PNG Rosewood burl pen blanks, expressions of interest...! Now on sale inside.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I'm cutting a 13.5kg of PNG Rosewood Burl, also know as Amboyna or Narra, all into pen blanks (already done).

I need a couple for myself but only a hand full, the rest will put on sale in packs of 4 blanks on my eBay store. I will have different grades but not many so, I'm giving you the courtesy of letting you know, there will be some on my eBay store, soon...!

I have a couple of private orders/requests (the main reason why I sourced this burl) to process, before any blanks will be listed so, if any of you has ordered something from me very recently, and would like to have some included in the order, you better contact me and let me know.

No orders will be posted before Tuesday 11/03/2014 as Monday is a public holiday here...!

I "may" be able to source some more bur(s) from my source but, there are no guarantees...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Will keep a look out.

Any ideas on pricing?

Cheers

Don't worry, I will be gentle...!

There will be 3 grades, unless something makes me change my plans, grade #1 will be AU$28.00 for 4 blanks packs, grade#2 @ AU$12.00 for a pack of 4 blanks and finally grade #3 @ AU$6.00 for a pack of 4 blanks...!

Happy now...???

Cheers
George

robutacion

PNG Rosewood burl and wood blanks sale...!

OK peoples, here are some of the packs I put together of the 3 grades. I was going to list them all on my ebay store and ask you guys to order from there but, I realise that it wouldn't work, 2 people ordering the same pack at the same time, one on IAP and the other through eBay, which one gets is...???

Even if the IAP member contacted me before the other fellow on eBay actually purchased it and paid on the spot an hour or so later, is no way for me to be seated here 24 hours a day and wait for someone to contact me to order a pack that is listed on eBay and me receiving that message and immediately go on my eBay store and remove that pic of the listing, all done manually, its just not possible and I realised that.

I may have tried to not double list stuff and simplify my work but, is just no other way around it so, and to keep everyone happy, I' listing here every second pack I put together of the 3 grades. They are what they are, and were not preselected for this purpose, that reality has only come to me when I started to created the listing for eBay so, I stopped it, gave it another thought and decided what would be the best to do, that is exactly what I'm doing now...!:wink::biggrin:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So here we go...!

Each pack fits in a 250gr. padded envelope, regardless of grade.

Shipping costs anywhere in the world are as follow:

-* 250gr. @ AU$9.00 (1 pack capacity)

-* 500gr. @ AU$12.00 (2 packs capacity)

-* 750gr. @ AU$16.00 (3 packs capacity)

-* 1kg. @ $21.00 (4 packs capacity)

GRADE-1 (All Burl) Packs of 4 blanks @ AU$28.00 per pack

Grade-1 pack 2.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 4.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 6.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 8.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 10.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 12.JPG
Grade-1 Pack 14.JPG

GRADE-2 (some Burl) Packs of 4 blanks @ AU$12.00 per pack

Grade-2 Pack 16.JPG
Grade-2 Pack 18.JPG
Grade-2 Pack 20.JPG
Grade-2 pack 22.JPG

GRADE-3 (all wood) Packs of 4 blanks @ AU$6.00

Wood only pack 24.JPG
Wood only Pack 26.JPG
Wood only Pack 28.JPG
Wood only Pack 30.JPG
Wood only Pack 32.JPG
Wood only Pack 34.JPG

Payments are made through Paypal only...!

Please, make your order here, or by PM, I will then send all the information for payment...!

All blanks listed on IAP are already discounted compared with the eBay prices...!

If you decide to purchase any packs from my eBay store, you will have to follow the normal eBay process and the price listed is fixed...!

Thank you...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Amboyna burl "jumbo" blanks (1"x1"x6") sale...!

Hi peoples,

This is part of a new lot of Amboyna Burl I received a few days ago, as expected. I was promised a higher quality burl and I got it, the 30 blanks on offer were all processed from a "slice" that was cut for the purpose of display so, it had been sanded and coated with some thin oil to show all its beauty.

It served its purpose and now was time to make it more usable and I had just the right idea for it there is, use its 1" + thickness to make jumbo/magnum blanks, that are used in some of the pen kits available and that some people would like to make but, can't find quality blanks to do them with so, is their opportunity...!:wink:

*-They are all cut at 1" square x 6" long and all faces/sides waxed

*-These are sold individually @ AU$13.00 each

*- Each blank weight between 62gr. and 72gr. so, I can guarantee 3 jumbo blanks in a small 250gr. parcel for AU$9.00 anywhere in the world, if blanks selected are of the lighter weight, I will add 1 (one) half blank/short of the high grade Amboyna but, of the 21mm square blanks, at no extra cost...!

*- I may be able to fit 7 of these jumbo blanks in a 500gr. parcel for AU$12.00, anywhere in the world.

Please, select your blanks numbers and post here or PM me, I honor either one but, I can only update the thread so fast, and that sometimes may not be fast enough for others know what is still available. If that happens, don't stress, I will sort something out...!

Paypal for all payments, thanks...!

Here we go;

501 to 510.JPG

511 to 520.JPG

521 to 530.JPG

Note: More blanks of the Amboyna Burl are ready to list, these are all from new burls and will be offered in 22mm square x 130mm long, 19+mm square x 130mm long and 18+mm square x 130mm long. There will be 3 grades as normal, full burl, some burl and no burl blanks...!

Have fun and grab them while you can...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Amboyna burl (22, 19 and 18mm square x 130mm long) sale...!

OK, here we have some more pen blanks, of the new Amboyna Burl I received.

There are various square sizes and grades available so lets do this...!

*- Lets start with the 22mm square x 130mm long in grade-1, these are all burl and are offered in packs of 5 blanks. The burl is light weight so, 5 blanks is what I can fit in the smallest package possible, the 250gr. for AU$9.00, the packs are AU$40.00 so a total of AU$49.00 posted anywhere in the world...!

Pack #51.JPG Pack #52.JPG Pack #53.JPG Pack #54.JPG Pack #55.JPG Pack #56.JPG Pack #57.JPG Pack #58.JPG Pack #59.JPG Pack #60.JPG Pack #61.JPG Pack #62.JPG Pack #63.JPG Pack #64.JPG Pack #65.JPG Pack #66.JPG Pack #67.JPG

*- Now, continuing on the same size blanks at 22 square x 130mm long, we have grade-2, these are about 50/50 burl/wood, the same number of blanks per pack, same shipping cost (AU$9.00) but the packs are AU$15.00 each so, a AU$24.00 shipped anywhere in the world...!

Pack#68 - 50-50.JPG Pack#69 50-50.JPG Pack#70 50-50.JPG Pack#71 50-50.JPGPack#72 50-50.JPG Pack#73 50-50.JPG Pack#74 50-50.JPG

*- The next group are the last ones of this size (22mm square x 130mm long). They are grade-3, they have small natural imperfections/flaws, many of which are superficial, there are only a couple of them with a 1/4" or less missing at one end from the flaw...!
The same number of blanks per pack, same shipping cost (AU$9.00) the price for these blanks is also $15.00 as they are mostly all burl. Price is AU$24.00 shipped anywhere in the world.

Pack#83 - Flaws.JPG Pack#84 - Flaws.JPG Pack#85 - Flaws.JPG Pack#86 - Flaws.JPGPack#87 - Flaws.JPG

*- We are going now to the 19mm square x 130mm long. These are all burl (grade-1) and I can fit 6 blanks in a 250gr, padded envelop for the AU$9.00 shipping charge. These 6 blanks packs are AU$42.00 so a cost of AU$51.00 shipped anywhere in the world...!

Pack#75 - 19x19.JPG Pack#76 - 19x19.JPG

*- The next lots are the last ones and they are the 18mm square x 130mm long. The first group is full burl (grade-1) of 6 blanks per pack for the same shipping charge of AU$9.00. These packs are AU$36.00 so the total cost is AU$45.00 shipped anywhere in the world...!

Pack#77 - 18x18.JPG Pack#78 - 18x18.JPG

*- And finally, the same size blanks (18mm square x 130mm long) but in half burl, half wood (50/50). These are 7 blanks packs for AU$15.00 per pack for the same shipping charge of AU$9.00 so, a total cost of AU$24.00 shipped anywhere in the world...!

Pack#79 - 18x18 - 50-50.JPG Pack#80 - 18x18 - 50-50.JPG Pack#81 - 18x18 - 50-50.JPG Pack#82 - 18x18 - 50-50.JPG

OK, plenty of blanks to pick from, so enjoy...!

Please order through here (this post) or by PM (I honour both equally)...!

Payments are to be made through Paypal, thank you...!

Have fun...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Good morning everyone...!

Just to let everyone that order any of these recent Amboyna Burl blanks (including the jumbo's) that, all have been posted this morning 14/1/14...!:)

Thank you...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Great
Thank You !! George
Whats it usually take from Australia to the states?
Rich

Hi Rich,

About 2 weeks, on this economical shipping option from Australia Post.

I was just going to PM you about the parcel I sent you so, I can say it here, there is nothing to hide so, here it goes.

The total weight of your parcel/box is 1.750kg, this is 750gr more that what you paid, to cover what you ordered however, when you suggested that I could add a few more blanks in the 2 tone type and based on you stating that you were focussing more of the "better" type blanks to put on your pens, I decided to add 1 x pack of 4 blanks of the rare Platypus Gum Burl and 5 blanks of the Olive root that I had on my box of "gems"...!:wink::biggrin:

Both packs are something that you may ever seen before, particularly those 5 Olive root blanks that you will see what I mean, when you get them.

So, apart from these 2 extra packs, I got you also another pack of the normal size Amboyna burl, from the packs I had listed on eBay from the last lot I made, that pack has all 2 tone blanks, so does another of the Jumbo blanks that I saw had what you wanted.

I brought up the weight adjustment to the 1.750kg but adding a few "gift" blanks for you to try out, they are all full size stuff and nice looking..!:biggrin:

There is an extra amount owed as you would expect however, there are 2 blank packs that you didn't ask for but I decided to add them assuming you will like them so, I will talk to you again, about this issue, after you receive the package and have a good look at the blanks/packs I sent extra, if you agree with my decision to let you have a look at them, you then pay for them, if not, I will ask you to send them back, I pay the freight.

So, and only after you get the parcel, I will know what to charge you for all the extras, you asked or not, sounds fair to me, what do you reckon...???:)

I apologize, if all this make you and maybe others, a little excited about seeing what is extra in that box, I don't think that is a bad thing, some folks here wouldn't be so surprised, as they were treated with the same type surprises, from me so, lets wait and see what happens...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

tgsean

I like George's surprises! George, back from Israel, Jordan and Turkey. I want to do an article to support BOW as I've been there, seen the proof, took pictures. Hope you dont mind, just need the truth out there that's all.

robutacion

I like George's surprises! George, back from Israel, Jordan and Turkey. I want to do an article to support BOW as I've been there, seen the proof, took pictures. Hope you dont mind, just need the truth out there that's all.

G'day Sean, welcome back...!

Well, I'm most interested on what you have to say, after your visit to those regions. You want to support BOW and I want to know what made you make such decision, I also would like to support the true BOW and what it means but I'm afraid, it may be too late...!

I certainly would like to know what is the situation in 2014 compared with a decade ago, at least and I only wish that I could have been by your side on that visit, I would have a few questions on my own and some pics to take however, I doubt that, what I wanted so see, I could take pics at...!

Anyway, lets have it...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: I have your full size Dwarf Banksia blanks, ready for you when you're ready...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

George, I'll take 75 & 76. Please PM with the total, if its possible to put in one box and your PayPal address.

Thanks

Glen

Thanks Glen,

Sure, I can pack and send as much as 22kg total weight so, adding the 2 250gr. packs in one parcel would be exactly what I was thinking in doing so, no problems there...!

PM on its way...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom