Should be called the Rainbow tree but, is not...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I was reading a thread here requesting a particular type of wood blank, for a customer and high costs could be a problem so, I have shown these 004.JPG 050.JPG @ AU$1.50 each, as an alternative.

Now, if you know what they are, please do not say it here, as I have an offer to the person looking for some blanks that, if the wood is named correctly by Adillo303 (only), 4 of them will be sent totally free of any charges so, if you know what they are, wait until my offer is taken or cancelled.

I can talk a little more about it, then...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Australian Cootamundra

Would be my guess.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Andy

Well, your guess is correct, is indeed the Australian Cootamundra Wattle, congratulations...!

I tried to make it easy and use sope pics that I have listed on my eBay store so, I guess, you done some searching and you found it so, the promised prize is yours.

Send me a PM with your contact details and 4 of these blanks will be departure with you name on them, immediately...!:wink::biggrin:

Thank you for "playing", most appreciated...!

Cheers
George

Adillo303

Thank you for your kind offer.

I cannot, however claim the prize for ethical reasons.

I could tell that it was a fast growing tree and nothing I had ever seen before. I did right click the picture and the drop down did offer a google picture search, which indeed took me to your ebay listing.

I cannot claim the prize for something that I really did not know.

I do thank you for the offer, it is really generous of you. Considering that lots of folk up here have not seen the wood, I am sure that the pens would sell.

Thank You again

Andy

robutacion

Thank you for your kind offer.

I cannot, however claim the prize for ethical reasons.

I could tell that it was a fast growing tree and nothing I had ever seen before. I did right click the picture and the drop down did offer a google picture search, which indeed took me to your ebay listing.

I cannot claim the prize for something that I really did not know.

I do thank you for the offer, it is really generous of you. Considering that lots of folk up here have not seen the wood, I am sure that the pens would sell.

Thank You again

Andy

Hi Andy,

You should not do that, I knew that only a search would provide results, I just wasn't sure if you would do it or not. You originated the issue and I'm more than happy to send you 4 of these for you to make a nice pen for this lady, as she mentioned all colours that these have and more.

You are entitle to say no to the prize, particularly if you don't need any extra blanks but that wasn't the impression I had from your original thread.

Anyway, is all up to you, if you want them, simple send me your contact details by PM as previously requested...!

No problem...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Oh my god, I could hear those voices on the background saying, "I take them, I take them...!" hahahahaha:eek::smile-big::smile-big:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Adillo303

Thank you George,

I just sent you my addy in a PM.

As long as you are OK with things I would love to have them.

You are correct, one never has enough blanks. I make cutting boards of various exotic woods. The last hing I do before sanding is to take a squaring cut off either end. If I make the boards a bit long, I get some great segmented pen blanks and a great story to tell customers.

As for doing a search, I am a 55+ year computer techie trying to semi retire by keeping the good customers and backing off a bit while I do the wood work, that I have come to enjoy. IN fact it is taking over my heart and mind.

Thank you very much.

Andy

robutacion

Thank you George,

I just sent you my addy in a PM.

As long as you are OK with things I would love to have them.

You are correct, one never has enough blanks. I make cutting boards of various exotic woods. The last hing I do before sanding is to take a squaring cut off either end. If I make the boards a bit long, I get some great segmented pen blanks and a great story to tell customers.

As for doing a search, I am a 55+ year computer techie trying to semi retire by keeping the good customers and backing off a bit while I do the wood work, that I have come to enjoy. IN fact it is taking over my heart and mind.

Thank you very much.

Andy

Andy,

We are the same age however, I don't feel a day older than 99 and I know well how much the woodwork can affect you in the good way, I run sawdust in my veins so, I should know...!

Sure, we certainly can't ever have too much wood, (it may be not so easy to convince some people, though...!:)) so, I will get your little parcel posted ASAP...!

Cootamundra Wattle is a very Aussie thing, so much so that even has its own song, by one of our most Aussie singers here

and if you want to have a laugh, this will do...! here

It ain't get any more Aussie than that...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom