Mr. Anonymous Game #35 @ 20/10/2016

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day folks,

Here I am again, for another game and see who is the lucky winner, this time.

I had 2 possible questions options for this game, I can only use one at the time so, at the last minute, I decided to take some pics of the material in question.

I have indeed turned it today, just for this game, I have 5 more of the same that were cut from a bigger blank, there is absolutely no CA on this blank, the finish is no more than 4 fine sanding grits and then Novus 2 as the polishing paste.

The blanks show various resin colours and some aluminium flakes that look like dust on the surface but, is not.

My question is this;

What is the material I used in this casting, apart from the resin and pigments...??

I would like to remind you all of the new conditions I introduced on game #32 and that, is what actually the gift voucher amount will be spent on, and allow the actual winners to make their own choices. The only RULE that I ask you all to respect is that I allow each 1/3 of the value amount (AU$100.00) to be used on the selection of blanks/packs between the 3 main blanks types I make/sell, there is, raw/natural wood blanks, stabilized blanks/packs and Resifills (cast blanks), this means basically that you can select 1/3 of each type or all raw/natural blanks but never the voucher amount of all stabilized or Resifill blanks, I hope this has come clear if not, let me know...!

A voucher code will be sent by PM or email to the winner that will use it to put his/her's order, any freight/shipping is not included in the prize/voucher so, you will be requested at checkout to pay for posting.

Note: One guesse per post and a maximum of 3 guesses sets per member so, pick well...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 267

robutacion

And the winner is...!

Hi peoples,

It seems that you folks run out of options and I'm most surprised that only one person guessed it correctly and that was djrljr congratulations mate, your very first post on this game was spot-on...!:wink::biggrin:

The correct answer was "Coconut fibers", I said it comes from a tree and that has hairs well, the fibers in a coconut function as hairs around the fruit.

I have also given a clue when I mention that I had 5 more blanks that I cut from a bigger casting block I made and looking at the pics, is obvious that the blank is shorter than the regular pen blank so, only could be from an e-cig/vapor blank I made some time ago.

In fact, the game #30 not that far ago, based on the various blanks I made from a coconut tree and out of the 3 pics I show so that each type would be identified, pic 3 was made with this exact type material, just a single resin colour.:biggrin:

Congratulations Don, you just won an AU$100.00 voucher to be claimed at my web-store

Please remember to read the blanks selection criteria on the first game post that I specify as a request, thank you.

As for everyone else, as always thank you very much for your participation, I saw some new names on this game and that was great, thank you.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

gimpy

Thanks George, One of these days I'll manage to win one of your games......

Well, you know the deal, you have to be in it to win it, that's what the folks say in this neck of the woods...!

Cheers
George

Dang Gimpy, and we didn't even get a participation trophy..... :biggrin:

Well, that would have been nice :)......But in the long run we have George, He does a fantastic job with the games.......One of these days we'll win :wink:

Don Rabchenuk

My order from this contest came in today. Thank You, for offering us this opportunity at some very nice wood ( my wife tells me smells yummy???). I can hardly wait to see what I can do with it.

Thanks again, Don

Top Bottom