THREADED SLIMLINE - NOTES FOR BUYERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
23 MEMBERS BOUGHT THESE KITS HERE ARE A COUPLE OF NOTES - THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS BUT IF YOU'VE EVER MADE A SLIMLINE YOU'LL KNOW HOW TO PUT THEM TOGETHER.

1. the inside of the tubes are threaded as are the tip, transmission and cap.
  2. There is a definite upper and lower tube, the lower tube has female threads in both ends the upper tube has only one end threaded.
  3. Be VERY careful when gluing and squaring the blank so you don't butch up the threads - I have no spare tubes. I suggest making sure no glue gets inside the tube when installing the tube into the blank.
  4. They are not forgiving as to which tube goes where so make sure you know which one you want as the upper and which you want as the lower.
  5. The lower tube will not be forgiving with respect to tube length so that is another reason to use care when squaring the blank. You won't be able to adjust the transmission depth in the tube to compensate for a shortened tube.
  6. Added by edit...in case some one might not have noticed these require an 8mm drill bit. The threaded 7mm tube is inserted inside an 8mm tube. I don't think they require different bushings the manufacturer didn't offer any. But check before you ruin blanks.
Other then that they should be a snap to do and swapping barrels will be pretty easy but they will require a bit more attention to the details than standard slims. And you'll not have to worry about breaking something as you press them together or how to correct it when you forget to put the clip on before you press in the cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom