Mr. Anonymous Game #44 @ 17/08/2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Thanks George! Being fairly new to IAP and penturning, I haven't played often. Usually I am either too slow or unable to come up with a reasonable answer (this doesn't seem to stop some - you know who you are!). This time I thought for sure that I had won, I initially was thinking it was something to do with the She/bull oak, but when I searched your site I stumbled on the Rock Oak. But then when nobody confirmed my guess I was starting to worry, I was like "oh crap maybe it's Myrtle Beech" (just kidding :)). Anyway, I really have fun with your games. I usually get lost in some corner of the internet where I never would have traveled otherwise. The part of penturning that I enjoy the most is using and collecting unusual and beautiful wood. I tell people that I am a "wood collector that makes pens". I will definitely put the voucher to good use!

You're most welcome...!:biggrin:

You certainly did it right, and above all, you seem to have learnt a few tricks to decipher my questions and clues, some here have become too efficient with that so, I'm always trying to trick them.

Yes, I keep reminding people that, even if what you think the answer is has been answered before, you should always post your guess(es) sometimes the person that answered/guessed it first may not be eligible (won in the last 2 games) to claim the prize or, and I have done this a few times before, I decide to award multiple people, doesn't hurt to make sure and let me/us know what you think it is, everybody has 3 guesses/posts that they can make.

Anyway, wood collector or not, I'm sure you will have some fun looking through George's Bits of Timber.

Take care,
Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ajollydds

b57b3085f9d2c4bf5bb88aac84e0d062.jpg

George definitely has a beautiful collection of wood. This is an amboyna burl he sent me. Thanks again, George!

robutacion

I will definitely put the voucher to good use!

Holia magnolia :eek: you have already used the voucher...???:eek::eek::eek:

Man, you are fast, 19 packs of blanks (76 blanks) will last you a little while, huh...?:biggrin:

I'm sorry about the shipping charges but 76 blanks or almost 5kg weight from OZ to the USA could never be too cheap even though, I believe some of you already know this but others may not and that is the shipping charges I have which are discounted shipping rates only for International destinations offered by Australia Post under a yearly contract I have, these discounted rates are approx 40% less than the public price/charges, without these discounted rates, it would be extremely difficult/expensive to buy from me/Australia, the discount prices I get are exactly what I charge otherwise it would defeat the purpose and my need to offer discounted/lower shipping charges.

Anyway, I will get your order together through the weekend and will have it posted first thing Monday morning and everything goes well, you should get it between 1 and 2 weeks from posting.:)

Cheers
George

Dehn0045

I will definitely put the voucher to good use!

Holia magnolia :eek: you have already used the voucher...???:eek::eek::eek:

Man, you are fast, 19 packs of blanks (76 blanks) will last you a little while, huh...?:biggrin:

I told you I am a wood collector :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I already had a bunch of packs picked out, then after the voucher I went a little wild and just started adding stuff to the cart. I think I am going to be the next source for the IAP Estate Blank Fundraiser, but hopefully not for many years!

I agree, its too bad that shipping is so steep from Australia to the US. We are spoiled over here with our USPS Flat Rate shipping boxes, I have gotten 60 blanks shipped for $7. But I know you are giving us the best deal you can. I'm looking forward to seeing the box on the doorstep in a few weeks, cheers!

Herb G

I hate to say this, but if you shipped Fedex or UPS, the costs would be 1/2 of Australian Postal prices on a commercial account.

robutacion

I hate to say this, but if you shipped Fedex or UPS, the costs would be 1/2 of Australian Postal prices on a commercial account.

G'day mate,

I wish you were correct, prices are a lot higher than what you think and 3 to 4 times what cost sent by Australia Post, keep in mind that, I based the parcel weight at 5kg from OZ to USA or Canada, looking into the Australian FedEx and UPS prices I wasn't surprised but and at the same times disgusted by the ridiculous prices they ask.

The other fact is that these services may not be available in my small area these services are more common at cities and Adelaide is 65km from me so, not an option to me.

I have attached screen copies of both FedEx and UPS quotes, either one is ridiculously expensive :eek:

I just wanted to make sure...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Fedex rates for a 5kg parcel.jpg
    Fedex rates for a 5kg parcel.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 170
  • UPS quote for a 5kg parcel.jpg
    UPS quote for a 5kg parcel.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 163

robutacion

I stand corrected, mate. G'day. :biggrin:

You know, we can't always be right and if nothing else, you made me verify those options that long ago when I checked were already too much.

The one thing I didn't do and therefore, I gave you nothing to compare with, I should have said how much the shipping charge was from Australia Post for the almost 5kg from Sam's order, it was AU$85.50 so it would be correct to say that, the international shipping charges I offer under my A. P. contract are indeed the best possible offer available.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom