NOTICE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
NEXT WEEK I AM GETTING A NEW COMPUTER --- SINCE I USE BOTH OUTLOOK EXPRESS AND WINDOWS XP AS WELL AS INTERNET EXPLORER....FOR VERY SOUND REASONS A LOT OF THINGS WILL BE CHANGING SO I COULD EASILY BE OFF THE AIR FOR AWHILE UNTIL I GET THE NEW SYSTEM FULLY OPERATIONAL. HENCE IF YOU HAVE ANY URGENT NEED YOU EXPECT ME TO FILL, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THEM BEFORE SUNDAY - i EXPECT TO GO DOWN AROUND NOON MONDAY AND WILL BE OFF MOST OF THE REST OF THAT DAY AT LEAST AND VERY LIKELY A DAY OR TWO LONGER.

I am pretty well back but I'm still learning my way around Windows 8 and Firefox and the email is giving me fits but I should get it worked out buy tomorrow. Orders to the store can be processed.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I'll add my wishes of luck as well. Before you take the plunge, backup all your current data (preferably to an external HDD) and after the new system is set up, you can copy/restore the data.

Staying with M$?

WalkOn

Hey Smitty,

You might want to check and see if that Cap Lock Key works on your new computer, that way you'll be able to occasionally type in lower case. : ) :rolleyes:

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:

WalkOn

Reading Caps?....No problemo. But Caps should be used (imho) for emphases, like: Why You Old Goat! :)

But I'm not a member of the Typing Police, so whatever makes you happy and best of luck with the computer switch.

Kev

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Reading Caps?....No problemo. But Caps should be used (imho) for emphases, like: Why You Old Goat! :)

But I'm not a member of the Typing Police, so whatever makes you happy and best of luck with the computer switch.

Kev
How about this for emphasis.....or this.....rather than THIS. Only chat rooms consider caps "shouting", I frequently use them in notices etc, to make for easier reading - block letters go easier for old eyes (like mine).

WalkOn

Sure, colors, bolding, underlining will bring attention to what you trying to get across. The trick is not to over do it.

About 35 years ago I had a job with a newspaper in the advertising department and they beat a bunch of stuff in my head. Much it was really about not over using colors, fonts, etc., just keep in moderation. Otherwise it just gets too busy and you lose your audience.

Kev

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey Smitty,

You might want to check and see if that Cap Lock Key works on your new computer, that way you'll be able to occasionally type in lower case. : ) :rolleyes:

Kev
You can't read block letters?:biggrin:

All caps was my Tandy Color Computer in the 80's...we are 30 years on now.

:bulgy-eyes::laugh::bulgy-eyes::laugh:
Actually my IBM Computer in 1981 allowed both upper and lower case but the BASIC programming language was all caps. I also had balls for my IBM Selectric Typewriter that were all caps....upper case letter keys were all special characters.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Sure, colors, bolding, underlining will bring attention to what you trying to get across. The trick is not to over do it.

About 35 years ago I had a job with a newspaper in the advertising department and they beat a bunch of stuff in my head. Much it was really about not over using colors, fonts, etc., just keep in moderation. Otherwise it just gets too busy and you lose your audience.

Kev
Judging by some of the flyers I now get - I'd say they've changed their opinion on that.

ianjwebster

We just had to change all of our office net. A steep learning curve but I do like Windows 7 and Office 2013 now that I'm getting used to it.

Have fun!!!!

Top Bottom