Mr. Anonymous Game #42 @ 16/06/2017 - Page 4 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > George's Bits of Timber
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 AM   #31 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfolks View Post
Strangler fig
Fence
G'day,

Great guess on the tree species as Fig trees are also capable of growing over all sorts of things, fast and furious but not as fast as this one (in the pic).

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #32 (permalink)

Thumbs up And the winner is..?

Hi peoples,

We have a winner, our friend Derek (DJBPenmaker) go it right on his second guess and post #9, congratulation mate, you deserve the win...!

Peppercorn trees are pretty and provide nice shade however, they can be a big problem if planted too close to "things" or "things" are put/built too close to it.

The tree's natural milky sap allows for a very fast growth particularly after the tree has established itself well something that will take as little as 10 to 15 years, after that, large "sacks" start to develop at the tree base and the main trunk, those sacks harden and become what we know as burls, a different kind of burl but burls, nevertheless...!

The tree species number on my timbers list is, in fact, the #57 and the item being eaten is the house front fence made out of metal light tubing.

I did find out that, in this particular case/tree, the reason of why the tree was allowed to grow over the fence was because the house didn't have any residents for nearly 2 decades, when I first found this tree, the house was still empty but, when I approached this place to take another couple of pics the second time years later, I noticed a timber board carved with some letter just above the front door and it said "The Peppercorn tree house"...!

The place was sold about 2 years ago and the new people decided to use the tree and fence as is and name the house/property accordingly.

So, congratulations to the winner and thank you very much to those that participated, it was fun...!

Thank you

PS: Derek, a PM will follow with your AU$100.00 voucher info, thanks...!

Cheers
George

Last edited by robutacion; 06-19-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robutacion View Post
Hi peoples,

We have a winner, our friend Derek (DJBPenmaker) go it right on his second guess and post #9, congratulation mate, you deserve the win...!

Peppercorn trees are pretty and provide nice shade however, they can be a big problem if planted too close to "things" or "things" are put/built too close to it.

The tree's natural milky sap allows for a very fast growth particularly after the tree has established itself well something that will take as little as 10 to 15 years, after that, large "sacks" start to develop at the tree base and the main trunk, those sacks harden and become what we know as burls, a different kind of burl but burls, nevertheless...!

The tree species number on my timbers list is, in fact, the #57 and the item being eaten is the house front fence made out of metal light tubing.

I did find out that, in this particular case/tree, the reason of why the tree was allowed to grow over the fence was because the house didn't have any residents for nearly 2 decades, when I first found this tree, the house was still empty but, when I approached this place to take another couple of pics the second time years later, I noticed a timber board carved with some letter just above the front door and it said "The Peppercorn tree house"...!

The place was sold about 2 years ago and the new people decided to use the tree and fence as is and name the house/property accordingly.

So, congratulations to the winner and thank you very much to those that participated, it was fun...!

Thank you

PS: Derek, a PM will follow with your AU$100.00 voucher info, thanks...!

Cheers
George
That is brilliant, thank you soooo much. I'm one of those people who never wins anything so it means even more. And I've learnt a lot of new things at the same time. It doesn't get better than that!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by robutacion; 06-19-2017 at 10:08 PM.
DJBPenmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #34 (permalink)

You're most welcome Derek.

As I remind people all of the time that, it may be your turn the next time, there is only one thing you need to do and that is to participate in the game and give it a shot...!

Until the next one...!

Cheers
George

Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads