Mr. Anonymous Game #39 @ 25/2/2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Please ignore the original pics and question, the answer was accidentally revealed in the pics and I apologise for my mistake...!

Correct images and question on post #7

Hi folks,

I understand that at the moment, IAP is having lots of different challenges and that everybody is busy trying to finish or wrap up these annual events so, my game #39 may come at a less convenient time for some of you so, I will try to make it simple and something that will not require a lot of searching, so I hope...!

On these 2 images bellow, you can see a wood bowl that has warped considerably after finished, the wood wasn't green (spalting) but it was wet from being in the rain for some time.

The questions is;

What did I use, apart from a plywood disc, to secure the bowl on the lathe on this re-mounting...?

Cheers
George

Attachments

• Re-turning hot glue system 013_(1).jpg
    Re-turning hot glue system 013_(1).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Re-turning hot glue system 014_(1).jpg
    Re-turning hot glue system 014_(1).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

robutacion

Cancel original question

Oh boy, I'm normally a little more careful with the pics I select for these games and is only fair to everybody that I cancel the original question and start all over with something else, why..?

Well, if you haven't noticed already, the pics actually say what the image is about, silly me..!

So, give me a few minutes to work something out, and start again...!

Sorry 1080Wayne, Jontello, Herb G and CREID

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Replacement image(s) and question

Ok so, let's hope I got this one right...!

Some years ago, I design and built a piece of equipment that turned out to be a great invention that I used for years and many other copied for themselves.

I made this "thing" out of a galvanised steel pipe used on one of the damaged street signs found not far from me, on the side of the road.

The question is;

What is/was it used for...?

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced on game #32 and that, is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used on the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Note: One guess per post and a maximum of 3 guesses sets per member so, pick well...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC00474_(1).JPG
    PIC00474_(1).JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

robutacion

I may have to stress that fact that, the "tool" shown could be used for a few different functions however, I'm looking for the very reason I design and built this "thing".

I very rarely use it in recent times, for the original purpose it was built unless in very special circumstances :biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Wood holder to secure it while you carve it?

Oh, you want the prize so badly, do you...?:wink::biggrin:

Unfortunately, you have used your 3 guesses and you were unable to answer my question, I do however think that you have a good idea of some of it's possible uses if necessary but, I built it for something else that is in some way related with your line of thinking.

Let's see what the other guys or gals will come up with...@!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Well, there has been a few of you that seem to recognise or understand what such a tool could be used for and I can confirm that;

1- If the question was, what is the name of the tool, the answer would be, a "log holder" that is obvious and many of you worked out but, that was not the question.

2- If the question was, what such tool is used for, the answer would be, to hold a log for debarking, resizing, cutting portions of, hold the log for curving, hold any unusual shaped piece of wood for further work, etc, etc. however, that was not the question but the very reason I built it for at the time...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

It was used to hold a street sign up off the ground before you made a tool out of it.

Well, that would be correct, if the question was, what did I made it with/from?

A "small" correction should be made as to what I used to make the tool, the sign post was indeed a hit and run type item, the post/pipe of which I salvaged to make the tool (most of it), was a good distance from its original position with the street name plaque nowhere to be found.

The once straight post/pipe was ripped/snapped off its concrete base with a 45% bent at 2/3 of its length making me assume that one of the few idiots that use the street for car racing, have manage to make a mistake and have some "karma" payback by their "service" to the community and have a fair amount of damage to their beloved racing/modified car that is still today, unidentified...!

My contribution to the community was to remove the bent pipe from the side of the road and dispose of it, the way I felt most appropriate...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

You use it to hold the log or trunk while you cut it with your chain saw

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Yes, that would be correct but, to do what/for what purpose...?

I can maybe say that many, many dozens of the "pieces" I cut on that log holder/vice, have spent some days submerged in water and some concentrate of dish-washing liquid detergent so, what was I cutting/making..?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

I can maybe say that many, many dozens of the "pieces" I cut on that log holder/vice, have spent some days submerged in water and some concentrate of dish-washing liquid detergent so, what was I cutting/making..?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Well after seeing this post, my next answer that I posted wouldn't be correct.

edicehouse

Cheers
George

Saw dust/man glitter

Top Bottom