium Flat rate box @ $12.35 and 8 in a large flat rate box @ $17.45
Here are some pictures and if you have any questions don't hesitate.
This is just a poll to determine if enough interest to have a Group Buy. Thank you
Drew - Holz Mechaniker

Attachments

• group buy coffee 2014-05-30 003 (586x800).jpg
    group buy coffee 2014-05-30 003 (586x800).jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 222
  • group buy coffee 2014-05-30 001 (800x731).jpg
    group buy coffee 2014-05-30 001 (800x731).jpg
    863.7 KB · Views: 242
  • group buy coffee 2014-05-30 004 (401x800).jpg
    group buy coffee 2014-05-30 004 (401x800).jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

It's not looking good on these.

From the movie "Kelly's Hero's, spoken by Odd Ball (Donald Southerland)
"There you go again with the Negative Waves":biggrin:

LOL, you're right, I should be more positive. Actually, I'm really surprised. I thought you'd get your 50 pretty fast.

Is that better? ;-)

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Drew, Just a little info....Priority Flat Rate is not necessarily the lowest cost priority mail shipping. Normal Priority Mail can actually cost less for certain zones than Flat Rate. And Regional Flat Rate box B can cost less but hold almost as much as a medium...Just something to look at if you do a group buy.

Drew, Just a little info....Priority Flat Rate is not necessarily the lowest cost priority mail shipping. Normal Priority Mail can actually cost less for certain zones than Flat Rate. And Regional Flat Rate box B can cost less but hold almost as much as a medium...Just something to look at if you do a group buy.

Very true Smitty, yet I have an abundance of Med Flat Rate boxes. They don't cost anything up front. and I like the service I get when I do all the postage from home. IF I had a proper scale I would most certainly do it the way you suggest.
:biggrin:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

Very true Smitty, yet I have an abundance of Med Flat Rate boxes. They don't cost anything up front. and I like the service I get when I do all the postage from home. IF I had a proper scale I would most certainly do it the way you suggest.
Plus Pay Pal shipping does not offer the Regional rates as an option.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

The USPS web site does. Also Drew, all priority mail boxes are free from USPS, you can order them on line and they'll deliver them free to your home.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

The USPS web site does. Also Drew, all priority mail boxes are free from USPS, you can order them on line and they'll deliver them free to your home.
That's true, but then one has to enter all the shipping info manually. PP automatically enters all shipping info.

jason_r

Just FYI....
I have purchased mugs from Discount Mugs for about $5 each for a case of 25. Here's a link to just one example of what they offer: Custom Printed Travel Mugs in Bulk Personalized With Logos – Free Shipping!

Thanks,
Roger

I couldn't trouble you to show how to take those apart. the price is far better. If there isn't much of an issue deconstruct. How big are they or better how big of a blank is needed?

Assuming they're the same as the ones I've disassembled from Hobby Lobby:
1) Peel rubber/fuzzy pad off base
2) Remove screw holding acrylic to stainless
3) Separate acrylic from stainless. If they're at all stubborn, use the air hose to shoot air in the hole you just took the screw out of while making sure there's something to catch the stainless insert as it flies out of the base.

OTOH, if he wants to push the envelope, Drew could contact these guys:
16 oz. acrylic travel tumbler with stainless steel interior and easy thumbslide closure lid-in Water Bottles from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com

and see if they'd sell just the inserts and/or what their price is for blanks.

I'd be interested, possibly in up to 20, but not at the original pricing. $7 +$2.40 shipping is almost the same as Woodcraft's regular $9.99 price- any kind of sale and Woodcraft is tied or ahead.

One other question Drew: when you calculated shipping capacity, were you able to stack the inserts? I believe either of these would at least partly stack (if the acrylic was removed), which may reduce shipping costs.

One other question Drew: when you calculated shipping capacity, were you able to stack the inserts? I believe either of these would at least partly stack (if the acrylic was removed), which may reduce shipping costs.

As a point of fact I did, utilized the out-sert to figure sizing in the box. Mostly because it doubles as a gauge plus it protects the metal from dents and dings during shipping. The lip/rim on the tumbler is wide enough that double stacking really wouldn't be wise as with USPS shipping may cause dents.

Top Bottom