Mr. Anonymous Game #57 @ 27/10/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Congrats to the winner! I'm still sticking with my guess. Or, helping you with a new product to sell. :biggrin::wink:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Aborigines_of_Victoria/Volume_1/Chapter_12

Well, I know a fair a bit about Aboriginal culture but I have to admit of all "weapons" I have seen they made in the old days, I never saw any that resembled so much the shape of these Calligraphy pens so thank you for the link, I learn something today...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Congratulations Buckmark13 . You did very well . Only problem is that George hasn`t told you (or us) which ones you guessed wrong .

I gather from your post that the pen designer has not been pestering you for more blanks George , so I assume they were not a marketing success . Never got around to trying the process modifications I suggested . Still on my to do list .

G'day Wayne,

Yes, you are correct, I didn't say what the incorrect wood species were, Pine, Oak, Maple, the pen 6 is #30R Bottle brush root, I was not too worried about the order, I was more after the species names.

I suppose you are also correct about the success of this design, originally, this person fall in love with the Resifill type blanks and he wanted some made longer for his pens, like so many other times, some people don't seem to understand that not all materials are suitable for all purposes and in this case, the shape and length of these pens bodies were going to be difficult to make and very fragile, the idea to drill and glue a brass insert was my last resort in dealing with the fragility but regardless of that, I suggested that was not a good idea to want more done, the time and materials spent (cost) to make these items was far excessive for the possible/acceptable sale, I'm not sure if he found other more suitable materials or he gave up of the idea altogether...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom