Mr. Anonymous Game #36 @ 15/11/2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Oh mate, I can tell you that you know what that wood is, you may have forgotten and have been thrown out after I keeping saying that the guesses are incorrect, you and many other are going to kick yourselves when I divulge what it is.

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is/are, what...!

OK peoples,

Before I make the official post with the name of the winner or winners:eek:, I want you to have a look at the original pics from where that slab was cut from, back in August 2009. I know that I have these pics posted on IAP but I don't remember were nor I could find any thread on my list but that doesn't change the fact that, the pics are self-explanatory as to the Wood species and from where in the tree this slab come from.

The correct answer is "Olive tree species", there are only 2 people on this game that mentioned "Olive", the fist guess said Olive root, and I said that it was incorrect because, it is, wood from roots and trunks are very different and the slab was cut from the trunk as seen in the pics.

The second guess to mention Olive says #21 Majestic Olive, now Majestic Olive is a name I gave to high-grade Olive wood from the tree trunk and while this answer has a very direct correlation to the question I asked, it still failed to say Olive tree or Olive which I would accept as correct also.

So, who do you think has provided the correct answer...?

Let us all know...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• PIC07033.JPG
    PIC07033.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 152
  • PIC07038.JPG
    PIC07038.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 165
  • PIC07042.JPG
    PIC07042.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 166
  • PIC07043.JPG
    PIC07043.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 168

alankulwicki7

Well since Edgar has already won like 107 of your contests I think it would only be fair to throw the rest of us losers in a random drawing and choose a winner from there. But I'm not sure that would really happen so congrats, Edgar!

robutacion

Well since Edgar has already won like 107 of your contests I think it would only be fair to throw the rest of us losers in a random drawing and choose a winner from there. But I'm not sure that would really happen so congrats, Edgar!

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your suggestion, I reckon it has lost of merit and I would not have any problem in doing it if the circumstances were different, that would also be very unfair to one other member that played this game and that I'm getting ready to award him so, keep tuned and you will see what I will do.

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is/are, what...! (2)

Alright folks, I made some contacts and this is my decision.

In my view Edgar had a better/more accurate guess than Jeff, I wish one of them had said "Olive tree" instead so and as a result, and because is almost Christmas, I was going to award double prizes to Edgar and Jeff however, Edgar had contacted me and said that, if he was going to be awarded with a prize that, he would like to give it to 2 new members of his discretion ($50.00 each), a very admirable gesture from Egdar, thanks mate.

So, there will be 3 very happy people to get some prizes, Jeff with 1 x $100.00 gift voucher and 2 other $50.00 gift vouchers for 2 new IAP members.

Edgar has mentioned to me that, awarding new members with prizes may encourage them and other new members to start participation in these game, I would love to see that happening, also...!

To the winners please, take note of the blanks selection criteria requested as a games condition, thank you.

For everyone else that once again has participated in these games, thank you very much, you are all very welcome.

Cheers
George

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A great solution, George.

My guess of #21 Majestic Olive was thrown out there more as a hint than a serious guess. It was obvious to me that George was looking for olive or olive tree by post #15 (he did specifically ask for the wood spiecies, not the particular item on his timbers list). However, after another 2 days & another 30 posts, no one had made an olive guess, so I chimed in, thinking that it might encourage someone else to make an olive wood guess.

Anyway, since George decided to award a prize to me in this game, I will split it between the two new members who participated in this game who joined IAP during 2016. These two members are SnazzyPenz and Hopco.

Congratulations to SnazzyPenz and Hopco - you will each receive a $50 voucher from George's Bits of Timber that you can redeem as described in the first post of this game. I have also asked George to send me the bill for your shipping charges for up to $50 worth of merchandise (if you want to order more than $50 of merchandise, you will be responsible for the additional cost & the additional shipping costs).

Congratulations also to Jeff (Skelton2014) on your prize award. Sorry pal, but you'll have to take care of your own shipping costs.:)

Wow! Thank you guys. I can't even begin to say how much I appreciate that. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to identify them as well as Edgar. I doubt it, but hopefully.:biggrin: Thanks to both for the generous gifts and Thank you George, for going beyond what the contest called for. I hope I can do the blanks the justice they deserve.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Wow! Thank you guys. I can't even begin to say how much I appreciate that. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to identify them as well as Edgar. I doubt it, but hopefully.:biggrin: Thanks to both for the generous gifts and Thank you George, for going beyond what the contest called for. I hope I can do the blanks the justice they deserve.

LOL! My wood ID skills are really not very good - I've just learned a little about how George thinks in the last 3 years & how to read between the lines in his clues. Have fun - you'll be getting some very nice blanks.

robutacion

Well, firstly I would like to let you guys know that Jeff (Skeleton2014) is unwell with some flu/influenza for this past 10 days and this justifies his inability to spend much time on IAP on particularly as a follow-up to this game.

He also had made the decision to donate his prize to another 2 new IAP members and therefore follow the same steps Edgar made to which I'm sure we all appreciate and applaud so, thanks Jeff, I shell make your wish come through.

I'm not sure if Jell will be able to provide me with 2 new members names, I'm waiting for his reply so, either way, I will announce the 2 new winners as soon as I have that info.

We should not forget of who is behind all of this and how his generosity and good heart is becoming spread all over IAP, these simple acts of kindness are the very soul of what Mr. Anonymous envisage with his donation/sponsorship to ALL IAP members, I'm his ambassador and in charge of running these games, I hope we can all make him proud, thank's Mr Anonymous.:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

G'day Mate,

Welcome to the Mr. Anonymous games winners list.

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to participate in these games, you will find that IAP family has lots of generous and kind people apart their expertise in the Pen turning world so, while you're here to learn and share you work, remember that very regularly, I run these games that you and any other new member is also most welcome to participate, it gives great pleasure to see new names venturing into these games and be in the draw for great prizes

"Paying forwards" is something that you will see a lot on IAP, one day you will be in the position to make your contributions and keep the spirit alive.

Take care

Cheers
George

G'day Mate,

I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to participate in these games, you will find that IAP family has lots of generous and kind people apart their expertise in the Pen turning world so, while you're here to learn and share you work, remember that very regularly, I run these games that you and any other new member is also most welcome to participate, it gives great pleasure to see new names venturing into these games and be in the draw for great prizes

"Paying forwards" is something that you will see a lot on IAP, one day you will be in the position to make your contributions and keep the spirit alive.

Take care

Cheers
George

Thank you, George.
You're certainly right about the "paying it forward" here. In the short time that I've been hanging around here, I've seen it many times already. Tons of friendly people and the amount of experience and helpfulness is absolutely amazing. Being a new turner, I certainly hope that I get the chance to share my experiences as time goes on and getting to do a bunch of "paying it forward". :)

Thanks again and cheers to you as well.
David

P.S. Be sure to give Jeff our best and hope to hear of him getting to feeling better.

robutacion

G'day Mate,

Take care

Cheers
George

Thank you, George.
You're certainly right about the "paying it forward" here. In the short time that I've been hanging around here, I've seen it many times already. Tons of friendly people and the amount of experience and helpfulness is absolutely amazing. Being a new turner, I certainly hope that I get the chance to share my experiences as time goes on and getting to do a bunch of "paying it forward". :)

Thanks again and cheers to you as well.
David

P.S. Be sure to give Jeff our best and hope to hear of him getting to feeling better.

David,

You're most welcome...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Attention to all new IAP members...!

G'day peoples,

I haven't heard from Jeff yet so, I assumed that he ain't feeling that well which is a shame however, and following his request, I have 2 x AU$50.00 gift vouchers to give away so, if you have joined IAP in the last 6 months, this is your turn to get some free blanks from me, sponsored by Mr. Anonymous

The first 2 new members names that joined IAP in these last 6 months, will be the awarded pair of AU$50.00 each to be claimed at my web-store...!

Be quick, free blanks don't come up often. Please remember that, you will have to pay for the shipping to have what you selected, be sent to you.

Best of luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

G'day peoples,

I haven't heard from Jeff yet so, I assumed that he ain't feeling that well which is a shame however, and following his request, I have 2 x AU$50.00 gift vouchers to give away so, if you have joined IAP in the last 6 months, this is your turn to get some free blanks from me, sponsored by Mr. Anonymous

The first 2 new members names that joined IAP in these last 6 months, will be the awarded pair of AU$50.00 each to be claimed at my web-store...!

Be quick, free blanks don't come up often. Please remember that, you will have to pay for the shipping to have what you selected, be sent to you.

Best of luck...!

Cheers
George

Well, has been 9 days since Jeff (Skelton2014) had gratefully offered his AU$100.00 game prize to 2 new IAP members, 2 x AU$50.00 Gift vouchers but, no one come forwards to claim them and as a result and to be fair on Jeff, I will revert his offer and provide the AU$100.00 gift voucher back to him.

I'm a bit disappointed that no one had claimed this vouchers, free money doesn't come along that often but, Jeff's sentiment has no less value in my books...!

Cheers
George

Jdubfudge

I'd be very interested. I'm new to the forums and just earlier today I was thinking to myself how nice it would be to have some wood from Australia, as I'd like to do a four corners of the world type thing.

Is the offer still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robutacion

I'd be very interested. I'm new to the forums and just earlier today I was thinking to myself how nice it would be to have some wood from Australia, as I'd like to do a four corners of the world type thing.

Is the offer still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Jason but the opportunity has passed.

If you participate in any of my future games also known as Mr. Anonymous games, you can have your wish of having some Australia blanks fulfilled, in the mean time and if you don't want to wait for that winning chance, you are most welcome to have a look at my web-store (address on signature bellow) and order anything you like.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom