Creeklines Could be my new Favorite 7mm kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

I've turned a few of the Creekline kits that Smitty sent out recently. I took one with me to work today and realized that it could be the only 7mm style pen that I like. There's enough meat left at the center and cap that you don't have to stress yourself into a coronary. The transmission seems smooth. The playing looks good, easy assembly, easy turning (no tenon is nice compared to Euro). I really like this kit! The only thing I would change is the piece of Brazilian Walnut that I used on the one I took to work today. That stuff made me cough like crazy, even with a dust mask! I had yellow powder everywhere! I'm finishing one in canary wood now that could replace my Le Roi as my daily carry pen.

Thanks Smitty for the preproduction offer on the Creeklines!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have about 10 and am waiting for the bushings or I will just use calipers. Thanks for the feed back. If you used calibers, would you mind sharing the dins with me please?

Carl Fisher

I've been using nothing but Creekline as my Cross refill offering for some time now. The only reason I'll buy stock slims anymore is for slim modifications. For an entry priced kit pen on our show table, the Creekline wins hands down.

TonyL

Beautiful. That will be my pen to make tomorrow/ Thanks again Carl. I will check out your photos.

larryc

I have about 10 and am waiting for the bushings or I will just use calipers. Thanks for the feed back. If you used calibers, would you mind sharing the dins with me please?

The proper use of calipers when turning pens does not require dimensions. The Creeklines you got from me may vary from those that someone else has. Set your calipers to the components you have and then turn your blanks to the same (more or less depending on your finishing thicknesses).

TonyL

Creeklines

The proper use of calipers when turning pens does not require dimensions. The Creeklines you got from me may vary from those that someone else has. Set your calipers to the components you have and then turn your blanks to the same (more or less depending on your finishing thicknesses).

Thank you for reminding me!

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
The creekline will replace all of my slims, since the transmission upgrade this is by far the best 7MM kit on the market. I hope Smitty continues to carry them..

Carl Fisher

Let's put it his way, when he stopped carrying them for a while I was buying what I could when I could from other IAP members who still had surplus.

The black chrome is the most popular for us.

Cmiles1985

I love gunmetal finish sets. It ranks with the satin chrome/nickel finishes in my book. I have yet to buy any antique brass finish sets, so I don't have a hands-on feel for them to say yes or no about requesting them. I'd buy them if they were available in a Creekline.

Any hopes of a pre-prod buy?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I love gunmetal finish sets. It ranks with the satin chrome/nickel finishes in my book. I have yet to buy any antique brass finish sets, so I don't have a hands-on feel for them to say yes or no about requesting them. I'd buy them if they were available in a Creekline.

Let us keep the horse and the cart in proper relationship with each other here.:wink:

Cmiles1985

Let us keep the horse and the cart in proper relationship with each other here.:wink:

Ok, gunmetal has my first vote.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Would that be 24K Gold Titanium Nitride or what David? In general I have a hard time moving 24K Gold - personally I don't have anything against it but a lot of my customers do. Also in today's market 24K may well be a little more expensive although Gold has pulled back a little, a lot of analyists are looking for a big bump later this year..
how about some gold

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Reasoning...

The Reason I did not mention Gold Tn, Black Ti and Rhodium as potential finishes is that they are more expensive and would not be priced the same as the existing kits. Gun Metal is a little higher than Chrome but probably not higher than Black Chrome. Rhodium is going out of sight, and Gold Tn and Black Ti are always somewhat above the others. IF I decide to do this I'll do a poll to se what colors to pick.

Top Bottom