High End Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There is a discussion in another vendor's forum regarding whether or not a pen with chrome plating can be high end. The poll results there speak for themselves so that is not the point of this thread.

I posted that it appeared to me that at least one of the premier suppliers of high end pen kits thought so because they are offering some of their high end pen kits are now offered with chrome plating.

I also stated that at least one of their high end kits listed Rho/Rho as the lowest price option offered. I did not name the kit because as a professional I didn't want to mention a kit that I will have for sale on another vendor's forum,

Another member, who is not a vendor, and did not have any information regarding which kit I was referring to, then posted that he knew that Rho/Rho was not the lowest price.

I was referring to the Great Palace Vine and Jr Great Palace Vine....on the Dayacom website under the category HIGH END PEN KITS you will find those kits offered in:
*Rhodium / 22K
*Rhodium / SS (Sterling Silver 925)
*Rhodium / Rhodium

During my negotiations with Dayacom to purchase these kits Rhodium/Rhodium was in fact the lowest price...Rhodium/SS (Sterling Silver 925) was by far the highest with Rhodium/22K being perhaps 10% higher than Rhodium/Rhodium. I did, in fact, make a purchase and they will be appearing in Rhodium/Rhodium in my store soon. They will also go on sale at another vendor's site at about the same time.

The person who said I was wrong said he got his information from Dayacom - Obviously he did not, or he was speaking about some other high end pen kit. While He might have asked Dayacom for prices I am sure they did not quote him prices that they would not quote me.

If he asked if Dayacom would produce the pen in some other finish they would probably do so - but they do not currently include any other finishes in their offerings.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
No need to explain yourself Smitty. There is a lot more I could say but I'll just leave it at that. :wink:

jsolie

Smitty, I knew what you were referring to in the other and your statement made perfect sense to me. You would know--you had to contact the manufacturer for pricing.

csr67

No need to explain yourself at all Smitty. Once I saw the source of the nonsense, it was crystal clear. Someone really needs to get a life, or go turn a few pens.... I really need to learn how to use the "ignore" button to block this fool from ruining my experience on this site repeatedly every time he posts such nonsense.

You, unlike this other unnamed clown, add great value to this site and the pen making community.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thank you

Thank you for the kind words folks. I just wanted to make sure that people understood that I was telling the truth. In fact, during the negotiations I conducted a poll myself to see which finish of those kits I would carry, as part of that poll I published the FOB Taiwan Wholesale Prices of all of the finishes offered for those kits.

hcpens

Smitty TRUST is not an issue with you. You are old school, where a handshake is all that is needed, well a warm smile helps to.

Top Bottom