Thank you, George!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

I was a lucky second place finisher in the Shop Life Photo contest with my Utopia entry: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f261/voting-poll-shop-life-photo-contest-119828/#post1635767

George generously provided a $50 gift certificate as part of the second place prize. Thank you, George! We exchanged a few messages, and George suggested that I take advantage of his "Surprise Package" option. That's mostly because I suffered from decisional paralysis. So, I added a few funds of my own and now I'm eagerly awaiting my surprise.

I'm not the only one! The boys in the shop, who you might recognize from my entry in the No Rules Photo Contest http://www.penturners.org/forum/f261/voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-119836/#post1635847 are ready, too!

ReadyCrew.jpg

But wait, what's going on in the lower left cubbies?

Hey, they had the good sense to make some space!

Reservations.jpg

Thanks again, George!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

What is wrong with organizing blanks? I do it...I make sure all my blanks are in the shop, except those which are not. Easy

What I see in this photo is not real, and will never be real, although it is very nicely done.

robutacion

I was a lucky second place finisher in the Shop Life Photo contest with my Utopia entry: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f261/voting-poll-shop-life-photo-contest-119828/#post1635767

George generously provided a $50 gift certificate as part of the second place prize. Thank you, George! We exchanged a few messages, and George suggested that I take advantage of his "Surprise Package" option. That's mostly because I suffered from decisional paralysis. So, I added a few funds of my own and now I'm eagerly awaiting my surprise.

I'm not the only one! The boys in the shop, who you might recognize from my entry in the No Rules Photo Contest http://www.penturners.org/forum/f261/voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-119836/#post1635847 are ready, too!

View attachment 112133

But wait, what's going on in the lower left cubbies?

Hey, they had the good sense to make some space!

View attachment 112134

Thanks again, George!

Oh my god...!!!:eek:

Do I have to fill those 4 reserved shelve spaces, at 25 blanks each...??? I got get a bigger box...!:wink:

I'm putting your box together today to ship tomorrow, as today is a public holiday here.

I'm glad he had this holiday, not that makes public holidays make any difference to me anymore but because, unexpectedly last Thursday and Friday, were lost days by being on the road in on waiting clinic rooms to get some testes done, and bugger me, they had to send me on opposite directions each day with a traffic that stresses the living life out of me, 3 hours to reach a destination 60km away, is just madness, mostly due to road works, everywhere...!:redface:

Anyway, all my plans for work-shop time in those 2 days, went out the doors, I was just to bugged when I got home, to do anything so, the amount of stuff I had to do before the Post Office opens, would be too much without that extra day that turnout to be a very hot day, as yesterday was...!:mad:

Its still morning on this Monday the 10/3/14 so, I will finish the computer work by lunch time and then, I will get stuck into getting everything ready for tomorrow morning post, so my friend, better count about 10 to 15 days before the surprise box "(SP) treatment" gets to fill those spaces in your shelve...!

No, no, I'm not forgetting the Platypus Gum and the Cootamundra Wattle...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Brian G

I'm not worried, George. As you can tell, I have enough blanks to keep me busy for a while. :biggrin: Just because each cubby holds 25 blanks @ 19 mm x 19 mm, doesn't mean I'm expecting 100 blanks :wink:.

I just like saying "Platypus gum" and "Cootamundra Wattle." :biggrin:

As far as organization, well, it's not THAT organized. Some of the blanks are mystery wood, so I couldn't put them in alphabetically like the rest. :redface:

Cheers,
Brian

Brian G

Hi George!

My SP box arrived today! What an awesome assortment. :biggrin: I've unpackaged everything and put them in the dry, but cool garage so that they air out a bit.

I'll take some pictures to share later this week.

Thank you again. :)

robutacion

Hi George!

My SP box arrived today! What an awesome assortment. :biggrin: I've unpackaged everything and put them in the dry, but cool garage so that they air out a bit.

I'll take some pictures to share later this week.

Thank you again. :)

G'day Brian,

Thank you for letting me know of the SP "surprise package" box arrival, I'm glad it all arrived sound and safe...!:biggrin:

I look forwards to see those pics and I reckon, you ain't going to have much room left from those 4 "reserved" pidgeon holes in you storage shelve, that is going to be interesting to see...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

stonepecker

I am going to have to get over to Brian's shop and mess it up for him.
Maybe I can get some ideas for my own.

So how about a picture of the SP you recieved. As you should know, without pictures, it didn't happen.

Have a happy snow day tomorrow.

Brian G

So I'm a little slow, I've been busy! :redface:

Here's what George's put in the SP, some from his generous $50 prize donation and some from additional funds I added to the order.

GeorgeWood.jpg

George can correct me if I'm wrong on any of these: :)

Top Row: 100% and 25% Illuminous; (Help!); Cypress Pods; Banksia Pods; Truffle Pack; Banksia Pod Resifill; Resifill Pack; Red Gum Burl Resifills; Black Wattle

Middle Row: Stabilized Cigarwood; Golden Wattle; Wild Olive; Majestic Olive; Old Olive Root; Platypus Gum Diagonal cut; Platypus Gum Crosscut; Platypus Gum Burl; Stabilized Lucern Tree; Stabilized Bottlebrush; Stabilized Tortuosa Willow burl

Bottom Row: Cootamundra Wattle; Cootamundra Wattle diagonal cut; vine Shiraz; Apricot crotch; Silky Oak; stabilized and spalted Sugar Gum; stablized and spalted and dyed Sugar Gum; stabilized and dyed Coral Tree; stablized Prune Tree; stabiized MacIntosh Apple

I had to steal space and rearrange some others in order to fit them in the cubbies!

Stored.jpg

Proof it happened! :biggrin:

robutacion

So I'm a little slow, I've been busy! :redface:

Here's what George's put in the SP, some from his generous $50 prize donation and some from additional funds I added to the order.

View attachment 114865

George can correct me if I'm wrong on any of these: :)

Top Row: 100% and 25% Illuminous; (Help!); Cypress Pods; Banksia Pods; Truffle Pack; Banksia Pod Resifill; Resifill Pack; Red Gum Burl Resifills; Black Wattle

Middle Row: Stabilized Cigarwood; Golden Wattle; Wild Olive; Majestic Olive; Old Olive Root; Platypus Gum Diagonal cut; Platypus Gum Crosscut; Platypus Gum Burl; Stabilized Lucern Tree; Stabilized Bottlebrush; Stabilized Tortuosa Willow burl

Bottom Row: Cootamundra Wattle; Cootamundra Wattle diagonal cut; vine Shiraz; Apricot crotch; Silky Oak; stabilized and spalted Sugar Gum; stablized and spalted and dyed Sugar Gum; stabilized and dyed Coral Tree; stablized Prune Tree; stabiized MacIntosh Apple

I had to steal space and rearrange some others in order to fit them in the cubbies!

View attachment 114866

Proof it happened! :biggrin:

Hi Brian,

Hahahah mate, you are spot on, every blank should be identified those numbers on the end-grain and the timbers list you all you need, apart from those blanks that have their identification written in one of its faces.

I'm so sorry that I made you lose precious space on those shelves you made, my blanks are little thicker than most and you lost 1 raw on each cubicle.

Well, I hope you found you made a worthy investment, including whatever you got from the voucher, you've got some great blanks in there so, you are not going to run out of blanks, in a hurry, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Next comes the hard part, make the pens from them, I look forwards to start seeing some, soon...!

Thanks mate...!

Cheers
George

stonepecker

And now I got even more reason to get over to Brian's shop.
Besides seeing what came from George.........I want to see what and organized shop looks like.

Mine is a mess.......looking for ideas. But I know I will never be as neat as that photo shows.

Top Bottom