Refills for the Rhodium Caballero pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Everyone who bought Rhodium Caballero Pen component sets and received Schmidt 888 refills will be receiving Schmidt 5888 refills to use in place of them. You may keep the 888's which probably will not fit the Rhodium Caballeros but will be perfectly fine for any other application including Chrome and Gold Ti Caballeros.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you and extend my thanks to Ed and Dawn of ExoticBlanks for their quick response to my need to get these refills out in a hurry.

All will be in the mail 5/13/14 ... most shipped first class mail but can be tracked you should have gotten the tracking number in an email.

Edit: Just in case you want to make sure 888 refills will work in the future, you can take a properly sized drill bit (you'll need to mic the 888 refill to get the size) and using a hand drill driver gently ream the male threaded end of the nib assembly just a tiny bit. It appears that a little plating got where it shouldn't be and if you take that off everything should be OK. IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU AND YOUR REPONSIBILITY IF YOU DO THIS - I DON'T THINK YOU'LL DAMAGE THE PLATING BUT I SENT THE NEW REFILLS IN CASE YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

As everyone here has said, you've gone above and beyond to make something right that was not of your own wrong. My refills arrived today, and I was ecstatic to find some blue ones in the mix :)

Thank you greatly Leroy!

Top Bottom