LeRoi V2 Click Evaluation Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmiles1985

My V2 click evaluation package arrived last night, and I already had barrels turned and waiting. I pressed two kits together, the first one I screwed up by misplacing the click mechanism. A simple disassembly, relocate and reassemble, and all is good. One barrel took a little tour of the garage while buffing (that is the pen I will be carrying for a few days to evaluate). The blanks are of my Mr. Anonymous Game #8 winnings. It's blue dyed Tortuoso Willow with burl inclusions, resifilled with blue resin. The resin is very dark (I actually thought it was black until I got the blanks into my shop).

Thank you LeRoy for the evaluation opportunity, and thank you George/Mr. Anonymous for the great blanks!

P.S. These are just quick phone pics.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Things learned

The drill bit (3/8th or 9.5mm) seems a tad small....I recomment 25/64th or 9.6mm on these kits.

Do apply a drop of glue (I use blue loctite) toward the top end of the white plastic sleeve before inserting it into the cap. This will keep the sleeve from turning when the click is depressed which causes the refil to not lock when extended.. This is really a carry over from the standard but a couple of testers had the problem.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Preproduction kits should be coming soon

My supplier informed me that these kits are in the final stages of production and packaging and should ship from there soon.

The only complaint has been a known characteristic where the plastic sleeve does not get glued in. That smooth white sleeve must have a drop of CA or other glue (red or blue loctite will work also) applied before it is inserted into the cap. If this is not done the sleeve can slip and turn when the clicker is depressed causing the pen to fail to stay extended when the button is released. This is the only way failures have occurred with this clicker mechanism. It is very positive and very reliable.

All other feed back from the evaluators indicate a high quality yet fairly low priced pen kit that should enhance most peoples offerings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom