Mr. Anonymous Game #50 @ 21/03/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

The busy BASH is now over so is time to have another of the Mr A. games.

I have to admit, in recent times I haven't been either creative or coming up with game questions that would last more than 5 minutes, most of you have been around for awhile and learn all my tricks and subjects so, I struggle to think of new stuff...!

Netherless, I will try keeping these games going the one way or the other so today, I have something that I will need you folks to identify.

So, the question is this;

*- What is/name the solid "material" I used to embed/cast/centrepiece in this Epoxy resin blank, showing in the pics attached...?

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 101_0709.JPG
    101_0709.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 101_0711.JPG
    101_0711.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 262
  • 101_0712.JPG
    101_0712.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 284
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Is this some wood turning Rorschach test? I'm seeing screaming faces.

Lol, I see them in the middle pic, screaming "let me out"

Oh boy, you guys can see some strange stuff...!:eek:

If the blank would speak or give readable messages, in the 3 years of its existence, the only one I can think would be, "Make me into something, please...!":biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Oh OK, I need to let this go for a little bit longer, I'm having too much fun with some of the answers I got so far...!

Because of someone suggesting sea creatures such as the starfish, does anyone want to go with squid or even octopus...?:biggrin:

And some of the tree species that were mentioned...! not a chance.:)

Of course, we have the Crows Ash pods that our friend ajollydds had no idea of and thought that was a fluke but he hadn't realised I had introduced these pods on IAP some years back in a project (casting) and other blanks that I was working on and till this day hasn't been finished and probably never will, this was the thread in question, here

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

And the winner is...!

Ok, folks, time to announce the winner of game #50 and that person is our good friend Earl (greenacres2), congrats mate, you certainly got it right, it is, in fact, the Banksia Speciosa pod, one of the rarest from the Banksia family. About 2 years ago (25/03/15), game #21 this very pod species was the start of the show, see here

Thank you very much to all that participated, I should remind everybody that, and unless specified, each member is allowed 3 guesses (separate posts).

As for you Earl, thank you for being a good sport and play.:wink:
Your AU$100.00 voucher code will be sent to you by PM very shortly, you know what to do, huh...?:biggrin:

Until next time,

Cheers
George

greenacres2

Wow...thank You George!! Very much appreciated!! I'm traveling home from a conference and will do some shopping this weekend. Thankfully I still had a few "shorts" from last summer's purchase to compare to.
Thanks again,
Earl

greenacres2

Order placed--I might have gone a tiny bit above the gift!! Lot of Australian wood is on its way to the USA, i'll try to do it justice!!
earl

robutacion

Order placed--I might have gone a tiny bit above the gift!! Lot of Australian wood is on its way to the USA, i'll try to do it justice!!
earl

G'day Earl,

Yes, the order was about 50 bucks Aussie over the voucher value, you have a FEW blanks to play with, for sure.

Your order was posted this afternoon so, is on it's way...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

greenacres2

"FEW" is an understatement!! That's at least 6 months for me, added to the 1 year supply I already have stashed. I have enough blanks to build a Dog House almost big enough for me--which i'll have to move to if I keep this up!! :)

Thanks again George!!
earl

Top Bottom