Would you buy good casting wood pieces...?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Folks,

I have had this idea for a very long time because I produce a lot more of it than I ever will be able to use however, every suitable piece is trimmed to size and put aside so, nothing goes to waste.

In our days, casting wood blanks and other blanks has become a great experience for so many people, including a large number of IAP members that, took on the task with open arms, some are having better results than others many times due to lack of suitable woods/pieces for the task, which is most disappointing.

I have started casting long ago and since, I have helped many folks starting casting for themselves, I don't see it as working against me because it will compromise my sales of cast blanks, I don't really care about that, I prefer to stop casting when the interest is no longer there, on the other hand, there will always those that are just starting and that would never attempt to spend the money to invest on casting equipment and materials until they are satisfied that, they want to pursue pens and blanks making, for whatever the reasons.

With that said and as I mention previously, there are I believe a number of you that simply has no access of decent casting wood pieces and that is when I would come in, supplying those clean pieces.

I mean clean pieces because, freight/shipping is quite expensive and therefore I always aim to the best cost effective way to get things to you guys so, I would supply (unless otherwise requested) pieces of wood that have been trimmed to allow a general cast blank of 21 or 22mm square x 130mm long some of course, you can cast longer by adding multiple suitable pieces of the same wood.

These pieces are lightweight (most of them) so, I'm considering to put a few half a kilo to a 1kilo boxes together that can be filled with all of the same material or a mix.

Of some of the possibilities, 2 of which I have far too much of it are the beautiful Colonial Red gum burl pieces and the more recently acquired the Peppercorn tree burl, this is also a beautiful casting burl and is very light weight.

I have an issue with the Peppercorn burl I got, I don't have the space to put it all under cover and this burl has been considerably weathered from years in the weather. This is not all a negative as you may think, in fact, this burl is quite useless when green because it needs to dry to complete the nature cycle of natural decomposition which in this burl means, beautiful openings and lots of areas where the wood turn into a mass of spalted material.

Not all pieces require stabilizing but some of the most spalted, it would certainly improve its workability but having its harden before casting, as a matter of principle, I don't cast any wood without have it properly stabilized before end.

These boxes will be fairly inexpensive considering what you can do with them, there is no waste, every piece has been trimmed to general pen sizes.

I have plenty ready but not sorted or photographed, I started this thread after spending the last 2 afternoons processing one of the large pieces of the Peppercorn burl I brought home and to be fairly honest, the large percentage of these large pieces of old burl would be pretty much useless for anything else than small pieces like pen blanks, there is I believe about 10% of it that I can salvage as medium size bowl blanks, the biggest I processed to stabilized is about 1 cubic feet but most are smaller than that.

I will also turn a few items with this burl to show you how well it is suitable for many types of turning pieces .

I will leave you with some of the pics I already have of this burl, some raw, some stabilized, some soft and some hard some with no holes and some from the very outer part of the burl where all the natural holes are, after that, I will take some pics of the ready casting materials I have and post it here for you all to see and possibly make some orders.

Let me know if you are interested, I will provide prices very soon...!

Thank you,

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 509
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 474
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 492
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 468
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 489
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 458
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 435
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 411

Pat Keefe

George, a mate gave a piece of Peppercorn Burl last year. I turned a bowl and I was turning more air then timber. Off the tool it was nice and easy, sanded easily and finished with oil, then spray poly.

Attachments

• IMG_20150221_163518.jpg
    IMG_20150221_163518.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_20150221_163555.jpg
    IMG_20150221_163555.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_20150221_163514.jpg
    IMG_20150221_163514.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_20150221_163510.jpg
    IMG_20150221_163510.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 451

robutacion

Could take 4 pieces 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 square , 3-4 in long , with holes (the more the better) or spalt , soft is fine , for S&P shakers

Hi Wayne,

Sure mate but only 3 or 4" long? those would be some of the smaller S&P I've seen for some time...!

Would you like 2 pairs one with holes one spalted..?

If you can stabilize it yourself it would be a waste of money to pay that much more just in freight/shipping, this is fairly light weight stuff but after stabilized is a very different thing altogether, as you would expect, the spalted stuff is the one that loves Cactus Juice, drinks it like a Camel...!:eek::biggrin:

I will let you know when I got them cut...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

George, a mate gave a piece of Peppercorn Burl last year. I turned a bowl and I was turning more air then timber. Off the tool it was nice and easy, sanded easily and finished with oil, then spray poly.

G'day Pat,

Thank you so much for showing us your Peppercorn burl bowl, it looks great, interestingly, you don't see many pieces turned with it and I wonder why?

I would guess that some of your troubles with small pieces breaking apart was when it started to get thin, would be no surprise because it is quite fragile turned thin so, I'm considering preparing a few pieces for me to turn some from the burl's edges where the natural holes are but also some from the spalted "meat" of the burl and trunk wood, because that is the only part that spalts, on the pieces that I will turn, I will first rough turn and then dry (water) and stabilize then re-turn again to finish, that would save me lots of Juice and also will strengthen the half turned pieces.

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

I'm always looking for casting pieces. I would be in for a lot of it.

I prefer the pieces from the outer bark side that look like a "martian landscape" or something similar with lots of "craters" and "mountains".

Looking at the pictures above, the peppercorn burl pieces that aren't from the outer edge would also be neat and something I've never done before with all the voids.

I'm in!

Lewis

stuckinohio

Also, I really don't have a preference for wood types since I have no experience with Australian wood. I have purchased wood from you, but I haven't gotten a chance to turn it yet!

I think the Colonial red gum is beautiful and would be nice with several colors and the peppercorn burl would be nice with different colors.

Also, I stabilize, so I would not need them pre-stabilized.

Lewis

robutacion

Hi Lewis,

One of the things you and most other people overseas will notice is that, I'm not into the Aussie commercial valued burls that you see everywhere from Australia, what I offer are the less known species that I collect from around here that the big timbers guys don't bother with, no great commercial value and quite frankly I like it that way otherwise, it wouldn't be anything left.

So, I see no difficulty in arranging an assortment of various types of casting wood, including the Peppercorn burl, Colonial Red gum, Olive root, Platypus Gum burl, Cork wood, Bottle Brush root, and many other I have been gathering over the years.

I will have some more pics of what I have ready and some box sizes and respective prices, you then can make your selection and I will put it all together for you, no problem.

I believe you are after pen blank pieces, isn't it?

I took a couple of quick pics this afternoon of some boxes I had on hand, I'm reaching for many other boxes full of stuff and re-arrange the mess slightly so, you will see more types of casting woods...!

PS: You better start getting the nerve to turn some of my blanks you purchased, they won't bite you...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

stuckinohio

George,

I love the pieces in box #1! That's the type I like. I think they have more personality than the olive root pieces. I would be in for a pretty good amount of that.

I would be interested in maybe five pieces of the box #2 type just to play with.

And yes, I want pen blank sizes. I am anxious to turn your wood, but I make them mostly by order and I haven't had any takers for wood lately, except for the wood and resin.

I'm glad you decided to do this!

Lewis

robutacion

George,

I love the pieces in box #1! That's the type I like. I think they have more personality than the olive root pieces. I would be in for a pretty good amount of that.

I would be interested in maybe five pieces of the box #2 type just to play with.

And yes, I want pen blank sizes. I am anxious to turn your wood, but I make them mostly by order and I haven't had any takers for wood lately, except for the wood and resin.

I'm glad you decided to do this!

Lewis

Well, that good mate because, those are the ones I have the most from my recent findings.

I will show you all the types I can sell, I can take close up pics from each type to help you guys deciding but certainly, this Peppercorn burl as lost of potential...!

Be patient, you will have plenty to choose from...!:)

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Could take 4 pieces 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 square , 3-4 in long , with holes (the more the better) or spalt , soft is fine , for S&P shakers

Hi Wayne,

Sure mate but only 3 or 4" long? those would be some of the smaller S&P I've seen for some time...!

If you can stabilize it yourself it would be a waste of money to pay that much more just in freight/shipping, this is fairly light weight stuff but after stabilized is a very different thing altogether, as you would expect, the spalted stuff is the one that loves Cactus Juice, drinks it like a Camel...!:eek::biggrin:

Cheers
George

3-4 inch is fine George , these are for S&P shakers , not grinders . The insert is less than 2 inches long . One set spalt and one not would be good . Don`t worry if both pieces in a pair aren`t the same length . I usually make one a bit shorter than the other .

I am totally familiar with the stabilization camel , and allow him to drink as I see fit .

Let me know shipping . May order more if not too bad .

Wayne

robutacion

Prices, Prices?? Need wood, have wood BUT ALWAYS need more wood

Hi mate,

Prices are coming soon, don't worry.

At the moment, I have the oven full of cut Peppercorn burl to dry all the water out, since I processed the bigger chunks from the piece I brought home, they were very wet from the rain and these last few days the weather has been pretty nasty to dry anything, in fact it rained almost all day today, light constant rain.

