Mr. Anonymous Game #49 @ 24/01/2018

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everybody,

The last 2 games, the winners were decided by pure luck there is, peoples names were put in a "hat" and then one name was randomly selected. Until then, most games were based on "knowledge" mostly related to penturning, wood species and so on, the change has displeased some members and I've heard their comments/thoughts which I fully understand and respect.

There are reasons why I changed the game structure, one of which is my recent difficulty in thinking of the questions that would follow identical "pass" as previous ones, Google has made life so much easy to everyone that thinking of something that simply doesn't show up in a search with thousands of hits, is very difficult.

With that said, I decided that I would try to mix a little the old questions type and the "pot-luck" game methods, this way I satisfy everybody, I hope...!

What question am I going to ask...???:confused:

Well, I took to older pics for inspiration and in no time I had something.

QUESTION

I will attach 3 pictures, I need you to tell me what wood species produced such specimen...?

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• timber preparation 072.jpg
    timber preparation 072.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 250
  • timber preparation 101.jpg
    timber preparation 101.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 262
  • timber preparation 082_(1).jpg
    timber preparation 082_(1).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Ha...!, I think I may have "stretched" the string a little, the first clue is in the phrase above the "QUESTION" word...!:wink:

Some time ago, (a while ago...!) I recall talking about this very root burl, I should have a thread about it but I haven't found it yet.

Anyway, lots of beautiful pen blanks come out of this root burl, some of you may recall making pens with them.:biggrin::wink:

PS: All answers so far are incorrect.

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

lol I just missed the answer :(

spotted gum rut posted 7-30-2013 in juniper root slabs thread

Jeremy,

I don't know this as fact, but it seems that George may be taking everyone who has the correct answer and throwing them in a hat and drawing for the winner out of that. He mentioned he was doing a combination of the old way and the new way, so that is my interpretation of it.

Could be totally wrong though!

Dehn0045

This was a tough one to search out, took me a while to find the post even after Jeremy posted the date... Spotted gum it is...

robutacion

Quick clarification...!

lol I just missed the answer :(

spotted gum rut posted 7-30-2013 in juniper root slabs thread

Jeremy,

I don't know this as fact, but it seems that George may be taking everyone who has the correct answer and throwing them in a hat and drawing for the winner out of that. He mentioned he was doing a combination of the old way and the new way, so that is my interpretation of it.

Could be totally wrong though!

I believe I need to clarify what I said in my game OP, when I said that I was going to mix a little the old and new game methods, I should have been more clear about it as I never thought about the possibility that some of you may consider the possibility that Lewis (stuckinohio) mentioned above.

Unfortunately, that was not what I meant and or had in mind, my idea was to make some games the old way and some the new way, alternated when possible but not with a mix of the two.

With this said, the idea is quite good and something that I have also done in the past so, I will add a third category to these games, the mix games.

I will be very careful and clear as to what method game it will be (old, new, mix) so that confusions can be prevented.

In the end, the goal is the same...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...!

Well, you guys are too good, If I was ever telling lies, I would be caught pretty damn fast but, that is never the case but I forget things...!

In this case, the winner of game #49 is stuckinohio congrats Lewis, you hit the nail on the head, no need to copy and paste the exact line I have on my timbers list...!:biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Don't worry, you were not the only one...!:)

Well, this was a short and sweet game, no need to drag it on, huh...?

As always, thank you to all that participated, is always a pleasure to see you guys playing and having fun, I hope...!:biggrin:

Until next time,

PS: Winner, you know the "deal"

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

Nice!

George, if it is OK with you I would like to donate my winnings towards the Bash. If it is not needed or you would rather I not, I suppose I could find some lovely bits of timber again!

Lewis

robutacion

Nice!

George, if it is OK with you I would like to donate my winnings towards the Bash. If it is not needed or you would rather I not, I suppose I could find some lovely bits of timber again!

Lewis

Well, I have already sent you the gift code, I was not aware of this post until just now, sorry.

With that said, I could simply cancel the code but I would prefer not, I have the Bash and some other IAP events covered with prizes/vouchers so, I would suggest one of two things, pass on the full winning voucher (AU$100.00) to the second member that guessed the answer correctly or, allow the full amount voucher to be divided with 2 x AU$50.00 to the second and third members with the correct answer.

You decide, keep it, pass it on or have it divided into 2 x AU$50.00 vouchers.

I'm OK with either way.

Let me know.

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

I would like to pass the whole amount on to Jeremy. He's a newly joined member, so I'm sure he could use some turning stock!

I've been shown great kindness and generosity many times on IAP. I believe it's the best internet group around. Very happy to pass it on to a new member!

And thank you very much for holding these games, along with Mr. Anonymous of course! I need to brush of the dust on my stabilizing and casting setup so I can use some more of the beautiful specimens I've already gotten from you!

robutacion

I would like to pass the whole amount on to Jeremy. He's a newly joined member, so I'm sure he could use some turning stock!

I've been shown great kindness and generosity many times on IAP. I believe it's the best internet group around. Very happy to pass it on to a new member!

And thank you very much for holding these games, along with Mr. Anonymous of course! I need to brush of the dust on my stabilizing and casting setup so I can use some more of the beautiful specimens I've already gotten from you!

Your wish will be honoured...!:biggrin:

On behalf of Mr A and myself, thank you for passing on a generous act, exactly what this game represents, thank you...!

I'm sure Jeremy will be very happy with the news when it seemed all lost for him, things turned for the best and he can now enjoy the gift/voucher and the opportunity.

I'm sure, one day Jeremey will pass forwards the generosity...!

The only thing you need to do is contact Jeremy and give him the voucher code I sent you, the voucher in his hands will be honoured...!

Well done my friend, and thank you,:)

Cheers
George

Jeremymc98

Just yesterday I was explaining this group to my wife and how everyone is truly passionate and compassionate and this is the epitome of both.

As a rookie and new member this means a lot and I am honestly humbled by you both and can't put enough words in this post to show my gratitude!!!

George and lewis... thank you thank you thank you.

robutacion

Just yesterday I was explaining this group to my wife and how everyone is truly passionate and compassionate and this is the epitome of both.

As a rookie and new member this means a lot and I am honestly humbled by you both and can't put enough words in this post to show my gratitude!!!

George and lewis... thank you thank you thank you.

Modesty is a virtue it has no set value nor is invisible, give a little today, give a little everytime you can ask for nothing in return and you will get back all you really need and important to you.:)

You're most welcome.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom