BETA TEST...LE ROI V2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A couple of months ago i asked if people would be interested in the Le Roi Component Set with a 3/8th tube rather than the 27/64th and someone suggested a 'beta' test to see. So I procured the sets and bushings and sent them out to 20 people. I asked three things 1) they turn them as soon as possible 2) they send me their opinion of the kits and 3) they send me one completed pen. I charged them my cost, shipped them free and discounted the price by enough to cover shipping the completed pen to me. Two people said they would not be able to get to the turning to quickly but because of who they were and their reason I included them anyway. I expected 18 timely responses.

So far after about two months I've gotten back only 7 pens and about 10 reports 2 people did tell me why they couldn't get them done as quickly as they would have liked but did finish them. From the rest I've heard nothing. ASK WHEN I'LL DO THIS AGAIN.

I've had similar things in the past where I have given special prices in return for some action on the buyers part. In every case, I get many people willing to sign up to get the price but then forget their committment. Well I've learned the lesson, I like to trust people at their word so it took several attempts before I would admit to myself that I was being taken advantage of.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

My apologies, as I am one of the delinquents. I was able to post a report on the ones I turned, but the pen I was going to send developed a crack and I did not feel the other ones were up to snuff. Unfortunately, I have not worked on a pen since turning those. Nothing horrible, just life throwing a lot of little things my way. I think of it everytime I walk by the shop, but the time for pen turning has just not been there. I will remedy ASAP.

Again, my apologies.

keithlong

Hey LeRoy,
My apoligies as well, I too am one of the late ones, been waiting on the weather to get better, and hopefully i will be able to be in the shop next week. Again my apoligies, I have not fought the cold weather this winter in the shop.

sestes

I apologize as well. I have not made any pens in several months (for no particular reason), but will be working on it in the next week or so. You will get a pen from me and I will certainly give you my opinion on the set, just much later than you deserve.

glen r

It is unfortunate that when you try to get peoples' opinion on something that they have been asking for, many don't bother to respond. I'm sure you would even have appreciated an "I don't have time to do this now but will get back to you by ----" response instead of just silence. Human nature is what it is.

healeydays

I'm also one of the bad ones. I have had to shut down all pen making for some months as I'm working too many hours and have no times for any hobbies. Sorry...

Carl Fisher

I hate to read this. I know I was a bit later than planned, but I did my best to keep you informed of the delays. Hopefully I didn't end up on the naughty list :(

I thought the 3/8 tubes were a great change as it opens up more options in this style of pen that normally would require a Wall Street 3 or Sierra Vista to get that extra meat at the ends. I think these are a winner and hope you do add them to your lineup full time.

Top Bottom