Recycle or madness...???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

No, no, no, none of that...!

This "thing" starts as a liquid form, it can be used with a number of "ingredients", one is most crucial the others are optional...!

Hahahah...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

George,
Some form of styrofoam or styrene. With dye in it.
I have never ordered anything from Australia so please save me some blanks to send this way.
Do not really know how to order them. But our friend Jeff got me to open a Paypal account so I could pay the IAP for a really nice mug so I can pay that way if that works for you. Thank you for your most interesting posts.
Tom

Ambidex

George...I have no freaking idea after following this thread from the inception...do I win anything for honesty?:biggrin:..and don't take this personnaly but your clues BITE!:tongue::tongue:

robutacion

Oh... so close nascrdad...!:wink:

Well, I'm nearly ready to wrap up this thread but, before I do so, I want to show you the other 4 colours I used on pretty most all of the "blue stuff" I could used so, here they are...!

6 colours, some have 6 blanks some have 7, including the turned samples so, which one you like the most...??? The first 2 colours are on the opening thread post...!

Enjoy...!

047.JPG 002.JPG

048.JPG 011.JPG

052.JPG 053.JPG

007.JPG 057.JPG

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

We got winner...!

Well peoples, I think that is time to wrap up this question game and divulge what the mysterious "dark blue stuff" is, something that I doubted anyone would think of, but nascrdad was the one to get the closest so, I award the prize to him, congratulations mate...!

Now, for the secret material cast with the Polyester resin....! drum rolls.......!!!:eek::biggrin: Cactus Juice mixed with large amounts of Alumilite blue dye that, the few hots days of 44°C that made the small drying wood shed reach 50°C ++ and some how turn a full gallon of mixed Juice to rock solid, almost melting the plastic bottle, in the process...!

Strange that, next to it was a gallon drum half full of juice mixed with the red dye, and it was as liquid as, and still is. I wasn't expecting the Juice to dry like that, and according to Curtis, this is not what happens when the juice get too old, either way, was what I found inside of that gallon container when I sliced it on the bandsaw.

I wasn't expecting a "Swiss cheese" type material, the "openings" on it, gave the the idea to cut it into pen blanks and then cast them with the various Polyester resin colours...!

Who in heck would thing in salvage that stuff..??? Well, when I worked out that I had just lost about $120.00, I wasn't just going to throw it away, huh...???

They are cheap because, I'm happy to recover the $120.00 lost in Juice and dye and the polyester resin, Pearlex powders and other small consumables to make them "usable".

Sure, they are different, that is just a bonus as I see it...!

So, once again, thank you to everyone that had a got of it, most appreciated...!:wink::biggrin:

Attached are some pics of the dry Cactus dyed Juice)

PS: nascrdad, I will allow you to pic 2 colours, one blank each of the samples, please advise which ones...!

My next post, will be a SALE offer for any remaining blanks of this particular batch, when gone, that's it, I hope I never have any more Juice that goes hard on me, I need it liquid and not solid...!:wink:

Thank you,

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 202

The Penguin

I swear I typed in "cactus juice with blue dye" as an answer, and it's not in the thread any more.

maybe I had some drinks that night.

:tongue:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The before and after pictures are amazing... How you turned that heat-induced mess into something beautiful is ... WOW!

nascrdad

Thanks George. These are as fun as they are informative. I knew it was hot down there ( we has a visit from a Rep in Melbourne), but i didn't think it was hot enough to cook the "Juice". Stay cool

robutacion

Dry Cactus Juice dyed blue Resifill pen blanks, valious colours...!

OK peoples, here we are for the sales of these one-off (well, I hope) blanks I made with one gallon of dyed blue Juice that didn't survive the week we had of very hot temperatures.

So, this is opportunity to grab a few to experiment, they are not your normal acrylic pen blank but that I will explain in details a little later...!

There are 6 colours in total and, they are priced at AU$5.00 each + shipping, I would appreciated if you don't choose multiple blanks of the same colour, I would like to think that everyone will have a chance to turn at least one, of the colours of their preference so, share around...!

Payments are made through Paypal...!

As advised in one of my previous posts, these blanks are too heavy to fit more than 3 in a 250gr. padded envelop so, the next size up is 500gr. and the prices are as below;

*- 3 x blanks in a 250gr. padded envelop @ AU$24.00 including shipping,
anywhere in the world.

*- 7 x blanks is a 500gr. padded envelop/box @ AU$44.00 including shipping anywhere in the world.

The 2 blanks (samples) won by nascrdad have already been posted so, all the blanks shown at the time of this post, are all available. Please be aware that, a couple of blanks are slightly smaller in size...!

Colour-A.JPG Colour-B.JPG Colour C.JPG Colour-D.JPG Colour-E.JPG Colour-F.JPG

Please, to order select the colour number and then the blank number, order through here or by PM, I will then send you a PM with all necessary information...!

Have fun...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

A7, B3, C2, D6, E7, F7

Thanks

G'day Mark,

Sorry mate but, blank "C2" is no longer available, Gofer got it first...!

I will be updating the pics very shortly so that, you can see what is still available.

In the case where the 7 blank parcel size (500gr) was selected, to achieve the 7 blanks limit, you have to select 2 blanks from the same colour, that is inevitable...!

Let me know...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi peoples,

So that you know, the only blanks available at this point are;

A4 - B4 - B5 - E1 - F3

Anyone that wants to clean them out (5 blanks) will pay $25.00+$12.00(shipping)=$AU$37.00 and I will throw 2 high grade Olive wood blanks at no extra charge, to complete the weight limit of the parcel...!

Another thing is, everyone that ordered these blanks, will have them posted tomorrow morning my time (Monday the 24/2/2014)...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom