Feb CSUSA Group Buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

eajacobson

I am planning a group buy for February to Craft Supplies.

I am expecting this to be primarily for the Artisan kits, and it will need to make the minimum 100 kits for the max discount there, but I want to allow individuals to order as many or as few kits as they want, as long as the order total makes 100 Artisan kits. Because of this, I will be allowing as many individuals as are interested to participate (there may be a limit if the overall order total exceeds $25,000).

In addition to the Artisan kits, I will allow other kits, blanks, etc, to be ordered. Note that CSUSA does not assort quantities in these areas, so quantity discounts on these items will be unlikely, unless you are ordering large quantities yourself. The overall 10% club order discount will apply.

Due to the variety of items available to order, and the physical volume of the order varying so much, shipping will need to vary based upon with flat rate box will be needed. I will have the box options and dimension available in the actual order form.

Large items that will not fit in any flat rate box may be possible, but shipping method and costs will have to be agreed upon before the order will be placed.

It will be up to the individual to decide if they wish to request back ordered items, and will have a choice on multiple shipments (and shipping charges) or waiting until all product arrives (and a single shipping charge).

Payment will be via PayPal, and will be estimated at 4%, with adjustments to actual costs after the order is completed.

Order period is expected to open late Friday, Feb 6 and close Monday Feb 16 at 9:00 PM CST. I hope to be able to return confirmed costs by Feb 18, and would want payments completed by Feb 21. I will place the order on Feb 22 and confirm with CSUSA on the 23rd. All dates following will be determined by in-stock quantities and shipping time.

Please indicate interest and quantity for Artisan kits so the group buy can be confirmed. To keep this thread cleaner for determining the Artisan quantity, if you have specific questions, please PM, unless you think it will be of general interest to the group.

Thanks,
Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

I would be in for at least 10 artisan kits if you are shipping to Canada.

Thanks,

Wade

eajacobson

I see over 100 kits already committed, so the group buy will be posted Friday! Thanks! :biggrin:

Again, that doesn't mean it is closed - the by-line for this one for me is "February - Feel the Love". I want to let in everyone interested in joining the group.

Dan,
"Volunteers do it freely" is one of my T-shirts. I don't believe in limiting something I'm volunteering to do, so, yes, it might be a bit more work, but as I see it, getting the whole thing set up is a majority of the work - counting, packing, etc, is just a bit of physical effort. :)

Wade (and others),
I'll ship anywhere you are willing to pay for the shipment. I will likely require insurance on any international order, just to protect both the buyer and myself (I'm strongly encouraging it on all orders). I'll try to have the Canadian rates included in the spreadsheet by Friday. If not, I'll make sure to get an update on them as soon as I can. Other countries, please PM and I will check the rates and get back to you.

Ed

mvande21

Quick Question,
from CSUSA, is there a discount for buying PSI's bolt actions?? Right now they have 15% off, and if that is a better deal, then I will buy bolt actions on my own along with the group buy.

eajacobson

Matt,

I looked at the CSUSA site, and there is a 10% discount on the Bolt Action kits, but at a quantity of 20+. I will have to confirm on Wednesday, but it is my understanding that for everything that is not in the "Artisan" category, the quantity needs to be the exact same kit - same plating, etc. I believe the 10% club discount still applies, so it could be possible to get to 19% (10% off full price, then 10% off the remaining 90%). Of course, a little bit of campaigning on a common plating or two might get those 20 kits across the whole order. :)

I'll have answers tomorrow night.

Steve,

Yes, there are a few folks in on the action. That's not a problem for me, though. I know I'm "Feeling the Love". :)

Ed

eajacobson

Matt (and the rest interested in PSI Bolt Action kits),

Yes, both discounts apply. But better than that, all platings count towards the discount! I agree with Dan that the gun metal is the one I want. I expect to see some interest here (I know I will be ordering some). I won't require that we make it to the 20+ level, but I will keep posting the progress. Might even do some campaigning myself.

Ed

VotTak

I'd like to get in for 10 kits.
I am very new here and have never been in GB yet. When I read CSUSA site for artizan kits it looks like that it had to be ordered a same set with same plating. I know what I want but I will go with the group choice in this case.

eajacobson

Stepan,

CSUSA will add up all Artisan pen kits on the order, no matter the model or plating, to come up with the total kits used to determine the discount. That is one of the reasons the group buys are such a good deal. Throw in the additional 10% club discount if the order is over $1000 (not a problem with this size order), and the price per kit comes down a lot.

Watch for a posting about this time on Friday for the final details. The ordering period will be about 10 days (late on the 6th through 9:00 PM CST on the 16th), so it shouldn't pass you by.

Ed

eajacobson

Canadian buyers,

I did a stop at my local US Post Office today to try to clarify the options going to Canada. It turns out that when you get two governments together, things get even more interesting. :)

Flat rate boxes to CA:
Small - 4 lbs max, $20.55, and NO insurance available
Medium - 20 lbs max, $42.25, insurance $3.60 for the first $100, $1.15 each additional $100, up to a max insured value of $675.
Large - 20 lbs max, $55.75, same insurance scale and limits as the medium box.

And, an interesting item from the Policies page: "[FONT=Arial, serif]Precious stones, set or not set; all items used as dress ornaments and coming under the term "jewelry" including articles of gold or other precious metal for personal use such as cigarette holders, cases, powder cases, card cases, opera glasses, fountain pens, watches, etc., are permitted in insured parcels provided the articles have value not over $5 U.S. A parcel containing a number of such articles valued at $5 or less may be insured for the total value of the contents up to a maximum of $200."

They call out fountain pens specifically, but a $5 limit on value? Doesn't seem they visit anyone here to buy their pens. :biggrin:

Ed
[/FONT]

eajacobson

A couple more points for an Canadian buyers:

[FONT=Arial, serif]"Goods valued under 20 Canadian dollars are duty and excise tax exempt. Goods over 20 Canadian dollars will be subject to the applicable duties and excise taxes. Gift shipments received by mail that are valued under 60 Canadian dollars are duty and excise tax exempt."[/FONT]

and

[FONT=Arial, serif]"For all casual and commercial goods valued at or under 1,600 Canadian dollars, Canada Post will collect assessed duties, excise taxes, and a handling fee from the addressee. This handling fee is set by Canada Post (see [/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGcustoms-e.asp[/FONT][FONT=Arial, serif]). All commercial mail items over 1,600 Canadian dollars will be held by Canada Customs and Excise until proper invoice and accounting documentation is provided by the addressee."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]I don't want to call these gifts, so keep that in mind for your inbound packages.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, serif]Ed
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom