Mr. Anonymous Game #37 @ 8/12/2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

And the winner is/are...!

There ain't up here any other type of Gum tree species that produce a bark like this one, the tree trunk look like it had been burnt by fire, it is from one of the Ironbarks which are the hardwood family, this is how these trees look like,
Ironbark02.jpg red ironbark03.jpg

I have spoken of these trees after I found for the very first time in many years, some that I could have at the McLaren Vale fireplace processing plant last June, if my memory is correct from which I created an extensive thread with most of the new trees species I got from there and other bits and pieces.

Here is one of the bark pieces I removed from a log,
008 (2).JPG 009.JPG

So, the correct answer was the #87 Red Ironbark

Congratulations Lewis (stuckinohio), you are the winner of the AU$100.00 gift voucher...!

We have had another 2 members giving the correct answer after stuckinohio and while I don't always award multiple winners, I did so on the last game and I will do it again on these one awarding Jdubfudge and alankulwicki7 with a AU$50.00 gift voucher each, and Merry Christmas...!:biggrin:

I will contact/PM all winners for an official notification.

Thank you also to everyone that participate even if, only for the fun of it, most appreciated.:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Score! Thank you George. I appreciate the opportunity to play and the awesome wood to be gotten from you. You certainly know how to puzzle people! And I can't forget to thank "Mr. Anonymous" for the goodies!

And I know I've said this before but I'll say it again. You are a great resource for everyone on the forum. We all owe you many thanks.

Sincerely,

Lewis

robutacion

Score! Thank you George. I appreciate the opportunity to play and the awesome wood to be gotten from you. You certainly know how to puzzle people! And I can't forget to thank "Mr. Anonymous" for the goodies!

And I know I've said this before but I'll say it again. You are a great resource for everyone on the forum. We all owe you many thanks.

Sincerely,

Lewis

Thanks mate, your words of appreciation are all the reward I need.

Cheers
George

alankulwicki7

Wow, that's an awesome gesture, George!

I can't wait to order some more blanks from you as they are always beautiful! I'm going to have a hard time choosing!

Thank you again!

stuckinohio

George, got a nice Christmas present in the post office box today! Thank you again. BTW, the olive root burl casting pieces look incredible! Anxious to cast those :)

Attachments

• 20161224_201900.jpg
    20161224_201900.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 206

robutacion

George, got a nice Christmas present in the post office box today! Thank you again. BTW, the olive root burl casting pieces look incredible! Anxious to cast those :)

Thank you for letting me know of the parcel arrival.

Yes, those Olive burl pieces are the best pieces I had and yes, I'm also looking forwards to see some of them into pens, that is going to be just nice...!:biggrin:

Enjoy your day,

Cheers
George

robutacion

I got my blanks today and they look awesome. Thanks a million and merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure mate, no problem...!

I can not say that Australia Post shipping services are bad and or not trusting however, and for this time of the year, lots of extra personnel and other services are added to cope with the huge volume of mail going and coming so, and as a result, International parcels have had some added speed that is always noticeable and appreciated, a good example was of a small padded envelope (250gr.) was posted from here on the 19/12 and delivered to its UK destination on the 24/12. I should remember you all that, I used "Economy" option on all these parcels (UK, Canada and USA) that is the slowest option and one that Australia Post claim to take 14 working days to most International destinations so, for the "small" charge of this service, we are all getting very good results all year around but a little better this time of the year.

Some people tend to think that, the extra costs involved with adding all these extra services and people by A. P. are a loss that they take to deal with the mail volume however, that is not really the case and only makes sense, those costs are spread throughout the year in things like stamps, stationary/usable's costs, and small increases in the costs of mailing, nationally and internationally, I believe is better to have it done this way, hurts less however, Australia Post as a good reputation and I'm most grateful that they accepted my application for a cash account with them not being a "business", where the only advantage is the lowest international shipping rates my contract offers that contrary to most other contract recipients pocket the savings charging the regular public shipping costs while I pass on all those savings to those that purchase blanks from me.

Anyway, we are all different, huh...?:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Jdubfudge

The package arrived faster than expected. I'm not using these for any presents so speed wasn't my priority. But it did arrive faster than expected. Now I have to buy some more kits, haha.

It sounds like AP is similar to our USPS. Many guys complain that the tracking and speed isn't as good as FedEx or UPS. But Ihve always had the same service, as any package can get lost in the mail or stolen off a front porch.

With me being in the military, on some things I like to support public entities over private. So I do prefer USPS.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom