Jr celticus group buy?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

This is kind of a long shot but...

The cheapest price for the jr. Celticus kit from woodpenpro is $9.99 each for 100 quantity.

Any chance we could get 10 people to buy 10 kits?

There may be other things we could talk about getting from there too, but I'm primarily interested in this kit.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

If we hurry, hurry, hurry, can we get in in the additional 10% off (expires midnight tomorrow)?

I don't think we're going to get enough interest at all, if so prob not that quick :-(

I, however, am likely to place an order. I really like the cigars with the magnum clips too

And I've sold 2 of the celticus in the past week

SteveG

I have not had (and obviously not made) this pen, but I looks really good in the photo. I would be willing to buy 20 as part of a group buy. If I understand the listing note, you get twice the kits that you order so you can scavenge the coupler out of one kit to replace the end cap (defective) coupler. If that is the case there are a lot of remaining pieces for the "spare parts" box. Dan, you have made this and want more. Please comment on the over all quality.

Dan Masshardt

I have not had (and obviously not made) this pen, but I looks really good in the photo. I would be willing to buy 20 as part of a group buy. If I understand the listing note, you get twice the kits that you order so you can scavenge the coupler out of one kit to replace the end cap (defective) coupler. If that is the case there are a lot of remaining pieces for the "spare parts" box. Dan, you have made this and want more. Please comment on the over all quality.
Quality... Think Jr. gent 1 Whatever you think of that kit quality, think of this.

I've made several

Yes, come with 2 kits for each one ordered I'll answer your pm as well

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

I'm a little curious about why he is giving 2 pens for the price of one instead of fixing the problem. It doesn't sound like an impossible situation.

I believe the manufacturer is either out of business or somehow otherwise unable to fix the problem.

He could go through and move the pieces around so that you get one kit and no extras if he wanted to.

I guess he either doesn't feel like going through every kit or figures people might like some extra parts and he doesn't need to stockpile component pieces.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My Take....

This kit appears to be a gussied up Jr Gent 1...The problem appears to be that they forgot the end cap coupler so the cap can't be posted correctly(I say this because that coupler/trimring is not shown in the instructions)....If that is the case there is a possible fix that I'd try in order to get the use of both kits in the two for one.

I would try the End Cap Coupler/trim ring from Jr Gent 1 (which you might be able to buy separately) rather than remove the nib couple from one of the kits.

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

He would give the additional 10% off the max discount but it ends today.

Bummer. That would have been a really nice savings.

Btw, shipping would be $36 on 100 kits (200 would actually be shipping.

Dan Masshardt

This kit appears to be a gussied up Jr Gent 1...The problem appears to be that they forgot the end cap coupler so the cap can't be posted correctly(I say this because that coupler/trimring is not shown in the instructions)....If that is the case there is a possible fix that I'd try in order to get the use of both kits in the two for one. I would try the End Cap Coupler/trim ring from Jr Gent 1 (which you might be able to buy separately) rather than remove the nib couple from one of the kits.

You should buy 100 of them today with the extra 10% and fix the problem and then have 200 to resell. :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
He would give the additional 10% off the max discount but it ends today.

Bummer. That would have been a really nice savings.

Btw, shipping would be $36 on 100 kits (200 would actually be shipping.
Don't forget the "reshipping" by the person doing the ordering. Whoever gets them will have to reship, my guess would be not much more than 20 will fit in a Small Flat Rate Box, Maybe 10 or 12 can go First Class Parcel. Larger orders will need to go in Regional Box A or B or Medium or Large Flat Rate Box. Also don't lose sight of the fact that PayPal fees (or Credit Card Fees) will apply to the shipping as well as the order....

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This kit appears to be a gussied up Jr Gent 1...The problem appears to be that they forgot the end cap coupler so the cap can't be posted correctly(I say this because that coupler/trimring is not shown in the instructions)....If that is the case there is a possible fix that I'd try in order to get the use of both kits in the two for one. I would try the End Cap Coupler/trim ring from Jr Gent 1 (which you might be able to buy separately) rather than remove the nib couple from one of the kits.

You should buy 100 of them today with the extra 10% and fix the problem and then have 200 to resell. :)
I don't want to sell them....I'm just point out a possibility. You could check with the seller, maybe he's already thought of it and decided it won't work.

Dan Masshardt

Don't forget the "reshipping" by the person doing the ordering. Whoever gets them will have to reship, my guess would be not much more than 20 will fit in a Small Flat Rate Box, Maybe 10 or 12 can go First Class Parcel. Larger orders will need to go in Regional Box A or B or Medium or Large Flat Rate Box. Also don't lose sight of the fact that PayPal fees (or Credit Card Fees) will apply to the shipping as well as the order....

Smitty - I am aware of the dynamics of a group buy and shipping.

Thank you though. I suspect you know more about the ins and outs of shipping than the average guy. :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Smitty - I am aware of the dynamics of a group buy and shipping.

Thank you though. I suspect you know more about the ins and outs of shipping than the average guy. :)
Sorry, it's your idea I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Top Bottom