Mr. Anonymous Game #38 @ 18/1/2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi Peoples,

This is the first game for 2017 so lets hope everybody has a good time...!:)

OK so, some time ago I found something, this 008.JPG that I did use...!

The questions are;

1- What is it...?

2- What did I do with it...?

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced on game #32 and that, is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used on the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Note: One guess per post and a maximum of 3 guesses sets per member so, pick well...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Well George , you keep looking for different trees , but this time I guess you had your eyes closer to the ground . You took a dry or partly dry , edible or non-edible , mushroom or similar fungus , and filled the cup on top with blue dye , with a faint hope that something usable for a pen blank would come out of it . Obviously , some of the dye came out the bottom . You then stabilized it and turned it . Whether you now think it was a successful experiment , I don`t know . But I`m sure you will tell us after teasing us some more .

robutacion

Well Wayne, you tell a very interesting story but, ain't true, there are no mushrooms on anything growing closer to the ground, good imagination, though..!:biggrin::wink:

You guys have seen these pics before, is just not registering and I can understand that but I hope some of you will remember or recall something that happened a couple of years ago and that seemed most of you liked and purchased.

So, let's give a few clues, one is already mentioned above and reason the date was removed on the previous pic and on the one shown today, and the other clue is also mentioned above.:eek::wink:

007.JPG

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Hahahah guys...!

There are no Truffles and or Blueberries on it, sorry...!:redface:

You know, when I thought of this issue for this game, I've thought that it would be a lot easier for the "regular" guys/gals that follow my "stuff" but and after pondering for a little while, I realise that anyone I mean ANYONE, including any new members, can get the correct answers and win the prize.

I have mentioned twice that this has happened about/sort off a couple of years ago so, what is it, peoples..????:biggrin:

Cammon new members, learn how to search within IAP.

PS: If any of the "old Foxes" know the answer and would like someone else to get the prize, you can always throw a few teasers to others, please be my guest...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Was this a detail shot of blank from your teardrop cast experimentation before you turned it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see the connection to your thoughts but no, that is not the case at all, sorry...!

This was one of those "flukes" that offer itself as an opportunity and off-course, I took it. The results were spectacular and I have not been able to reproduce it since.

Cheers
George

robutacion

I just wonder what the new member will be saying that they read on a previous post they, any of them could win the AU$100 prize just by doing an internal search and look through the threads I posted about 2 years ago and make the connection...!:wink:

003.JPG

PS: Some of you are going to pull your hairs out when you find out what it is..!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Don Rabchenuk

alumilite.jpgCactus Juice mixed with large amounts of Alumilite blue dye that, the few hots days of 44°C that made the small drying wood shed reach 50°C ++ and some how turn a full gallon of mixed Juice to rock solid, almost melting the plastic bottle, in the process...!

Last edited:

robutacion

View attachment 158719Cactus Juice mixed with large amounts of Alumilite blue dye that, the few hots days of 44°C that made the small drying wood shed reach 50°C ++ and some how turn a full gallon of mixed Juice to rock solid, almost melting the plastic bottle, in the process...!

So, that is what you think the blue stuff is right...?

So, what did I do with it?

Cheers
George

Don Rabchenuk

wasn't expecting a "Swiss cheese" type material, the "openings" on it, gave the the idea to cut it into pen blanks and then cast them with the various Polyester resin colours...!

Who in heck would thing in salvage that stuff..??? Well, when I worked out that I had just lost about $120.00, I wasn't just going to throw it away, huh...???

They are cheap because, I'm happy to recover the $120.00 lost in Juice and dye and the polyester resin, Pearlex powders and other small consumables to make them "usable".

Sure, they are different, that is just a bonus as I see it...!

So, once again, thank you to everyone that had a got of it, most appreciated...!

Attached are some pics of the dry Cactus dyed Juice)

PS: nascrdad, I will allow you to pic 2 colours, one blank each of the samples, please advise which ones...!

My next post, will be a SALE offer for any remaining blanks of this particular batch, when gone, that's it, I hope I never have any more Juice that goes hard on me, I need it liquid and not solid...!

OK peoples, here we are for the sales of these one-off (well, I hope) blanks I made with one gallon of dyed blue Juice that didn't survive the week we had of very hot temperatures.

So, this is opportunity to grab a few to experiment, they are not your normal acrylic pen blank but that I will explain in details a little later...!

There are 6 colours in total and, they are priced at AU$5.00 each + shipping, I would appreciated if you don't choose multiple blanks of the same colour, I would like to think that everyone will have a chance to turn at least one, of the colours of their preference so, share around...!

Payments are made through Paypal...!

As advised in one of my previous posts, these blanks are too heavy to fit more than 3 in a 250gr. padded envelop so, the next size up is 500gr. and the prices are as below;

*- 3 x blanks in a 250gr. padded envelop @ AU$24.00 including shipping,
anywhere in the world.

*- 7 x blanks is a 500gr. padded envelop/box @ AU$44.00 including shipping anywhere in the world

Last edited:
Nice, Don. I spent a few hours going over George's umpteen billion posts from the last couple of years.:biggrin: I was going to come in and tell George that I didn't think that it was Blue Dyed Sassafras or Hills Weeping Fig.:biggrin::eek: It wasn't until I saw the date on the picture that you found, that I realized I didn't go back far enough. Dang Aussies, that's not May 2nd, 2014, it's 5 February 2014.:biggrin:

Congrats.

David

robutacion

wasn't expecting a "Swiss cheese" type material, the "openings" on it, gave the the idea to cut it into pen blanks and then cast them with the various Polyester resin colours...!

Who in heck would thing in salvage that stuff..??? Well, when I worked out that I had just lost about $120.00, I wasn't just going to throw it away, huh...???

They are cheap because, I'm happy to recover the $120.00 lost in Juice and dye and the polyester resin, Pearlex powders and other small consumables to make them "usable".

Sure, they are different, that is just a bonus as I see it...!

So, once again, thank you to everyone that had a got of it, most appreciated...!

Attached are some pics of the dry Cactus dyed Juice)

PS: nascrdad, I will allow you to pic 2 colours, one blank each of the samples, please advise which ones...!

My next post, will be a SALE offer for any remaining blanks of this particular batch, when gone, that's it, I hope I never have any more Juice that goes hard on me, I need it liquid and not solid...!

OK peoples, here we are for the sales of these one-off (well, I hope) blanks I made with one gallon of dyed blue Juice that didn't survive the week we had of very hot temperatures.

So, this is opportunity to grab a few to experiment, they are not your normal acrylic pen blank but that I will explain in details a little later...!

There are 6 colours in total and, they are priced at AU$5.00 each + shipping, I would appreciated if you don't choose multiple blanks of the same colour, I would like to think that everyone will have a chance to turn at least one, of the colours of their preference so, share around...!

Payments are made through Paypal...!

As advised in one of my previous posts, these blanks are too heavy to fit more than 3 in a 250gr. padded envelop so, the next size up is 500gr. and the prices are as below;

*- 3 x blanks in a 250gr. padded envelop @ AU$24.00 including shipping,
anywhere in the world.

*- 7 x blanks is a 500gr. padded envelop/box @ AU$44.00 including shipping anywhere in the world

Oh boy Don, did you have to copy and past half of the thread...?:eek:

I only wanted you to answer the 2 questions...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Nice, Don. I spent a few hours going over George's umpteen billion posts from the last couple of years.:biggrin: I was going to come in and tell George that I didn't think that it was Blue Dyed Sassafras or Hills Weeping Fig.:biggrin::eek: It wasn't until I saw the date on the picture that you found, that I realized I didn't go back far enough. Dang Aussies, that's not May 2nd, 2014, it's 5 February 2014.:biggrin:

Congrats.

David

Did you went through my posts all that far...????

You weren't suppose to look on the posts but on the "threads" I created about that time and I knew that revealing the date on my pics would make it all too easy, after all, I kept saying what it needed to be done to find the answers, didn't I???:)

One thing you are right, and I just thought about it, my simple mathematic head calculations are not working to good, after all from the beginning of 2014 to the beginning of 2017 is 3 years and not the 2 I mentioned, sorry about that...! OOps.

Cheers
George

Congrats.

David

Did you went through my posts all that far...????

You weren't suppose to look on the posts but on the "threads" I created about that time and I knew that revealing the date on my pics would make it all too easy, after all, I kept saying what it needed to be done to find the answers, didn't I???:)

One thing you are right, and I just thought about it, my simple mathematic head calculations are not working to good, after all from the beginning of 2014 to the beginning of 2017 is 3 years and not the 2 I mentioned, sorry about that...! OOps.

Cheers
George

I did George. It was actually quite informative and entertaining. I rather enjoyed it. That's where I got the bit about you and Edgar and the Sassafras and Hills Weeping Fig. :biggrin:

robutacion

I did George. It was actually quite informative and entertaining. I rather enjoyed it. That's where I got the bit about you and Edgar and the Sassafras and Hills Weeping Fig. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, the Sassafras and Hills Weeping Fig, I'm still looking for that elusive fig species, one day...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...?

Hi peoples,

Well, it became obvious who the winner is, congrats djrljr (Don) you have not only won the prize but you also confirmed the fact that, this game was suitable for anyone including the new turners, you were not even a member when I wrote that story and you only have been with IAP for 9 months so, you proved my point, thank you...!

Yes, the correct answers were;

1- Dried dyed blue Cactus Juice

2- I cast them into pen blanks (Resifills)

009.JPG010.JPGColour - A.JPGColour - B.JPGColour - C.JPGColour - D.JPGColour - E.JPGColour - F.JPG

Interestingly, I may have seen but I don't recall seeing any pens made with any of those blanks, any colours, does anyone has still any pics...?

Once again, thank you to everyone that contributed, that is always most appreciated...!

As for the winner, you will be getting a PM shortly with a Gift voucher code of the value of AU$100.00, shipping not included as always...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom