January 2018 - Craft Supplies Group Buy Interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

Once again I will need to stock up after the Christmas rush and will be doing a group buy from Craft Supplies early the second week of January - if enough interest. So as you get all those cash gifts for Christmas and are think "How can I convert this to pen kits" I might have the answer. I have received the OK from Monty, so I just need to get the details out. Before I get to deep I am hoping to get an idea of the interest. Please reply below if you might have interest. With enough "maybe" I will put this together. Please remember this is interest only - when the buy is announced you can officially sign up. Last year I did 20 people - this year more likely only 10.

Same rules as always (see last years post) - minimum commitment of ten kits, US only, etc.

Thanks,
Mark

greenacres2

Mark--if there is room, I probably will have an interest. Have not done this before, so I don't know how deep the discount is. If at the 100+ level pricing, i'll probably be good for at least 20 kits.

earl

mg_dreyer

Earl,

Please review the group buy from last year. All the rules are in the posting and the discounts are around 35% (25% - 100 level pricing and an additional 10% club discount). I keep mentioning this also - for all. This is the interest page - when I officially post in January you will be committing then.

Thanks,
Mark

BeeAMaker

Question:
Is doing this really that big of a savings? Isn't there a double charge for shipping? i.e. The purchaser will need to pay shipping for the complete order, then each individual will need to pay shipping to have their order sent to them. Which will be Their order + partial shipping cost from the entire order + shipping to them. I understand the more people that join in, the more divided the entire ship cost is.

Is the % discount applied to the entire order of kits or do you have to order quantities in each specific pen type? If I order 10 kits of a certain type, and no one else orders that type I'm still only saving 10% plus my partial shipping cost - correct?

If the % discount is applied to the total number of kits regardless of type, then I can see how this would be a huge savings.

mg_dreyer

The individual participant only pays the actual shipping from my house to there address (medium box is $13.60). As for discounts the discount will be at the 100 pen level (any kit mix and match rules) - meaning 25% off any pen purchased and the the club discount of 10% on top. I am not going into the math but it approximates 35%. PayPal is 4%. And insurance if desired.

BeeAMaker

The individual participant only pays the actual shipping from my house to there address (medium box is $13.60). As for discounts the discount will be at the 100 pen level (any kit mix and match rules) - meaning 25% off any pen purchased and the the club discount of 10% on top. I am not going into the math but it approximates 35%. PayPal is 4%. And insurance if desired.

That sounds like a very good deal indeed. :beer:

Top Bottom