SALE - Old Willow blanks, with a difference -2...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Peoples..!

What I have here today are, the last blanks from an old Willow log that I found some years back. A single log found (well, the only one I could see...!) among a pile of firewood from someone I cut a tree for, then...!

The wood fibers of this log were strange and interesting, the log was half decomposed but much of spalting, as we know it instead, the collapsed wood fibers had become a good possibility to created something special with them.

At that time, I never had the stabilization equipment so, I manually created a few samples of finishes that I knew possible and suitable for this type of wood, I created an add on IAP on the 10/10/2010 but, I had to close it down a few weeks later, here

They had become one of blanks batches that are put in a box and stored away for a long time until I see them and decided to bring them back from the dead, sort of speak, off-course...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Here they are now, stabilized with the Cactus Juice and double dyed, first red and then dark blue.

I made a sample out of one to see how it turned out, it now allows the blank to be turned as a normal blank, when before, they were very fragile to handle, even though, the finish is very comparable to what I achieved in the 3 samples I made in this old add, the major difference is that, that finish was only done when the blanks was turned into a finish barrel size but getting there with such fragile blanks, wasn't an easy task when now, they are stabilized and therefore, hardened to allow "normal" handling techniques...!

They are AU$3.50 each and the good news is that, they still a lot lighter in weight than many other blanks so, more blanks will fit in any of the pre-set package total weights. I can fit approx. 7 blanks in a 250gr. padded envelope for AU$9.00

I have 45 blanks, including the sample, this mean a division of 6 lots/250gr. packages of 7 blanks each.

So, each lot (7 blanks) posted to anywhere in the world, will cost a total of AU$33.50

Paypal for all payments, thanks...!

Please, to order post here on send me a PM, I will provided payment info by PM to you...!

PS: To allow me to fit 7 blanks in a 250gr. padded envelop, the blanks will have to be turned to remove any excess dry Juice, seen in the pic with the container holding all blanks, they have already had the square corners removed before they were stabilized so, they will be presented, slightly rounded at approx. 17 to 20mm diameter...!

Thank you...!

Note: These blanks are now ready for shipping, they were rounded and wiped with some varnish in a rag, they look better/cleaner now...!

001w.JPG

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 390
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 003w.JPG
    003w.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I would love a box, PM sent.

Thanks for the order...!

PM on its way...!

Cheers
George

By any chance George, do you have a tracking number for this?

G'day Clark,

Humm...! that doesn't sound good mate...!:eek:

There is no such thing as a track # for the economical shipping option, and it has been working really well for 1 year, reason what I keep offering as the cheapest option possible, for $9 for 250gr. you couldn't expect a great deal of support from Australia Post however, and as I said, I have sent literally hundreds of parcels of all sizes in this option, and only 1 (one) so far was claimed as never received, also to the USA.

According to my notes here, your Paypal payment is crossed as "done and dated the 6/4/2014, that about 23 days when it should not take any more than 2 weeks, many are received within 1 (one) week and that is as good as the most expensive option delivery time (Express Post International).

So, is obvious that something is not right, lets wait a few more days (lets complete the 30 days) and it doesn't arrive, I refund you for the total amount you paid, I can't send another lot as I have none left, sorry...!

Let me know...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

I'll be keeping an eye out. I know it's nothing bad on you George. What got me to thinking about it was cutting one of the Amboyna Burl blanks last night that I ordered from you about a week after the Willow (the Amboyna blanks have already been staring at me since last week waiting for me to pair them with the right components). I'll let you know if they arrive before 6/5/14. I figured they may have been held up in customs...

robutacion

I'll be keeping an eye out. I know it's nothing bad on you George. What got me to thinking about it was cutting one of the Amboyna Burl blanks last night that I ordered from you about a week after the Willow (the Amboyna blanks have already been staring at me since last week waiting for me to pair them with the right components). I'll let you know if they arrive before 6/5/14. I figured they may have been held up in customs...

Thanks for the understanding however, I always worry for every single parcel I sent, reason what I ask people to let me know as soon as the parcels arrive.

Yes, you are correct, I have sent you blanks after the missing lot and you told me they had arrived, and a lot faster that expected but, this speed has been matched many time before under the same economic option and while it pleases me to know it took a lot less than normal, I would be happy that that all would turn out within the 2 weeks period however, I have been waiting for some parcels to go missing or delayed, rarely but, I have had a few returned to me in the past so, is not a question of "if" but rather "when", that is only inevitable among so many parcels...!

Like I said, it may not make any difference but, I like to extend the waiting times to the 4 weeks from when posted, after that, all hopes of arriving become very close to 0%, will see...!

I wonder if all the other members that order the same blanks at the same time, if they have all received them, I heard nothing appart from yours so, I assume they all got their blanks...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

They made it! Thanks George!

Well, that's good to know...!

And so that everyone knows, this parcel went all the way from South Australia to Canada and to the other side of the road to where Clark lives, :eek::eek: yes..., just on the other side of the street and was returned because , no one in that address had that name or knew who that person was.

I made a mistake with the house number on that address, the correct numbers ends in 6 and I had a 5 (or was it the other way around..???:confused:) anyway, the postman delivering that street could work out that I had the correct name and street but one number out so, it was sent beck to me, which makes me wonder who paid to have it sent back, as that economic shipping could not possibly cover "return shipping" so, I wonder.

So I got the parcel back, very close to 5 weeks from when it was posted from me so, I re-pack and re-address the new envelope (the old one was too full of stickers and stuff), and re-post it again, this time with the correct house number...!:)

What can I say...???:bulgy-eyes:

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom