The new web-store is officially, OPEN...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

OK peoples,

That's enough of waiting folks, it may be a few months before I have all the items listed on it but, there is enough there, to keep you guys busy for a little while.

I'm offering 50 discount code of 10% to all IAP members, on the value of the blanks (no shipping included) for the first 4 weeks of the store opening, starting from today, the discount code number is IAP/TOHC9TCD12O7

This code is to be used only once 1 time) per person/order so that everyone can have a go at it, thanks...!

I'm yet to have this discount code system tested, to make sure if only looks at the total amount for the blanks and not the total amount of the invoice so, you guys have to bare with me if the discount is taking more than it should, in that case, I may have to close the discount option require the assistance of the web-store provider (Shopify) to fix it, and some refunds...! lets hope not.

As advised before, any of the items on sale under the "specials-One off offers" on the Products Categories menu, the discount code DO NOT apply so, and to avoid confusions, if you are thinking of ordering the Olive blanks and something else, please make the purchase of the olive blanks first, ignore/do not use the discount code and proceed to checkout and pay.

After that order has been taking care of, you then gather all the other items in your basket/cart and when you are done, your use the discount code on checkout and everything will be just fine.

The shipping values charged to separate orders, have been worked out that, will allow to combine everything in a single box, with the charges matching what the cost of shipping the bigger bow will be so, don't worry...!

Another thing that I should make you people aware is that, the programs I'm given to work with by Shopify, do not remove the sold items pics and numbers from the listings, something that I'm trying to resolve by contracting a guru from shopify to modify the program at a cost so that the items sold disappear from view, at the moment, and that is all what the software given is capable of doing is to, mark the items sold as "sold out" and the cart button option, becomes inactive so, and while the same item can not be sold twice, you have to verify if what you want is still available by, selecting the item number from the drop down menu...!

I would do what I can to find a way to make the sold item disappear from view...!

That's pretty much it for now, subscribe if you want, create an account if you want (makes easier that way), have a look around and let me know what you think, navigation wise and general performance, please...!

Welcome and good luck...!:wink::biggrin:

Oh..., and just in case you missed it, the address is on my thread/post signature below, the same name as the eBay store and my Vendors page, here...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Ok George, you can retire. I placed a massive order. Well, a big order anyway. OK . . . . OK . . . . . . but an order is an order, right?!? :rolleyes:

Some very cool stuff. I love that Huron Pine Burl. And I see I wasn't 1st. Someone bought one of the blanks I wanted.

robutacion

looks great George, & a great selection of stock to choose from too. :)

Thanks people..!

Well George, I have about 3 or 4 times more blanks to list, many of them, never advertised anywhere, I once had 200 listings on eBay, that was years ago, I have a lot more timber species to work with and I never stop cutting and cutting away and while I decided to start with items that are new and never advertised before, (still have lots more of these) the natural/raw woods categories have amazing blanks, cut in all different ways, some of those are what is left on eBay but, when you are charged a monthly rent for every listing you have there, unless they move fairly well, it starts to cost me to have them there.

On my private store, I can have as many items as I want for no extra cost, I just have to spend the time to put them there, and that is exactly what I'm trying to do. Considering that, I have only about 4 weeks of work on this new store, I'm not doing to badly I must say, I can't spend all day on the computer, there are other things that need doing and I always get a nasty headache if I spend too much time looking at the screen, it hurts like hell and I'm using glasses...!

Anyway, the idea is to put all the blanks I have and make raw wood or not, in this store, the stock on most of items is large, as I enjoy the bandsaw work very much so, I'm always cutting something, I distress by going to the bandsaw and rip some wood, stock builds up even if that was not the intention so, I'm trying to create listing of what I've got and leave them there, if they sell they sell, if they don't, doesn't matter, they are not costing me anything for being there, I can then seat back and relax a little, if they are going to sell, they will on their own time, at least, all the options are there, and if something happen to me, everything will be set up so that the wife can take over, and make a few dollars until the stock runs out, after that, I don't really know...!

I just hope to be able to fix a few little glitches that are appearing here and there, that was expected, also...!

So, enjoy...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Thank you to those that made already put some orders on my new web-store...!

It came to may attention that, the listing that I was expected to have the most interest, apart from the Olive wood specials, was the Huon Pine exhibition grade pen blanks selling singly, in hours the first 20 sold, even tough they only went to 4 people however, people have not noticed that I had 6 groups pics of 5 blanks each and that the numbers went from 1 to 30.

I believe, people missed that and the fact that, the number selection drop down, only shown the first 20 numbers but were another 10 numbers below them you only had to scroll down a little.

I just though that I should have point that up here so that people don't think that, they have been all sold...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Very nice web site George! You made buying good stuff easy...too easy!

Thanks mate...!

I'm glad you had a pleasant and easy experience on my new web-store, that has been one of my priorities, I would like to make it as simple and easier as possible, not only for those buying or simply looking but also to me, that have to deal with what I do so, so far, I'm finding that is getting there.

My main uses has been the fact that, the program written for me to use, is not removing/hiding the sold numbers and pics from the listing, even tough, when a blank/pack is selected, if sold, the message "sold out" appears and the "cart" button becomes inactive however, I would much prefer that, those sold items would simply not show to avoid confusion and despair.

Yes, I say despair because that is what I would feel if I could see something that I wanted to buy and every time I made the selection a "sold out" message appear, the number selecting drop down menu allow for about 20 numbers but, if the listing has more than that in options, unless you scroll down that numbers menu, you can see them (numbers).

If the sold pics weren't there, people wouldn't be looking for those numbers, in the first place.

I have request the services of a Shopify (host provider) guru, at a lot of dollars per hour to re-write the program or add another programs that can do what I need by so far, nothing has come up, yet...!:mad:

There are always little things to fix, change, replace, etc., with some more time, I will get there...!

PS: The discount code has been replaced, the previous one was working OK but I needed to identify the source of the code users, as I have other codes for other locations, situations such as eBay, that way I know from where the people is coming from/picked up the code from...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Thanks George, ordered placed...

I'm ready to try one of those hairy banksia pods :)

Thanks mate, order received and will be process through the weekend for posting Monday morning...!

I'm glad you built up the confidence to try the Banksia hairy pod blanks, simply follow the instructions/suggestion I put on IAP and you will be just right...!

Good luck.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom