RHETORICAL QUESTION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have decided to migrate my store to a new platform because ProStores (my current platform) is shutting their doors. With the new platform I wil have the ability to post unlimited products. In addition, adding products will require less work than my current store.

I will also be integrating the store with facebook and will begin to list finished pens. aimed at that market.

I really have 3 questions:

1. Shall I increase the offerings of pen making stuff?

2. If yes, what do you think I should be offering?

3, On a slightly different note I am a PSI reseller, should I continue to Increase my in stock offerings of PSI products.

Thanks for your feedback.

duncsuss

I have decided to migrate my store to a new platform because ProStores (my current platform) is shutting their doors.
I'm glad you chose to keep going (rather than following the lead of Prostores and closing up shop.)

Not really necessary, but if you choose to add a few items I'd suggest going for those that are different and/or hard to find. Perhaps there's a niche for you to operate your store as a sort of "group buy coordinator" for those products (tools, kits, parts, consumables) that aren't feasible for one or two people to order, but with a couple dozen make good sense (and a margin for you, of course.)

(You already do what I'm thinking of with the PSI "bulk discount" items that you take orders for prior to buying in from PSI.)

No idea right now -- but when I need something and can't find it from my regular sources I'll be right back ... :biggrin:

3, On a slightly different note I am a PSI reseller, should I continue to Increase my in stock offerings of PSI products.
It doesn't make sense to me for you to keep a large stock of PSI stuff on your shelves.

Making an occasional "next week I'm going to order XYZ, anyone want in?" is a pretty good approach IMO.

You're welcome ... HTH

gimpy

Well, I believe that sums it up, well said

I have decided to migrate my store to a new platform because ProStores (my current platform) is shutting their doors.
I'm glad you chose to keep going (rather than following the lead of Prostores and closing up shop.)

Not really necessary, but if you choose to add a few items I'd suggest going for those that are different and/or hard to find. Perhaps there's a niche for you to operate your store as a sort of "group buy coordinator" for those products (tools, kits, parts, consumables) that aren't feasible for one or two people to order, but with a couple dozen make good sense (and a margin for you, of course.)

(You already do what I'm thinking of with the PSI "bulk discount" items that you take orders for prior to buying in from PSI.)

No idea right now -- but when I need something and can't find it from my regular sources I'll be right back ... :biggrin:

It doesn't make sense to me for you to keep a large stock of PSI stuff on your shelves.

Making an occasional "next week I'm going to order XYZ, anyone want in?" is a pretty good approach IMO.

You're welcome ... HTH

Top Bottom