Mr. Anonymous Game #58 @ 30/11/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

:glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy:
I see 8 different colors is that right ?

Yes, yes, you are the first one to identify the correct number of colours on display, they are indeed 8 different colours so now, it comes the second question;

*- How many blanks/batch of each colour do you count..?

Cheers
George

I'm out, lol. Time to set up a go fund me account to purchase those special glasses. lol. :glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy::glasses-nerdy:

1080Wayne

Well George , it should be 8x40=320 , plus or minus the one or two that you removed or added to the batch to make life interesting for us .

Joe beat my thought by a minute as I was typing

Last edited:

robutacion

And the winner is...?

G'day.

What an interesting game this one was, there was no "trickery" from my part, I know that reducing the pic to the smaller sizes required for these forums, the image was not clear enough to simply count the blanks from a single angle, the correct answer was given on page 2 but I've thought that most of you could do with a little help to work out how many blanks you can see in that pics.

The 2 questions which they were clues, would give the correct answer even though I confirmed the number of colours was 8 and the number of blanks of each colour/batch was 40, it still took some time for some of you put 2 and 2 together and realise the "magic" number was 320 and that was fun to see.

There are no prizes for the secondary questions/clues but I'm happy to announce that the winner of game #58 is MRDucks2 on post #18, I don't know how he did it but congratulations mate, you got yourself some spending money (AU$100.00) at my web-store.:biggrin:

I noticed some new members having a go, I appreciate that you have to be in it to win it, right...?:)

Thank you to all participants, it's always fun to read some of the guesses, I hope you all enjoyed it.

Until next time, I leave you all with the other pics I took from this lot/order.

PS: Winner will receive a PM shortly with the voucher code.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 186

robutacion

KLJ

No random guesses for me, my first attempt was by counting the spaces between the rails which looked like 10 and tried counting how many was in the first 2 spaces. Ended up taking a picture of the computer screen with my wife's phone, then we was able to enlarge it and could clearly count 40 but that number was already taken. Had it figured out was just to late, thanks again this has been fun will be looking forward to the next game.

robutacion

No random guesses for me, my first attempt was by counting the spaces between the rails which looked like 10 and tried counting how many was in the first 2 spaces. Ended up taking a picture of the computer screen with my wife's phone, then we was able to enlarge it and could clearly count 40 but that number was already taken. Had it figured out was just to late, thanks again this has been fun will be looking forward to the next game.

G'day,

I never thought or said that everyone had just thrown guesses without making any effort to work out how many blanks there were, my curiosity was to find out what different techniques people used to count or calculate the correct number, your option was certainly smart...!

The important thing is that you had a bit of fun in the process.

Cheers
George

KLJ

I didn't mean anything negative with my last comment I was just telling how I went about it, all smiles for me.I just don't know how to put the little smiley faces at the end of my replies. And yes it was fun, turned into a family effort as my wife was taking pictures and counting over and over again.
Thank you again for your effort and generosity for doing the games.

robutacion

I didn't mean anything negative with my last comment I was just telling how I went about it, all smiles for me.I just don't know how to put the little smiley faces at the end of my replies. And yes it was fun, turned into a family effort as my wife was taking pictures and counting over and over again.
Thank you again for your effort and generosity for doing the games.

I appreciate when folks/members put some effort into solving some of my game questions and I can see that you really wanted the prize, you and your wife deserve to be rewarded for the efforts so, I will be sending you a PM shortly with an AU$50.00 gift voucher for you to use at my web-store and Merry Christmas...!:biggrin:

Oh, you mentioned that you don't know how to add those smiley faces into the text/posts so, I will attach a screen pic of where you need to click when you are writing the posts/threads.

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 155

MRDucks2

Wow, I awoke and signed on to a wonderful gift on the first day of December: winning one of George's contests!

Since coming to IAP, I have been able to take advantage of George's generosity on more than one occasion and always enjoy the contests. However, not wanting to be greedy, especially with so many new members competing, with George's blessing, I would like to offer the prize to the next correct answer after mine, I believe by a matter of only seconds.

What better way to support a fellow new woodturner, a fellow Hoosier and nearly neighbor over in Bloomington as well as keep with the spirit of the season than allow Chief Toma Toe to claim the prize and enjoy shopping George's Bits of Timber.

robutacion

Wow, I awoke and signed on to a wonderful gift on the first day of December: winning one of George's contests!

Since coming to IAP, I have been able to take advantage of George's generosity on more than one occasion and always enjoy the contests. However, not wanting to be greedy, especially with so many new members competing, with George's blessing, I would like to offer the prize to the next correct answer after mine, I believe by a matter of only seconds.

What better way to support a fellow new woodturner, a fellow Hoosier and nearly neighbor over in Bloomington as well as keep with the spirit of the season than allow Chief Toma Toe to claim the prize and enjoy shopping George's Bits of Timber.

I have absolutely no problems in accepting your request/suggestion to pass on the prize to the person that also gave the correct answer at exactly the same second as you did and that also is a new member as you said and you should know how much I try to encourage new members to feel comfortable participating on my games and or interact with many other events at various times on IAP so, your wish will be granted...!:biggrin:

Modest souls are great people to deal with, huh...?:)

Take care,

PS: I'm sure there will be other opportunities...!

Cheers
George

Chief TomaToe

Oh wow, thank you! That totally is not necessary though, you won fair and square. I am incredibly amazed at the generosity and kindness of the members of this forum!

MRDucks2

Thanks to all who participated. Sharing it forward is certainly not an issue. George has great blanks and a nice website.

Being able to make sure others can enjoy and want to participate on the site is key to it's success. There are a lot of great people who come here as well as a few old fuddy duddies. But, even they have a lot to contribute that the rest of us can learn from.

George is one of the Golden members who support the site, the membership, the programs and the people.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom