Mr. Anonymous Game #45 @ 11/09/2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

Now that the Summer Extravaganza contests are over, let me continue the winning spree by offering another Mr.A game

So, what is the difficulty degree of this game...?:biggrin: some may find it very hard while others may see it as an easy answer, I, on the other hand, think that will be a challenge why..? because this is not something I see every day, in fact, these blanks, cut in cross and diagonal were processed many years ago, at the time I had too many so I put a big bunch in cardboard boxes and stored them away.

Over the years I forgot all about them until recently when I made a few extra shelves in the lolly-shop so I decided that was time to go through those boxes and see what I had in there. Most were shorts but these 2 boxes had these blanks that have changed considerably since processed, there is a black coating through the wood, some sort of spalting or stain and I found it interesting and in many ways quite pretty so, I turned one of the blanks as a sample and decided to use it as the game subject of today.

The question is very simple;

How would you "specify"/identify this blank...? or, wood species, cut, etc...!

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced in game #32 and that is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used for the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

You have 3 guesses to post, one guess per post, please...!

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 206
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

edicehouse

I personally would identify that blank as "The F'in awesome crosscut blank I got from George in Australia with a bunch of black poka dots on it".

robutacion

I personally would identify that blank as "The F'in awesome crosscut blank I got from George in Australia with a bunch of black poka dots on it".

Interesting what you said, in fact, "poka dots" is a nice term for it, however, you would be able to say that you got it from George's in Australia why...? simply because I have never sold or had for sale these exact blanks, not the ones with the black stuff, have you ever had any of these before they got like this...? I don't think so, most people turn their nose around its name, however, I have had demonstrated in the past, how sometimes they can produce outstanding results...!

They were processed about 9 years ago, I've got a few packs, I may offer them for sale after the game is over and done with.

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Interesting what you said, in fact, "poka dots" is a nice term for it, however, you would be able to say that you got it from George's in Australia why...? simply because I have never sold or had for sale these exact blanks, not the ones with the black stuff, have you ever had any of these before they got like this...? I don't think so, most people turn their nose around its name, however, I have had demonstrated in the past, how sometimes they can produce outstanding results...!

They were processed about 9 years ago, I've got a few packs, I may offer them for sale after the game is over and done with.

Cheers
George

You asked how would I identify this blank. If I was identifying it, it means I have it. :)

robutacion

Cheers
George

You asked how would I identify this blank. If I was identifying it, it means I have it. :)

OK, you've got me lost and we will find out soon what it is, however, I'm most puzzled when you say I got it and I wonder if I have put one of them as a gift with the last order I sent you, I don't remember I already forgot what I had for dinner, I'm that forgetful so anything is possible, I know that when I found them they were not in packs, they were loose in the box and I seem to recall to have had a couple extra, one that I had put a side for making a sample out off and the other's can be anywhere, including your house, at least one, I don't know...!

If you have if, you will be able to see what the wood species number is so, keep it for yourself, I really want to see if anyone can recognise the sample...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

ajollydds

I would describe the wood as being "curly"based on the tiger stripe pattern. Looking through your timbers list, #8 curly gum is my first guess.

stuckinohio

George,

Do we still get three guesses? I put in my second guess but realized that nobody else gave multiple guesses and I don't see anything about 3 guesses anymore.

robutacion

George,

Do we still get three guesses? I put in my second guess but realized that nobody else gave multiple guesses and I don't see anything about 3 guesses anymore.

G'day mate,

Absolutely, everyone has 3 guesses, I don't know why anyone would think that the 3 guesses no longer apply, I certainly have never said anything of that nature, however, I was convinced that I had that "condition" mentioned in my OP but looking closely, I do not and that was my mistake, I should have confirmed that, sorry...! (I will correct that now)

Cheers
George

robutacion

I would describe the wood as being "curly"based on the tiger stripe pattern. Looking through your timbers list, #8 curly gum is my first guess.

Well, the wood is not curly and therefore is not the #8 Curly Gum, the only connection to it is that they are both about the same age since found and that is a big clue...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Last guess is

spotted gum X&Z cut.

Sorry, my friend but you are out...!:frown::) next time

You are going to pull your hairs out when you find out what it is.:biggrin:

Cheers
George
86- Scribbly Gum

I picked this because you made the comment on pulling hair out.

Hahahah, a long way out mate...!

There were a couple of big clues I gave in my OP (opening post) when I said that most people don't like this timber species and that, it was processed years ago so this means that its species number has to be fairly low(ish), right..?:biggrin:

You've got your 3 guesses out so, you are out, sorry...!

Cheers
George

edicehouse

Sometimes your "clues" are more confusing than helpful.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I thought the one high number gum, because he said someone was going to pull their hair out. And I thought since he said he processed it years ago and just refound it, it may have a high number.

robutacion

Sometimes your "clues" are more confusing than helpful.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh no...! you are really confused my friend, my clues are all spot on and they say a lot, however, what you are talking about are the "traps" and not clues, those are given for the specific purpose to mess you guys up, the only issue is that you have to work out which is which, capish...?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

stuckinohio

Oh no...! you are really confused my friend, my clues are all spot on and they say a lot, however, what you are talking about are the "traps" and not clues, those are given for the specific purpose to mess you guys up, the only issue is that you have to work out which is which, capish...?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Exactly!

And I too thought the "pulling my hairs out" part was a clue!

robutacion

Cheers
George

Exactly!

And I too thought the "pulling my hairs out" part was a clue!

Well, what do I know...?

What is the tree/wood species that most people hate...?:biggrin:

Chers
George

ajollydds

This reminds me of the movie "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, world."

Everyone chasing the "W" with no clue what the "W" actually is, at least I speak for myself in this.

I'm chasing the "W", second guess is willow.

Top Bottom