Welcome to my vendors forum space...! - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > George's Bits of Timber
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Thumbs up Welcome to my vendors forum space...!

Hi everyone,

The name of this forum, here on IAP is the same as my eBay store name, found here.

I'm yet uncertain on how to use this new forum correctly, and what I will be doing with it so, it will be an experimental exercise for me therefore, bare with me...!

Not being a business but, simply a pensioner hobbyist with a passion for woods, I use that passion to keep me motivated and from "rusting off" like an old bike, share (I turn a lot of it myself) my wood-stock processed in all sorts of sizes and shapes and make a little money to cover the work-shop/processing costs and a little pocket money to help out my low pension income.

Those fortunate to live nearby by or visiting from interstate (happen often), have enjoyed and named very appropriately, as the "lolly-shop".
The "lolly-shop" is no more than a made up (non-structural, as I rent) "shed" where, I store all my processed blanks in an organised way so that I can find them when I need them. This has proven handy when a visitor wants to have a look, and pick their own blanks, I love the way their eyes wonder all around, you know the feeling, huh...???

I like to make all sorts of blanks, including my Resifills that, as the name indicate are resin-filled blanks. I like to try all sorts of materials to incorporate in my castings attempts and make them affordable to everyone.

I also have been doing Stabilization/Stabilisation since June 2012, using the Cactus Juice from our own IAP member and moderator, Curtis from Turntex Wood works, he may be wondering if I drink this stuff, from the number of gallons that I imported so far...!

I have lots of new blanks samples to show you, some interesting materials that I used on some of those samples, and lots of other stuff that I may feel a little more free to share with you without upsetting some members and mods...!

You can discuss whatever you want with me here, in this forum so, don't be shy...!

See you around...!

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/

Last edited by robutacion; 10-05-2013 at 07:09 PM.
robutacion is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 16

George has his own home in cyber space .... now watch the "Lolly Shop" grow and expand with all the things you can show us all.

Looking forward to all the informative and fun threads that will no doubt start to appear here soon.

Bruce
Gofer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofer View Post
George has his own home in cyber space .... now watch the "Lolly Shop" grow and expand with all the things you can show us all.

Looking forward to all the informative and fun threads that will no doubt start to appear here soon.

Bruce

Thanks, old mate, I will try to keep it "interesting"...!

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads