What is your favorite?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jennera

Rebecca and I are a bit overwhelmed with all the items George has available!

We would like to know what is your favorite wood to turn from George to help narrow our selections.

My son found some peppercorn blanks stabilized with red dye that have made the must get list. Rebecca was looking at the hairy pod blanks but isn't sure she has the patience for the extra care needed while turning them.

What are some recommendations?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
George does have a lot of fantastic blanks and you can't go wrong with any of them.

His Resifill blanks are the most striking and they are all beautiful. The Bansia Pod and the Cork Wood blanks are probably the most interesting.

He also has a lot of great natural wood blanks. His majestic olive blanks are awesome, especially the olive root blanks.

If you want something easy to turn, check out his Stabilized blanks. The Golden Wattle, Knotty Pine, Shiraz Red Vine & Peppercorn Burl are my favorites in this selection.

You might also discuss your objectives, color preferences & experience level with George and see what suggestions he might have. He has a great knack for matching up blanks to the turner.

Have fun!

Edgar

jennera

She and I sat and picked out some pretty wood blanks... Lots of them.. the shipping is costing me but she will have plenty to keep her busy and a variety to choose from. Her brother picked some too.

I will be watching for the next monthly contest and for coupons from PSI for all the pen kits she is going to need!

Thanks again George! I will post photos of the pens and let you know which blanks we got from you.

robutacion

Rebecca and I are a bit overwhelmed with all the items George has available!

We would like to know what is your favorite wood to turn from George to help narrow our selections.

My son found some peppercorn blanks stabilized with red dye that have made the must get list. Rebecca was looking at the hairy pod blanks but isn't sure she has the patience for the extra care needed while turning them.

What are some recommendations?

G'day,

Well, you guys have lots of time left to think about you will order, take some notes and used them as a guide for the final "push":biggrin:

The only thing that I will suggest is that sure, it may be a good idea to get at least one of the Banksia Hairy pod Resifill blanks while you are ordering stuff however, I would keep it alone for a little longer, Rebecca may need to get a little more confidence with her skill to tackle one of the most fiddly blanks I make.

She would be better to start with the Resifills/hybrids/cast type blanks in a wood/resin combination that are pretty much straight forwards as difficult is concern, blanks such as these these these these these well in reality all I have listed apart from the Banksia Hairy pods, the Cork wood, the Palm root and the Kurrajong, those would be something for a little later on to work on, in my view.

There is plenty to choose from so, take your time...!

PS: Ha, the dollar conversion mistake, lots of people make that mistake when they are looking at buying...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

I'm a little late to add my opinion, but I enjoy the puzzled looks when I tell people a pen is made from Australian Platypus Gum.

You're never late mate, I can imagine exactly what you are saying, its amazing of how so few know of the Australian Platypus Gum tree and if you look at its definition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus_platypus"]here[/URL] you will see that I could have called it other names that are not known/used and that people wouldn't have a clue however, as soon as you mention that is a relative of the Mallee Eucalyptus, people heard of that wood/tree species even though may not have a clue to how it looks like.

Is to me the most correct and identifying tree species name that I could have used...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Lol! I forgot to do the AUD to USD conversion. Shipping wasn't as much as I thought!

Oops, I didn't realise that when I was making my post #6 that my recommendations/suggestions were already too late as you already had put your order, sorry about that, time zone difference do that...!

From what I can see, you guys have done well, there will be some fun times ahead, I can see it...!:biggrin:

I shall get the order together ASAP...!

Thank you.

Cheers
George

jennera

Lol! I forgot to do the AUD to USD conversion. Shipping wasn't as much as I thought!

Oops, I didn't realise that when I was making my post #6 that my recommendations/suggestions were already too late as you already had put your order, sorry about that, time zone difference do that...!

From what I can see, you guys have done well, there will be some fun times ahead, I can see it...![emoji3]

I shall get the order together ASAP...!

Thank you.

Cheers
George

She had pretty much decided there were enough raw woods she wanted it would pretty much take care of the gift certificate. Her brother picked a few out too. She will be busy for quite awhile! [emoji4]

Thanks again!
Jennifer

edicehouse

She and I sat and picked out some pretty wood blanks... Lots of them.. the shipping is costing me but she will have plenty to keep her busy and a variety to choose from. Her brother picked some too.

I will be watching for the next monthly contest and for coupons from PSI for all the pen kits she is going to need!

Thanks again George! I will post photos of the pens and let you know which blanks we got from you.

I sent you a PM with a coupon code.

Top Bottom