4-hand.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 162

robutacion

1. Kunga palm
2. Peat Block
3. palm kernel
4. husk

Hi Kelly,

Any particular reason why you are adding species names when I already confirmed that, Coconut Palm is the correct answer...??

The other issue that I saw coming was, the various names these products may have or known in your country, reason why I requested that product names to be given as per the names used in Australia, I even invited you all to, speak a little Aussie :)

So, I'm specifically looking for names I can recognise and that are used to mark these products, here in Australia, this was clearly specified on post #31

I have done a quick search on "Coconut by-products" and they are all there, you just needed to open some images and see the names they had.

I've got a winner, I need to announce it..!

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...???

OK peoples, time to wrap this one up...!

I'm going to make it easier for everyone and I'm going to ask you, who do you think that, has the best answer...???

Now, the correct answers are;

*1- Coconut Palm tree

*2- Coir peat brick

*3- Crushed coconut husk

*4- Coconut fibers

Who of you all, think that gave me the closest guess..??

Please come forwards...!:)

Now, is my turn to wait, time zones causes this but, it's OK by me...!

Cheers
George

southernclay

A lot of close ones, I'm thinking Avi though. Either way it goes Avi cool to see you jumping right in and being a fierce competitor! I believe we have another George/Mr A contest junky on our hands!

Sappheiros

A lot of close ones, I'm thinking Avi though. Either way it goes Avi cool to see you jumping right in and being a fierce competitor! I believe we have another George/Mr A contest junky on our hands!

Fingers crossed over here! I took a plant biology class once upon a time and it brought back memories of plant/tree identifications. That was for a grade, though. I had a lot of fun! I wasn't meaning to get so competitive but the excitement snuck up on me!

robutacion

And the winner is...?

Sorry form the slight delay, I lost all my Google Chrome info I had, and because it is the Browser I have been using for years, all my sites and links saved have dissapeared so, I'm struggling to find out what happened and how to get it all back.

Yes Avi, you are the winner of this game, I want everyone to take closer look at my repeated suggestions that, I was looking for the answer with the most correct terms used in Australia for the products in question.

There are a few answers that, may have an identical meaning to what the names these products have in other countries and while that don't make the answer totally incorrect, doesn't make it correct for what I said, I was after so, sorry all other participants, I had to made a clear definition of what I was after to avoid possible confusions and as everyone has seen, only Avi (Sappheiros) has given me, as everyone has saw, the closest answers to what I was after, and that is that.

With that said, I would be lying if I wouldn't admit that, I was hopping that someone new would take the prize, and those that know me know that, is not the prizes that matter but much more, how the game is played and how much excitement people have by playing them and how it may attract new participants, that is what I'm after.

Sappheiros seem to have taken these games with lots of tenacity and while he had some "stiff" competition, that didn't deter him from keep getting guesses coming so, my congratulations to you and welcome to my games...!

Apart from that, one other aspect that I take quite seriously on these games is the "learning" and or gaining info that would otherwise never be looked upon, all has to do with the main aspect of what I do, and that is, the utilization of natural resources, and have a go at new things.

There is not much more to say, I thank you all for participating and all you "old foxes" you have now another fierce competitor to deal with, I only hope that I could get more new people having a go...!

Thank you very much...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Great game, George & congratulations Avi.

I enjoyed just spectating on this one.:) a

Hahahah Edgar, I have notice that mate...!

Did you know of all those Palm tree species, out there, I betcha most folks didn't realized that so, we learn a little everyday, huh...???

And yes, congrats to Avi, I reckon he watched very closely other of these previous games, he certainly had some tricks up his sleeve, huh...???

It was certainly fun and one thing that most folks may not be aware of is that, out of the 3 products I used on those blanks, the one that has the most work done to it is the coconut hard shell or the Coir peat brick, so much so that, the material is so compressed into that small brick size that, the recommendation usage is, to fill a regular wheel barrow with water and then throw the brick in there and let it soak for an hour or so, the brick material make the full size barrow look like cement in its consistency and its used as fertilizer for some soils so, that gives you an idea of how compress that thing is.

I has a couple of people asking me, if this stuff expands so much in contact with water/liquid, how did I manage to stabilized it and maintain its original volume/size...???

A great question and one that will be also applicable to the Coconut Husk compressed chips, the large block about 16" x 8" square come squeezed in some very strong plastic wrapping, cutting the plastic open will make the block to grow in size, considerably, that also was stabilized and some with color (red, blue, etc.), the process to maintaining the products original size or, prevent it from expansion and complete disintegration, is to use some of the gibrock mesh tape, used to prevent the gap between the sheets to open and also the use of some non elastic string that maintains the bundle together, only after cooked (setting the Cactus Juice) the mesh and string is removed.

