Opinion Wanted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The Le Roi Version two has gone over well enough that I am very likely going to offer another finish or perhaps offer it in a click version. Tell me what color combination I should offer if I offer a third plating. And whether a click version should be added.

EDIT IN:I have looked into pricing a little and adding a click version would hit the following pricing ranges. Chrome/Black Chrome or reversed - Retail $5.70 - $6.20. Gold Tn/Gm or reversed - Retail $8.00 - $8.50. All Gun Metal - Retail $7.50- $8.00, All Black Chrome - Retail $6.50 - $7.00. Twist finishes would run in the same price range for the same finishes.

Rhodium: Rhodium is expensive so any combination with Rhodium would be about $2.00 - $3.00 more than the most expensive --- most finishes including rhodium would probably retail for over $10.00 for either a clicker or finial twist.

Any of the above kits would be discounted about 15% to 20% for Smitty's Club Members and of course would be even a little less in a preprod sale. How do those prices sound.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bean_Counter

I would like to see a clicker version as well in the popular platings. I would really really really, did I say REALLY love to see an all black chrome version in the twist style! These would do so well for me

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would like to see a clicker version as well in the popular platings. I would really really really, did I say REALLY love to see an all black chrome version in the twist style! These would do so well for me
You are saying black on black? I don't think I've ever seen one of those - interesting thought.

southernclay

There is a black chrome twist sierra. Really good looking with the right blank. I like gun metal as well so that would be a good choice. An all gun metal would be neat. Glad the V2 is selling well for you Leroy!

Bean_Counter

You are saying black on black? I don't think I've ever seen one of those - interesting thought.

Yup black on black. Makes a really sweet pen bc so much goes with black especially texas tech colors. The ones I have bought appear to be a Berea kit and I've only found them at one supplier. PM me Leroy and I'll tell you which vendor so you can check them out. I would Love for you to pick these up as well as a solid gun metal

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Yup black on black. Makes a really sweet pen bc so much goes with black especially texas tech colors. The ones I have bought appear to be a Berea kit and I've only found them at one supplier. PM me Leroy and I'll tell you which vendor so you can check them out. I would Love for you to pick these up as well as a solid gun metal
Very likely a Berea exclusive and maybe they're testing the waters

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I don't have a preference but would just like to seeink other that what has already floaded the market.

Cheers Ian
I don't carry ink other than a couple of ballpoint and rollerball refills. And I won't be in the forseeable future because there are too many choices available - makes my head spin just thinking about it.

Top Bottom