LAST PREPRODUCTION BUY OF 2015?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
STILL OPEN FOR ABOUT ANOTHER FEW DAYS...DON'T MISS OUT, THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL KITS
LAST PREPRODUCTION BUY OF 2015
WE WILL ACCEPT PREPROD ORDERS FOR ABOUT 15 MORE KITS THEN THEY WILL BE SHUT OFF
DELIVERY DATE IS LATE JUNE

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE NOTICE BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER.
WE WILL BE INTRODUCING MORE NEW KITS DURING THE YEAR BUT THIS WILL PROBABLY BE THE LAST PREPRODUCTION SALE – POSSIBLY THERE WILL BE ONE MORE BUT THAT MIGHT NOT HAPPEN.
INTRODUCING ---- THE SPW CABALLERO IN BEAUTIFUL BLACK TITANIUM FINISH…THERE ARE TWO BLACK TI FINISHES AVAILABLE ONE WITH CHROME AS THE BASE THE OTHER WITH PALADIUM AS THE BASE. THE PALADIUM BASE WHICH IS MORE BEAUTIFUL AND MORE EXPENSIVE IS THE ONE WE ARE INTRODUCING. DARKER AND WITH A DEEPER SHINE THAN MOST BLACK TI – WE LOVE THIS FINISH.
ALSO INTRODUCING ---- THE ABOVE SPW CABALLERO FOUNTAIN PEN. AND OUR FOUNTAIN PEN VERSION HAS A WIDER #6 NIB RATHER THAN THE #5 FOUND ON JR GENT 1 FOUNTAIN PENS AS WELL AS MOST JR GENT 2 AND THE OTHER COMPATIBLE PENS OF THAT STYLE.
ALSO INTRODUCING ---- SPW CABALLERO FOUNTAIN PEN NIB ASSEMBLIES (WITH THE WIDER NIBS) WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO CONVERT A ROLLER BALL PEN TO A FOUNTAIN PEN IN CHROME AND GOLD Tn. THESE NIB ASSEMBLIES WILL WORK WITH BOTH THE OLDER AND NEWER VERSIONS OF CABALLERO.
WE WILL ALLOW PREPRODUCTION ORDERS FOR EITHER ROLLERBALL OR FOUNTAIN PEN OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH BUT THE MINIMUM ORDER WILL BE FOR 5 COMPLETE KITS.

ONCE YOU HAVE ORDERED, AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE ORDERED THE SPECIFIED NUMBER OF KITS, WE WILL ACCEPT ORDERS FOR NIB ASSEMBLIES AT A PREPROD PRICE THERE WILL BE NO MINIMUM QUANTITY.

WE WILL ALSO ACCEPT SPW CABALLERO BUSHINGS AND SPW CABALLERO TUBES ON THE ORDER. NOTHING ELSE CAN BE INCLUDED.
THE LISTING WILL BE FOUND AT THE STORE UNDER THE CATEGORY PREPRODUCTION SALES.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Will these fountains pens be able to use a standard converter? or Will it only use the Jr Gent I converters?
Help me out here? What is the difference between a Jr Gent 1 and a standard converter. I am not offering converters and don't expect to so I have not looked into that at all. My presumption would be if a standard converter will work on a jr Gent 1 it will work on these if it won't work on a jr Gent 1 it won't work on these....the nib being #6 rather than #5 probably changed the sleeve and feed somewhat but not the size of the opening. I do not believe they will require special cartridges.

Last edited:

Rchan63

The Jr.Gent 1 have its own converter which is very thin and does not hold much ink. The standard everyday converter will not fit too big.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The Jr.Gent 1 have its own converter which is very thin and does not hold much ink. The standard everyday converter will not fit too big.
I assume the reason for this is the ID of the nib coupler and that would be the same on the Caballero as on a Jr Gent 1. I'll ask about it. I should say this though, I do not guarantee that ANY ink converter will work with these kits, having never sold or tried converters with them. I tried converters with the Classic American's I used to carry and they did not fit well so I just don't offer them.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If my memory serves me, it is the ID of the pen body that is too narrow.
That could be...but the narrowest place inside the pen is the id of the coupler since the nib threads are male and the nib screws into the coupler I assumed that would be where any problem might arise.

mike4066

i can see the pens, but can't add them to the cart. I tried with IE and Chrome. The fountain pen converters will add to the card though.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
That should be fixed

You should be able to add everything to the cart now. Remember to order Nib Assemblies you must order at least 5 Pen Kits in any combination of RB and FP.

csr67

Site works fine now. I just placed and order, and I'm looking forward to the new kits. Thanks for the great deal and free shipping Smitty!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
SITE PROBLEMS FIXED....ORDERS ACCEPTED

We had some problems accepting orders at the store. These are now fixed.
Highlights of this Sale

1. Delivery in late June
  2. Retail price will be $13+ for RB $15 for FP
  3. Order must include 5 RB/FP Pen kits in any combination
  4. Order may include any quantity of FP Nib sets
  5. Order may include Caballero Tubes, Refills or Bushings
  6. Order can not include other items

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The very small ink converter you refer to will work with these pens, but as you say it does not hold much ink. But, I am checking that the supplier might have a larger capacityconverter available.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
comverters

If my memory serves me, it is the ID of the pen body that is too narrow.
That could be...but the narrowest place inside the pen is the id of the coupler since the nib threads are male and the nib screws into the coupler I assumed that would be where any problem might arise.
Richard, the Black Ti kits will have a redesigned coupler that will allow use of a larger (standard if you will converter) in the FP configuration.

The rest of the series a converter such as this can probably be used but would be a tight fit and might be problematic taking it in or out to refill.

Replacing the Black Chrome threaded couplers with Black Ti Couplers will allow use of standard converters on original version but the threads would not exactly match the black button in the cap and black trim ring in the center band.

Repalcing the Chrome or Gold Ti couplers on the newer version of the kits with Black TI couplers would make the kits two tone but would allow use of the standard Converters.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
PREPRODUCTION SALE OF THESE KITS IS CLOSING TONIGHT - 5/22/2015.​
The order is progressing and is currently scheduled to be shipped to you in early to mid June

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I LEFT THIS UP A FEW DAYS LONGER BECAUSE THERE IS A SLIGHT DELAY IN SHIPPING FROM THE MANUFACTURER BUT IT IS COMING DOWN TONIGHT OR WHEN 20 MORE KITS ARE ORDERED WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST

Top Bottom