January Trust Smitty Surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
WE NOW HAVE THESE PACKAGES READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT.

THE JANUARY 2016 TRUST SMITTY SURPRISE PACKAGE WILL BE GOING FOR $50 WITH SHIPPING. .

THIS ONE CONSISTS MOSTLY OF MID PRICED KITS - QUITE POPULAR FROM A HIGHLY RATED MANUFACTURER (DAYACOM). 35 PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE.

EDIT IN:
OF COURSE WE ALSO INCLUDE BUSHINGS AND BLANKS IN ALL OF THESE PACKAGES. THE BLANKS IN THIS PACKAGE ARE ACRYLIC.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Moving mighty slow

WE NOW HAVE THESE PACKAGES READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT.

THE JANUARY 2016 TRUST SMITTY SURPRISE PACKAGE WILL BE GOING FOR $50 WITH SHIPPING. .

THIS ONE CONSISTS MOSTLY OF MID PRICED KITS - QUITE POPULAR FROM A HIGHLY RATED MANUFACTURER (DAYACOM). 35 PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE.
EDIT IN: OF COURSE WE ALSO INCLUDE BUSHINGS AND BLANKS IN ALL OF THESE PACKAGES. THE BLANKS IN THIS PACKAGE ARE ACRYLIC.​
PLENTY OF KITS LEFT

My initial instinct was to have no surprise package in January and it looks like I should have followed that instinct. The packages are moving very slowly.

Dale Lynch

Got mine monday.I was suprised to see it full of your competitors overstock and freebies.All of it is quality stuff in it of itself but not what I was expecting.I should have reaserched the history of the suprise deal threads.Next time I'll just pick out some stuff directly from your website.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Got mine monday.I was suprised to see it full of your competitors overstock and freebies.All of it is quality stuff in it of itself but not what I was expecting.I should have reaserched the history of the suprise deal threads.Next time I'll just pick out some stuff directly from your website.
It is absolutely not competitors "overstock". There are three other vendor's products involved as well as my own. All of them are first line products. I stated in the ad the price range of the kits as being mid-priced so I have no idea what you expected ... but if you are not happy with what you received you can certainly return them for a full refund including your return shipping cost..

Last edited:

Dale Lynch

A suprise by nature means you don'tknow what it is.As I said all of the items are quality made.I assumed that all of the items would be from your business.If I would have researched past suprise threads and poll I would have seen that some of the items would be stuff you don't carry.

As to the overstock comment.I see no reason why another supplyier would risk being short on stock for their regular customers to put a package deal to make your business money.That is unless they have more than enough stock on hand.When one of the items has freebie written right on it what am I supposed to think?

Again all of the items are well made, I just did not expect a package from 4 different venders.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It is absolutely not competitors "overstock". There were three other vendor's products involved as well as my own. All of them are first line products. That being said, if you are unhappy with your purchase you can return it for a full refund.

H2O

That's the surprise... buying common kits from another vendor and getting freebies with the order, then putting together a package from a quantity discount order from those vendors to turn a profit.

SURPRISE!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A suprise by nature means you don'tknow what it is.As I said all of the items are quality made.I assumed that all of the items would be from your business.If I would have researched past suprise threads and poll I would have seen that some of the items would be stuff you don't carry.

As to the overstock comment.I see no reason why another supplyier would risk being short on stock for their regular customers to put a package deal to make your business money.That is unless they have more than enough stock on hand.When one of the items has freebie written right on it what am I supposed to think?

Again all of the items are well made, I just did not expect a package from 4 different venders.
The surprise packages may contain my own kits, another vendor's kits, or some combination there of. They will usually contain blanks from my own stock but not always.

csr67

That's the surprise... buying common kits from another vendor and getting freebies with the order, then putting together a package from a quantity discount order from those vendors to turn a profit.

SURPRISE!

You haven't a clue obviously. I've bought several surprise packages from Smitty and each one was a great value and featured quality products. Sometimes it's better just to observe and stay silent when you have nothing of value to offer.

glenspens

Been happy with the ones I have got from Smitty.....It's a SURPRISE or a Trust Smitty... like a grab bag you know you will get a good bang for the $$ BUT you don't know what's in the bag. Who gives a rats A$$ what vendor as long as you get a good product...if you don't like a surprise the pay full price and get what you want and not a surprise.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

SURPRISE!
Try getting the products in my Surprise Packages cheaper directly from the "other" vendor.... you might if you buy 50 or 100 copies and spend $1000 or so...

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I Run a Business

I should not have to say this---but I operate Smitty's Pen Works it is a retail business. I do not operate a charity for pen turners.

The purpose of a retail business is to make a profit. To make a profit a retail business must sell products for more than it pays for them.

My business, like a number of other vendors here, also supports the IAP and several of the IAP regional membership groups as well as "pens for troops". I ask for nothing in return.

In addition I sometimes offer odds and ends to IAP members through the "deals' forum. Normally I ask enough to cover my costs - but not always.

Since I started the Trust Smitty Surprise packages I have featured kits or blanks from Classic Nib, Dayacom, exoticblanks.com, CSUSA, PSI and 4 individuals who make blanks including 2 makers of Alumilite blanks. I have also featured some of my own kits. Most of the kits from the listed sources are not kits that I usually stock in my own store. In the surprise packages I always mention the source of the kits. Do I make a profit -- sure I do, but it isn't going to make me a wealthy man.

SAWDUST 101

Passed Away Jan 7, 2018
In Memoriam
I for one have been happy with all the "Smitty surprise packages" I have received and could care less if they were "overstock items" or whatever. If Smitty can get a good enough price for quality goods from whom ever and willing to pass it on I will not look a gift horse in the mouth, just be thankful we have vendors like him.

Don

keithy

I am a relatively new Pen turner and have been buying trust smitty and other deals that he has been offering since October. I allows me to try a wide variety of different kits that otherwise I might not pick.

I have always thought they have given me value for money. Does Smitty make money from them. I would be disappointed if he did not. If he does not then he won't stay in business and I will be unable to buy from him. (my view on this is colored by the fact I run my own business and have a small number of customers who think that I run it as a charity to service their requirements rather than to make my living from it)

I think Smitty went beyond the call of duty when he said that he would accept the return of the purchase and refund not only the purchase price but also the return shipping.

Most of the vendors on the IAP site have been first class to deal with. ( narrowly missed being caught by the wood supplier from Australia as the publication of the problems others were having here on the site came just as I was about to place an order with them)

Drewboy22

I have enjoyed all the "Surprises" I have received and I trust Smitty's judgement. I have received some pens that I would not have bought but ended up really liking.

Thumbs up for Smitty!!

VotTak

I've been enjoying Smitty's sales offers and "Trust Smitty" packages since August. His sales turn most of my money to his site and I have never regret about it. I always got something cheaper than on other sites. That being said, yes, I'm supporting his business, and all I can say that if he is making money while I'm saving money than it is good for his business and for me. And in this case I really do not care how it has been done.
I was able to try new kits I would not probably buy in quantities to get slight discount, and that is very good as I am not experienced pen turner and would like to try new stuff. Here I got this oportunity.

Top Bottom