What is the heck is this made with, again...???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

OK, I am off the Rat Barf kick. But I am SOOOO Hungry after viewing the B-B-Q.:tongue: I just gotta have some of that. I've got to go catch dinner.:eek::eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

I thought desiccant also, but desiccant doesnt preserve moisture, it removes it. We use it at work to keep the moisture out of munitions containers.

Oh well, maybe next time, Thanks Bud these are fun.

robutacion

I thought desiccant also, but desiccant doesnt preserve moisture, it removes it. We use it at work to keep the moisture out of munitions containers.

Oh well, maybe next time, Thanks Bud these are fun.

Hi Mike,

Yes, you are correct, and that is exactly what this stuff does, prevent moisture concentration. If you look at the link of the other item I made with it where I show pics of the bag and what it came with from Turkey, you will see what is about...!

I don't know what made you confused, but this stuff eats moisture...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Mike Powell

First because you dont know me from Adam, let me say this is not a complaint. I think it is awesome that you do these games. Here is why I was confused.

You said nothing soaks in - Deseccant absorbs the moisture. to me, soaks in absorbs, is the same thing.

You also said it is made to preserve moisture, and to preserve to me, means to save or keep. like fresh strawberry preserves.

These are all my misunderstandings, again please dont think Im complaining.

I cant wait for the next one to give it another shot. Im still trying to figure out how you guys can name woods and colors that are in the acrylics like ya'll do.

Nope, folks none of those however, the "Perlite" looks the most identical but, it could not be, why...?

*- You can mix it with water.
*- it is made to preserve the moisture.

This stuff I used, nothing soaks in and works exactly the opposite way as Perlite well, that is the reason why it was invented...!

Those that take notice of my passed threads, are in with a good chance...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Cmiles1985

I can see the source for confusion, but I think the post you quoted as preserving moisture was defining the Perlite and contrasting that with desiccant.

Mike Powell

Thats a good possibility. Im just an Ammo troop and I only need to know that yellow is bad and blue is good. I dont always read stuff the way it was intended. Like I said I cant wait for the next one to try again. These are fun.

robutacion

First because you dont know me from Adam, let me say this is not a complaint. I think it is awesome that you do these games. Here is why I was confused.

You said nothing soaks in - Deseccant absorbs the moisture. to me, soaks in absorbs, is the same thing.

You also said it is made to preserve moisture, and to preserve to me, means to save or keep. like fresh strawberry preserves.

These are all my misunderstandings, again please dont think Im complaining.

I cant wait for the next one to give it another shot. Im still trying to figure out how you guys can name woods and colors that are in the acrylics like ya'll do.

Nope, folks none of those however, the "Perlite" looks the most identical but, it could not be, why...?

*- You can mix it with water.
*- it is made to preserve the moisture.

This stuff I used, nothing soaks in and works exactly the opposite way as Perlite well, that is the reason why it was invented...!

Those that take notice of my passed threads, are in with a good chance...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Mike,

Not knowing you from Adam, (here in the land of Oz we say "don't know you from a bar of soap...!"), has nothing to do with nothing, I don't really know half of the folks that participated in these questions games of mine, and that doesn't change the fact that, the person that gives me the answer that I'm expecting, is the one that gets the price, regardless of who they are, and or, if I know them or not, totally irrelevant to me...!:wink:

As for getting confused, join to the team, I get confused all the time and is only getting worth as the years go by, no big deal mate, really...!:biggrin:

Will be always the "next time", I try to make these simply, clean fun, nothing more...!

Identifying woods and colours on blanks made with wood, other materials and resins, is not as difficult as it seems, particularly for some of us that have spend a "few" years doing them, is always some blanks made by others that can not be always easy to identify all the components used but, we are never that far...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom