Scarlet Kunzea shrub, unbelievable colour variations...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Today I will be talking about another wood species that rarely grows into a tree but, in certain areas of Australia some are seen that can reach 10 to 12 meters tall.

These species are normally shrubs known for the great colours they produce in gardens and around houses, etc.

This was only one bush that has died a couple of years ago, the owner, a town resident, was very attached to this bush, she had it for many years and created a nice shaded spot in Summer that she frequented often to seat under, the smell of the flowers is just most pleasant.

In fact, it could have been cut last year but, there was a hope that the shrub would shoot again but, that never happened, it had to come down as the branches were now very hard and spiky when walking around it.

They use firewood in Winter so, the husband was going to cut it to burn but, the whole thing didn't have much wood, lots of small branches, typical of shrubs however, they knew that we would use any size woods for our hobby and the husband was not that keen to cut it and clean the place out so, she asked Merissa if I wanted to have a look, and that we could have it if the wanted it.

So, a couple of days later, I went to have a look but already armed with a chainsaw and the trailer behind the wagon. It didn't take long for me to have it all cut in about 12 or so inches long pieces, the widest about 4 to 5" and the rest about 2 to 3 inches.

Anyway, the wood I was going to use, went first in the trailer and all the "rubbish" was loaded on the top, a couple of ropes and the job was done.

She asked me if I would make 2 pens, one for her and another one for the husband, the one that planted that thrub, when they first moved to town and they built their own house out of mud bricks and Jarra, a beautiful and strong house, about 28 years ago then, and this was only last year...!

It had dead wood, some spalted and some pieces that were still green considering that the thrub was dead. When I got home and started processing the wood, I couldn't believe the extreme colours I was seeing in a small diameter log, I didn't take any pics then but, I took some yesterday when I had the blanks ready to wrap into 4 blanks packs.

I put all the blanks I had (41 packs of 4 blanks) in the working bench in the lolly-shop and took a few pics to try to demonstrated the amazing array of colours...!

These are ready to list in my new web-store, if not tonight, I will get them is tomorrow, or so...!

What do you think of these colours...???

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 292
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 252
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 241
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 255
  • 045.JPG
    045.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

drise

George

I really like the color variation on these blanks. Was wondering if you had a chance to list them on you web-store yet?

Thanks

Dave

robutacion

George

I really like the color variation on these blanks. Was wondering if you had a chance to list them on you web-store yet?

Thanks

Dave

G'day Dave,

Thanks for reminding me, this was another one of the new listings that I do everything but actually, create the listing.

The blanks are now listed and available for ordering...!

I should have about 120 to 150 listings that need to be done but, I got such a bad experience with listing stuff on ebay using the useless TurboLister2 software suggested by eBay that, I just literally hate creating listings, even though, the Shopify software is a lot better to use but not without its flaws, as I have had a few listings that at the very end and after writing all the story and everything else, I press some wrong key on the keyboard (still not know which one) and everything is wiped out...!:mad:

Anyway, one less to do...!

Enjoy Australian #78st Scarlet Kunzea shrub -PEN blanks raw- sold in packs – George's Bits of Timber

Cheers
George

Top Bottom