Website Is Functional - Some info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
1) The new Website/store is functional now.

2) If you were a customer at the old site, there is one change.
At the old store you signed in with your email and password - in the new store you sign in with your username (you did not have a username in the old store) email and password.

3) On your first visit to the new store you will have to change your password because the password could not be moved. Click on Login/Logout then on Forgot password and follow the instructions to change your password. TIP - when changing your password type you're email address where called for - when you have changed the password the username will be emailed to you and you can write it down if it is truncated.

4) Take note of the username...when the records were transferred from the old site you did not have a username so the new site assigned your email address as your username. But - the username field was not large enough to fit all the characters in some email addresses in. In that case the Username was created by truncating characters from your email. So your Username will be as much of your email address as would fit in the field. This can not be changed.

5) If you were a Smitty's Club member you still are and don't have to do anything.

6) The only way you can get a new Username is to cancel your registration and reregister....But, if you do so you will have no access to your order history from the old site and your Smitty's Club membership will have to be transferred manually to the new registration before you get member prices so don't reregister then make an immediate purchase or you might pay too much - no refunds issued if you do that. If you do cancel and reregister let me know by email when you do it. If you are a Smitty's Club member don't buy anything until I can set up Smitty's Club for the new registration.

7) If you are a registered customer and want to join Smitty's Club. Click on "Application to Join Smitty's Club" and follow the instructions. Do not put anything but the subscription in your shopping cart and check out. You must then wait to shop until membership is approved and you have been added to the Smitty's Club list. This must be done before you get club prices.

8) Smitty's Club Members no longer have a separate area in the store. The prices displayed to you will be Club Prices on all items which have a discount for members, and normal store prices on other items. The advantage of this is you can never forget you're a member and pay full price. Generally Speaking - Kits will have a special price and parts and assessories will not.

9) We have tried to get everything priced correctly but if you see something that looks wrong let me know and I will check it out making a change if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Tuttle

Hi Smitty - I've tried several times to place an order, but can't complete an order. I don't see any way to use a credit card. If I use PayPal it goes to PayPal, comes back and fails. Tried back on the 11th, and several times tonight. Any suggestions? Thanks!

---Bill Tuttle

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Smitty - I've tried several times to place an order, but can't complete an order. I don't see any way to use a credit card. If I use PayPal it goes to PayPal, comes back and fails. Tried back on the 11th, and several times tonight. Any suggestions? Thanks!

---Bill Tuttle
If you want to pay with Mastercard or Visa.
1)When you finish shopping if you don't already see your cart click on shopping cart. Under the list of items you will see Checkout a blue button.

2) Click on it. that will take you to a page where you can make sure the billing and shipping addresses are correct.

3) When finished click on "Continue" that takes you to a page where you wlill see a box that says "please select the payment method you prefer below" with check buttons showing the methods available payment.

4) Check "secure on line credit card" method, Then Check "continue" that will take you to a page that shows your order and shipping details and asks you to "confirm and pay for order"

5) When you click on that you'll be asked to enter your credit card information.

If you want to pay with a Credit Card other than Mastercard or Visa--- in step 4 above click on PayPal and use the credit card as your payment method at paypal when finished paying return to the store and logout that will assure the payment gets recorded and completes your order. If you don't do that I'll need to check paypal before I process your order..

Last edited:

Bill Tuttle

I click the Checkout button, takes me to the page for the addresses. When I click the continue button there, it takes me right back to the page I came from with the checkout button. Instead of going to the payment type page, it's going back to the original cart page.

Bill Tuttle

Some additional info: I'm running current versions of Chrome and Firefox browsers, both fail. I tried on an older system with an older Chrome and it seems to work. Not sure what is happening on the newer system/browsers.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If you find out what is keeping it from working let me know and I'll tell the support team, maybe they can do something. Probably not but I'll still know and can tell others if they run into the problem.

Bill Tuttle

We've worked it out. The black chrome Creekline kits have a checkbox for black chrome finish that the chrome ones don't. Unless you check that single checkbox, it won't let you check out. It also doesn't seem to tell you why it won't checkout. Since the item is the Black Chrome Creekline, I don't know why it has the additional checkbox for Black Chrome Finish, but that's what the problem is. I went through choosing PayPal and got to the Your Order Has Been Approved page. I've also received the email confirmation. Thanks!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
We've worked it out. The black chrome Creekline kits have a checkbox for black chrome finish that the chrome ones don't. Unless you check that single checkbox, it won't let you check out. It also doesn't seem to tell you why it won't checkout. Since the item is the Black Chrome Creekline, I don't know why it has the additional checkbox for Black Chrome Finish, but that's what the problem is. I went through choosing PayPal and got to the Your Order Has Been Approved page. I've also received the email confirmation. Thanks!
I would have thought of that if I knew what you were ordering. I have about 4 products that have an option box but no real option...it carrys over from the old store where there was an option. I'll fix them when I have time.

Top Bottom