It can be done...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 147

Krash

I'm going to make it easier for everyone and I'm going to ask you, who do you think that, has the best answer...???

*1- Coconut Palm tree

*2- Coir peat brick

*3- Crushed coconut husk

*4- Coconut fibers

Cheers
George

It seems to me these were the first 3 guesses that identified the material. The first 2 didn't name the Aussie equivalent whereas Avi nailed it in post #76.

66 - Krash
1. Coconut palm
2. coir fiber compressed Peat
3. palm kernel
4. husk

72 – Warren
Coconut palm
Coco Peat
Palm kernel
Husk/Coir

76 – Avi
1. Coconut palm
2. Coir peat brick
3. Husk
4. Coconut fibre

Great game George!

Sappheiros

Thanks everyone, especially George! I had a lot of fun!

I did look on during the last game, but for the wood identification, I thought I was too fresh. I've started learning some woods, but I'm still a newbie! I didn't think there could be so many palm trees, but I was wrong. I found a couple websites that discussed palm trees which either grow in Australia or are good for growing in Australia. I also looked for the coconut products by googling "Australian hardware store" and "Australian gardening supplies." It's actually quite funny. When thinking about my first guess, I was going to say coconut palm (when I thought that peat brick was actually a wood block since my eyes saw woodgrain where there wasn't!).

robutacion

*1- Coconut Palm tree

*2- Coir peat brick

*3- Crushed coconut husk

*4- Coconut fibers

Cheers
George

It seems to me these were the first 3 guesses that identified the material. The first 2 didn't name the Aussie equivalent whereas Avi nailed it in post #76.

66 - Krash
1. Coconut palm
3. palm kernel
4. husk

72 – Warren
Coconut palm
Coco Peat
Palm kernel
Husk/Coir

76 – Avi
1. Coconut palm
2. Coir peat brick
3. Husk
4. Coconut fibre

Great game George!

Yes Kelly, those were my thoughts exactly and reason why I kept stressing the fact that, I was looking for the "terms"/names use in Australia for those products. I could see that some of you, had identified the 3 products, among the posts after the Coconut tree species was identified as the correct species.

Yes, I also believe, it was a great game...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Thanks everyone, especially George! I had a lot of fun!

I did look on during the last game, but for the wood identification, I thought I was too fresh. I've started learning some woods, but I'm still a newbie! I didn't think there could be so many palm trees, but I was wrong. I found a couple websites that discussed palm trees which either grow in Australia or are good for growing in Australia. I also looked for the coconut products by googling "Australian hardware store" and "Australian gardening supplies." It's actually quite funny. When thinking about my first guess, I was going to say coconut palm (when I thought that peat brick was actually a wood block since my eyes saw woodgrain where there wasn't!).

Eyes do play tricks, sometimes and I can in other occasions make it a bit tricky and not so obvious so, attention to details is a good thing and can help you in some of my games, other times, ain't make any difference.

The great thing is that, you learnt something new and even some of the Aussie terms, not as obvious as "g'day mate...!" huh...??:biggrin:

The only thing you need to do next is to Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au AU$29.00 for shipping and wait a couple of weeks, you may receive it just before Christmas, will see.

Cheers
George

alankulwicki7

*1- Coconut Palm tree

*2- Coir peat brick

*3- Crushed coconut husk

*4- Coconut fibers

Cheers
George

66 - Krash
1. Coconut palm
3. palm kernel
4. husk

72 – Warren
Coconut palm
Coco Peat
Palm kernel
Husk/Coir

76 – Avi
1. Coconut palm
2. Coir peat brick
3. Husk
4. Coconut fibre

Great game George!

Yes Kelly, those were my thoughts exactly and reason why I kept stressing the fact that, I was looking for the "terms"/names use in Australia for those products. I could see that some of you, had identified the 3 products, among the posts after the Coconut tree species was identified as the correct species.

Yes, I also believe, it was a great game...!

Cheers
George

This was a tough one and I thought I had a chance but it was not meant to be. I searched quite a bit after reading the clues and found some websites with different terms all describing the same thing. Since these sites had an 'AU' after them, I figured that would be enough. I guess it wasn't :eek:

That's ok. I had fun playing as usual and look forward to the next game!

Congrats, Avi. You'll love the blanks!

1080Wayne

Don`t know about you guys , but I couldn`t get the old song out of my head on this game

`Oh , I`ve got a loverly bunch of coconuts
Here they are all standing in a row
Big ones , small ones , some as big as your head
Give them a twist , a flick of your wrist
That`s what the showman said `

Congratulations Avi , you have all of the coconuts now . You definitely will like what George sends you . And yes George , I did learn more about palm trees , and the products made therefrom .

Skewer

Congrats, Avi. Thanks for the game, George. I don't think I've ever heard of a coir peat brick, and would have never guessed.

Top Bottom