The pieces I had already cut and shown in my last pics, still need drying and today, I processed a few more of the chunks I had cut so, I put them all in the oven and should be ok tomorrow night.

If we were in Summer here, the water in the burl would dry quick but we are in Winter mode so, everything takes much longer to air dry.

I already had some pieces dry from last week but they are a lot bigger pieces and I want to make sure, you guys get as many pieces as possible for the weight I will charge, sending them wet, you would pay the same for half of the pieces and I don't want that, I may charge a few dollars more per kilo for the electricity I'm using drying them but in the end, you will be still far ahead, in time it will dry naturally but not for some months...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Hi Wayne,

Cheers
George

3-4 inch is fine George , these are for S&P shakers , not grinders . The insert is less than 2 inches long . One set spalt and one not would be good . Don`t worry if both pieces in a pair aren`t the same length . I usually make one a bit shorter than the other .

I am totally familiar with the stabilization camel , and allow him to drink as I see fit .

Let me know shipping . May order more if not too bad .

Wayne

G'day Wayne,

This evening I cut a bunch of blanks of approx. 1" 1/2 square x 4", a few a little less but I tried to make them up in pairs from both of the burl hollowed edges and the spalted wood. They were the wettest pieces, particularly the spalted ones so, and I mention in my previous post, I have them all in the oven for and overnight and possible an old day "cooking":)

Is not easy to get pieces 1" 1/2 square x 4" with the hollowing all thought the pieces, most of the burl hollowing happen/is within 1" or so from the edge, some eyes can go deeper but they go in clusters as the bowl shown on this thread shows well, the eyes formations after a certain depth are very irregular but, you have beautiful pieces in these, you take how many you want...!

I'm expecting 1kg of dry Peppercorn burl to fill a good size box.

As for shipping, that is the simple part and goes like this. Note that Australia Post has increased the International shipping prices to;

* 500gr weight = AU$16.00 shipping only
* 750gr " = AU$20.00 " "
* 1kg " = AU$24.00 " "
* 1.25kg " = AU$28.00 " "
* 1.5kg " = AU$32.00 " "

...And so on, each 250gr increment after the firts 250gr, which cost now AU$12.00 instead of the AU$10.00 previously, it will cost approx AU$4.00 and I say approx. because the values are not ending in exact dollars but a few cents either way.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Yeah mate, I'm glad I put a smile on you...!:biggrin:

Today I cut a few more of the pen blanks casting pieces and cleaned up the bark on every piece I could that was it that first box, some it come out easy some need some "bashing" and some ain't barge so, those will be for the Aussie members that may be interested, the bark on them is not a problem then.

This doesn't mean that, if any of you want them with bark, I can send them but, I will not be responsible if Customs don't let them in into the Country, your risk.

I wanted to take some pics of the Colonial Red Gum pieces and some others but, I never had the chance today, I have a bunch of boxes that have to come out first into the open but not when is raining, no sir...!:frown:

Will see what happens tomorrow.:)

I leave you with a pic of the third box of the Peppercorn burl that I didn't show the other day and they are all from the very spalted (no holes) pen blanks I cut to dry, these will make some stunning blanks stabilized either in clear Juice or with some dyes...! These are also in the oven so that I can weight them dry and start to get things organized...!:wink:

Nearly there...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002c.JPG
    002c.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 363

1080Wayne

Guess I should get a couple pieces for pepper mills as well , seeing as how they are from a peppercorn tree , about 2 1/2 square by 8-9 inch should do . Am I correct in thinking that these are from the S American peppercorn tree , which has become a weed in Australia ?

Don`t worry about non-uniformity of the voids in the blank . Only once have I found a 1 1/2 inch plank with insect holes that very uniform throughout . I think a cylindrical object looks best when it has a variety of features around it - the thrill of the unexpected , because you can`t see the other side until you turn it around .

Wayne

Edward Cypher

George I would love a box or 2 I have bought olive wood from you in the past and it was beautiful. Would not mind some of that root burl. Be interested in the one kg size box I understand postage will be 24 AUD more or less. Thanks for this amazing opportunity.

Ed

robutacion

Guess I should get a couple pieces for pepper mills as well , seeing as how they are from a peppercorn tree , about 2 1/2 square by 8-9 inch should do . Am I correct in thinking that these are from the S American peppercorn tree , which has become a weed in Australia ?

Don`t worry about non-uniformity of the voids in the blank . Only once have I found a 1 1/2 inch plank with insect holes that very uniform throughout . I think a cylindrical object looks best when it has a variety of features around it - the thrill of the unexpected , because you can`t see the other side until you turn it around .

Wayne

Yes, you are correct Wayne.

Do you want some of these big pieces in the spalted stuff or with the holes? (possible each piece will a combination of both...!)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

George I would love a box or 2 I have bought olive wood from you in the past and it was beautiful. Would not mind some of that root burl. Be interested in the one kg size box I understand postage will be 24 AUD more or less. Thanks for this amazing opportunity.

Ed

Yes mate, that is correct.

I believe you are referring to.pen blank pieces, right?

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Wayne

Do you want some of these pig pieces in the spalted stuff or with the holes? (possible each piece will a combination of both...!)

Cheers
George

Combination would be great George , if possible .

robutacion

Wayne

Do you want some of these pig pieces in the spalted stuff or with the holes? (possible each piece will a combination of both...!)

Cheers
George

Combination would be great George , if possible .

Got 4 pairs cut and in the oven...!

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

The pic of the regular peppercorn burl pieces looks good too. This could be expensive...! I am anxious to see the red gum pieces too, along with the other types.

robutacion

The pic of the regular peppercorn burl pieces looks good too. This could be expensive...! I am anxious to see the red gum pieces too, along with the other types.

Don't worry they are coming...!

This evening I took from the oven after 24 hours drying, only the pen blanks cast pieces, they did dry faster because of all the holes and the sizes they were cut at, all other are still there + the bigger blanks for Wayne.

So, I now could work out how many pieces approx, I can put in a 1kg box and also on the 2kg box, I can gi bigger it necessary.

I have attached the pics I took, they show a 1kg box filled to limit and the same for the double size box with 2kg of these same cast blanks.

The 1 kg box I can fit between 35 and 40 pieces and on the 2kg one, about 75 to 80 pieces, they are all different and some weight more than others.

So, this is only for the Peppercorn burl cast pieces and the costs are as follow;

* 1kg box with Peppercorn burl cast pieces only, AU$30.00 + AU$24.00 shipping to overseas destinations.

* 2kg box with Peppercorn burl cast pieces only, AU$60.00 + AU$40.00

* For within Australia, the price per kilo is the same at $30.00 + freight that will be $9.00 for a 500gr Postal bag and $14.00 for a 3kg Postal bag, a 5kg postal bag will cost $19.00

Prices for the other wood species prepared as pen blanks casting trimmed pieces, I will work out very soon, some of those species are heavier so, I need to work out a price that will balance their extra weight compared to the Peppercorn and allow a similar number of pieces for the same value I have given above.

Tomorrow, I will be able to weight and box the full size pen blanks from the Peppercorn burl those with holes and those spalted no holes, I hope to be able to maintain the AU$30.00 per kilo.

Have a look at the pics and remember that, I can make a mix package with any of the wood species I will make available to you guys, that will be no problem...!

This should start to give you guys a very good idea of what it will cost...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 310

stuckinohio

That 2KG mixed box is tempting! It would be cool to have a large assortment of casting pieces (probably around 40) and then the rest filled with mixed species of burls including red gum, peppercorn, olive root burl or whatever you find interesting and surplus that you were thinking of including with this deal.

I like the looks of the peppercorn burl blanks and I have never done olive root burl or red gum, so it makes sense to me to go for the gusto and get a large box! You only live once!

stuckinohio

Spalted with no holes, I think for the peppercorn burl. Maybe a few with holes that I could cast, but sometimes I don't like the looks of the wood with holes or anything that looks like banksia pods. Kinda weird to me!

robutacion

Here we go...!

OK folks, I have most of the stuff done for you guys to pick and decided quantities.

I may add a latter stage another couple of casting tree species pieces such as the Vine, Truffle etc. but for now, this will do.

All blanks are identified with the prices included, for a mix match of pen castings pieces, you select how many pieces you want from each, as a couple of pics attached demonstrated, each bundle of 6 pen casting pieces weight between 200gr and 250gr, depending of the wood species so, the total number of pieces requested may require a slight adjustment in numbers, to keep the weights withing the 250gr increments, including the packaging stuff required.

I believe, you guys have everything you need to make your selection and order, thanks...!

Have fun...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 341
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    185.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 314
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 320
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 270
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 290
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 259
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 259
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 243
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 267
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 287

stuckinohio

George,

I'll take the following (to the U.S.):

1 KG of peppercorn burl casting pieces $30
6 pieces or 250 gr of #9 red gum casting pieces $5
6 pieces or 250 gr of #22 olive root burl casting pieces $3.75
6 pieces or 250 gr of #30 bottle brush casting pieces $5
6 pen blanks of peppercorn burl spalted $6.30?

This will be shipped to the U.S. which I think you said would be about $40 AUD, so it looks like it will be around $90 Australian. Check my math!

And as far as the casting pieces go, I like a ragged edge with peaks and valleys, so to speak . Generally, the more chewed up the edge, the more I like it.

Lewis

robutacion

Thought I had modified my post hours ago, but for some reason it didn`t stick . Add 2 1/2x 9 20 A&B and 21 A&B . My contribution to your Australia Post commitment .

Wayne

Gotcha mate, I will put all the 2 lots together and let you know correct costs, Thanks.

My Australia Post commitment is in a big risk of not being renewed after September (contract annual renewal time), they may consider that I'm too small to allow such a cash account for a discounted rate for International destinations and if that happens, I'm fried to send anything overseas.

So far, I have complied with the minimum of AU$5,000 annually for International mail/freight charges, that has been the one condition that I have made sure I would comply even if many of the orders sent, I made nothing, however, Australia Post has recently changed considerably its policies and I have heard a rumor that they are considering to abolish these old type accounts so, I'm concerned, will see.

Every parcel I send overseas will help to hopefully keep the account going...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

George,

I'll take the following (to the U.S.):

1 KG of peppercorn burl casting pieces $30
6 pieces or 250 gr of #9 red gum casting pieces $5
6 pieces or 250 gr of #22 olive root burl casting pieces $3.75
6 pieces or 250 gr of #30 bottle brush casting pieces $5
6 pen blanks of peppercorn burl spalted $6.30?

This will be shipped to the U.S. which I think you said would be about $40 AUD, so it looks like it will be around $90 Australian. Check my math!

And as far as the casting pieces go, I like a ragged edge with peaks and valleys, so to speak . Generally, the more chewed up the edge, the more I like it.

Lewis

Hi Lewis,

I just got home and saw your order so, I will get it all together and confirm costs with you.

I have took note of all your requests:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Wayne,

I have your blanks in a box and it is about half full, because the boxes sizes between this one and the one smaller one is a big difference and off-course, one is not big enough and the other is too big,

I can fill it up with paper but you may want to use this opportunity and put something else in it to make the shipping worthwhile, up to you.

As is the box weighs 4.7kg a cost of shipping of AU$75.00 you can add another 1kg for an extra AU$16.00 it will all depend on what would you want to add for me to give you the total, as you should already know how much as the blanks you ordered will cost you, huh..?:)
002.JPG003.JPG

Lewis

Pretty much the same with your order, I have to use the same size box and as you can see in the pic, is a lot of room in there so, you may want to add something else, the total box shipping cost is AU$45.00 (2.38kg) a few grams extra from the box containing the 1kg of Peppercorn burl pieces, some extra blanks thrown in + the weight of the bigger box.

Again, I can fill it with paper or, you use the opportunity to add something else...!
004.JPG

Let me know, please...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Wayne,

I have your blanks in a box and it is about half full, because the boxes sizes between this one and the one smaller one is a big difference and off-course, one is not big enough and the other is too big,

I can fill it up with paper but you may want to use this opportunity and put something else in it to make the shipping worthwhile, up to you.

As is the box weighs 4.7kg a cost of shipping of AU$75.00 you can add another 1kg for an extra AU$16.00 it will all depend on what would you want to add for me to give you the total, as you should already know how much as the blanks you ordered will cost you, huh..?:)

Might as well add 22A&B and 23 A&B . Do you have any red gum in about 1 3/8 square 3-5 inch long ?

Just looked at your website . Are the #1,2 &3 pieces of red gum burl 1 1/4 inch thick ?

Last edited:

robutacion

Wayne,

Might as well add 22A&B and 23 A&B . Do you have any red gum in about 1 3/8 square 3-5 inch long ?

Just looked at your website . Are the #1,2 &3 pieces of red gum burl 1 1/4 inch thick ?

Yeah, I though you were thinking red gum burl or Colonial/red gum root...!

Each slice has its dimensions, 1" 1/4 are most of them...!

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

I'd like to have 1 of the following (if you have anymore of the first two selections)

Australian #90z (diagonal cut) Tree of Heaven wood - PEN blanks - Sold in packs

Batch-12 - #45 Dwarf Banksia 1/4 pod cast - sold seperately - 11 availabe @ AU$6.00 each

250 gr of #26 Platypus gum burl carved by termites

Top Bottom