Smitty Liberty added to On Sale list

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
We have put the American made Stainless Steel Smitty Liberty on sale in the store. Lowest Price I've ever seen Liberty kits sell for. Ours has a little different look than other Liberty kits but all parts are interchangeable.

SMITTY LIBERTY SmittyLiberty 6-24-2015 4-19-26 PM 2403x2157.jpg LIBERTYOriginal Liberty 6-7-2015 5-32-14 PM 895x277.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Sorry, no offense. But not a fan of the kit (eye of the beholder ya know) but I love the finish on the wood.
Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Taste is taste - I like some kits better than others myself. We think ours is a little better looking than the original. The wood is Amboyna Burl.

CREID

Like I said, no offense. I don't usually comment on pens because I am an extremely honest person and so many people take honesty as an insult, I'm glad you didn't. I commented this time because the wood was beautiful and I the finish (at least on my monitor) looked great. Amboyna burl, a little to rich for me, but I also haven't seen many pens made from it either. If I have an occasion to make a really special pen from wood I will definitely keep Amboyna in mind and maybe have to save up for it.
Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Like I said, no offense. I don't usually comment on pens because I am an extremely honest person and so many people take honesty as an insult, I'm glad you didn't. I commented this time because the wood was beautiful and I the finish (at least on my monitor) looked great. Amboyna burl, a little to rich for me, but I also haven't seen many pens made from it either. If I have an occasion to make a really special pen from wood I will definitely keep Amboyna in mind and maybe have to save up for it.
Curt
Actually there is a lot of Amboyna Burl out there that looks better, that was only about average.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
wheres the sale price at I cant find it
On the site home page in the task bar above the IAP logo click "On Sale"
I am old. My eyesight aint the best. But all I see are Le Roi Elegants.
I do see what is in the original post under usa pen kits.
So either my eyes are bad, my browser sucks or you have a bad link.
Curt
There are 10 items on sale they show in 3 rows of three items and one row with just one. The Smitty Liberty is the only item in the bottom row

Karl_99

Smitty:

Would you post a picture of the Smitty Liberty and the Constant Liberty pens next to each other so we can see the difference, please?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty:

Would you post a picture of the Smitty Liberty and the Constant Liberty pens next to each other so we can see the difference, please?
I do not have a clear enough picture of the Liberty - the one I have in my store is somewhat blurred and you can't really make out the differences. If someone has a decent .jpg photo of the liberty they can email me I'll do it. In addition to the external changes, while Constant provides Schmidt refills with his version they are not easyFlow 9000 they are Schmidt P900 refills which are a little cheaper and I think are not quite as good as the easyFlow 9000.

Last edited:

SteveJ

Last edited:

CREID

Curt
There are 10 items on sale they show in 3 rows of three items and one row with just one. The Smitty Liberty is the only item in the bottom row
It's coming up now, but yesterday that wasn't there. Maybe my browser wasn't refreshing your site for some reason. IE does weird things sometimes.
Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Curt
It's coming up now, but yesterday that wasn't there. Maybe my browser wasn't refreshing your site for some reason. IE does weird things sometimes.
Curt
Well I had to go check because sometimes my site puts things in my store view but not in the customer store view. I had one just the other day that I had to create a new listing for that reason.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There are some nice pictures of the Liberty in this post:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/liberty-sheoak-cast-132916/

And one in Amboyna to compare with the one Smitty's here:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/liberty-amboyna-burl-132915/

Looks like the most notable differences are that the nib and finial in the original have a "bump" that Smitty's doesn't have.

They look like nice kits and Smitty's Liberty costs less at regular prices.
That is right - I did not like the bump so I had them removed. The other difference is the Schmidt easyFlow 9000 refill with the Smitty Liberty vs the Schmidt P900 refill with the original. The easyFlow 9000 is a bit more expensive but many, if not most, consider it to be a little better refill.

CREID

Curt
Curt
Well I had to go check because sometimes my site puts things in my store view but not in the customer store view. I had one just the other day that I had to create a new listing for that reason.
As a webmaster myself, weird things happen to those things, if most of the people viewing even knew.
Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
So is the Smitty Liberty very similar to the Coyote?
No more similar to the Coyote than the Liberty. It is a Liberty kit with a couple of changes in the look and a different refill. The Coyote has a different tube size and takes different bushings and drill bit.

Last edited:

DLGunn

Smitty,

one tip for making sure the items show up in the "Customer View" is to simply log out from your admin log in for the site. Then refresh and visit the regular site without signing in. That should give you the regular customer view. I do this on my blog to make sure everyone sees what I have edited. Sometimes the admin view and the customer views can be different.

Ironwood

I do not have a clear enough picture of the Liberty - the one I have in my store is somewhat blurred and you can't really make out the differences. If someone has a decent .jpg photo of the liberty they can email me I'll do it.

Looks like the most notable differences are that the nib and finial in the original have a "bump" that Smitty's doesn't have.

Smitty, if you want any of the pics in those threads that are linked, just let me know and I will email them to you.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I do not have a clear enough picture of the Liberty - the one I have in my store is somewhat blurred and you can't really make out the differences. If someone has a decent .jpg photo of the liberty they can email me I'll do it.

Smitty, if you want any of the pics in those threads that are linked, just let me know and I will email them to you.

One of the Amboyna burl would be nice. Thank you.,

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Smitty,

one tip for making sure the items show up in the "Customer View" is to simply log out from your admin log in for the site. Then refresh and visit the regular site without signing in. That should give you the regular customer view. I do this on my blog to make sure everyone sees what I have edited. Sometimes the admin view and the customer views can be different.
Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. I do have a regular sign in at my store aside from the administrative one. I just usually don't have to use it. But it showed the correct On Sale page.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
No more similar to the Coyote than the Liberty. It is a Liberty kit with a couple of changes in the look and a different refill. The Coyote has a different tube size and takes different bushings and drill bit.
I believe the Coyote is a smaller Pen and personally I don't like the clip on the Coyote - it is not like the clip on Liberty.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Need a Picture

Does anyone have a good picture of the Lazerlinez bushings for the Liberty kit they can email me - one that shows the 60 degree camphor and clearly shows they are duel purpose. .jpg format works best for me.

Last edited:

SteveJ

I forgot that the tubes were different. I agree, the clip does look nicer on the Liberty.

Top Bottom