What is it made with...???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

And the winner is...????

Hi peoples,

He got a winner, congratulations edohmann, your answer is the one I was looking after, "RATTAN"...!

For those not familiar with this material, or should I say, something that you probably have at home, not knowing its name, here is a excellent explanation of what Rattan is WWF - Rattan facts and information

Pictures of these "balls" are plenty in here

The rattan balls I used, have come from a bag like this, I used the white/smaller balls of the pack,

002.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG

Well folks, this one is all over, thank you to all participants, it always get amazed at the imagination of some of you and the answers given, all in good fun, off-course...!:wink::biggrin:

Once again, thank you...!

PS: Winner will be contacted for details...!

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I was blown away when I got a PM from George telling me that I had won this contest. His 3rd clue made me think of rattan - I'm familiar with it as a material for furniture but not as craft material in the form he described. Even after searching for rattan craft material, I pretty much came up empty, but I decided to take a stab at it anyway. My wife and I both spend a lot of time in Michael's & Hobby Lobby stores but neither of us has ever seen anything like these rattan balls - must not be heavily marketed here in the USA.

Thanks for these contests, George. They are a lot of fun and I always learn a lot whether I make a guess or just lurk in the shadows. I'll do my best to make a pen that's worthy of your efforts in casting the blank as well as running the contest.

Ed

robutacion

I was blown away when I got a PM from George telling me that I had won this contest. His 3rd clue made me think of rattan - I'm familiar with it as a material for furniture but not as craft material in the form he described. Even after searching for rattan craft material, I pretty much came up empty, but I decided to take a stab at it anyway. My wife and I both spend a lot of time in Michael's & Hobby Lobby stores but neither of us has ever seen anything like these rattan balls - must not be heavily marketed here in the USA.

Thanks for these contests, George. They are a lot of fun and I always learn a lot whether I make a guess or just lurk in the shadows. I'll do my best to make a pen that's worthy of your efforts in casting the blank as well as running the contest.

Ed

You are most welcome Ed...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom