Mr. Anonymous Game #8 @ 16/10/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples...!

Here we go again, with another blanks of mine for you to identify...!

These were only finished a few days ago however, they were stabilized/dyed about 1 year ago.

I have used a solid blue past to mix with the resin for filling any of the holes/cracks, this blue past is the same colour shade as the blue dye from Alumilite so, this resin mix was a deliberate one...!

I wonder, if you people can identify the wood species of this blank...???

002.JPG

The winner get a set of 4 of these blanks, he/she pays for shipping...!

The other condition are as per normal, refered often and clearly of the previous game #7.

Good luck everybody...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Tortuosa Willow

Interesting...! why do you say that...???

If I would be asking you to give me the species number, with any possible letter in front of the number, which normally represents either the cut type or some other characteristic that define the blank, what letter(s) would it be...???:)

Here are a few more pics of it so, think wisely...!

PS: I did not bother to do a perfect finish, there are pin holes that need filling but, I let it me...!

004.JPG005.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Trey

Tortuosa Willow ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ slightly eaten by a tazmanian devil then spit out because it was too pretty to eat!

Krash

.... remember all .... Georgie-Boy said

"the species number, with any possible letter in front of the number"

Give that a go since I think I am the only one adhering to this little nuance of George's hint.

I'm done guessing! :wink:

Trey

Oh that would be a dirty little trick indeed. But I'm thinking that you pretty much have those covered with your last few posts. Good luck to you Kelly!

Krash

Oh that would be a dirty little trick indeed. But I'm thinking that you pretty much have those covered with your last few posts. Good luck to you Kelly!

There could still be some options ... new, old, X, Z .... I'm just not going to "post-bomb" George to get it right. I've already received some great stuff from George so I"ll guess a couple times and if I'm not right, I'll leave it up to others who have not won yet.

Keep going Trey!

Last edited:

robutacion

.... remember all .... Georgie-Boy said

"the species number, with any possible letter in front of the number"

Give that a go since I think I am the only one adhering to this little nuance of George's hint.

I'm done guessing! :wink:

Hummmm, well said Kelly, even though I asked for the "letter(s)" in front of the "number", as that is how I normally identify the blanks BUT, I will be happy to get the letter(s) before the number, no problem.

I was wondering, from where all those letters you guys have been giving, have come from, the common ones are, ST (straight cut), X (cross cut), Z (diagonal cut), B (burl), SPT (spalted), C (curly), and sometimes BRL (burled) but, after I saw Kelly's link to the mother thread of this wood, it all made sense...!:wink::biggrin:

Species numbers without any letters, always mean ST (straight-cut, with the grain)

Some wood species have plain grain and burl in the same log, some areas the wood have a little bit of both and those are the blanks I call BRL (burled) even if the blanks has only 1 burl spot but, big enough to be distinguished as a piece of burl...!

It has become obvious that, you guys have identified already the wood species so, the worse is done as so far, not a single answer is correct...!:)

PS: The BT stands for "Big Tree" this was what I used to identify the wood until I find out the correct species name, a few years later...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom