Mr. Anonymous Game #30 @ 7/12/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

This will be the last Mr A. game for 2015, lots more to come in 2016...!

The subject of my question today, is all about a particular species of "wood" I have in my timbers list, and also one that had produced blanks that have become quite famous through the years, such as the Palm root Resifills.

I'm talking about the #31 Palm species that, you would know, there are many subspecies, some that produce "fruit", others that don't. Let's just say that, a couple of months ago, I have decided to make a few NEW blanks for the world of e-cig mods (vaping) and that, I may endup doing some as pen blanks but that, will be later.

The reason for looking for new materials was due to the fact that, I have a considerable demand for those Palm root Resifills in the e-cig mod sizes, I have made about 60 using the last palm root I had and since, people are going crazy about them but, I don't have any left and my searching for some more as declined, since I stopped looking and cutting trees, I do however, have a few requests with a couple of the be big tree people, around this area and, they know exactly what I'm after, in case if they come across any Palms of the correct species that produce this type root "skirt".

So, I needed something that could resemble the Palm root I use, I don't think that, is nothing out there that can be identical but, I was happy to find something that could offer some resemblance.

I have found lots of new materials but, the ones part of this game are all materials (3) that come from certain species of Palm trees. Only one did satisfy me as a Palm root replacement for now, the other 2 materials, one is almost as hard as cement when stabilised and the other, well...! it may need some extra work to make itmore attractive.

I will be showing one blank of each material/type, all coming from the same tree and the questions are the following;

*1- What Palm tree species, have these 3 products/materials come from..??

*2- Identify the material on blank 1 (one)..?

*3- Identify the material on blank 2 (two)..?

*4- Identify the material on blank 3 (three)..?

Winner needs to answer all 4 questions (any order)

Winner get a AU$100.00 prize value of pen blanks from my stables.

Winner is requested to pay AU$29.00 shipping for 1.5kg weight parcel.

So folks, lets see who comes up first, with the correct answers...!

Best of luck.

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 227

robutacion

Well, well, everyone is so quiet...!

Na, no one got even close, this Palm tree species do produce fruit and are fairly common in some countries and locations.

Its fruit is yummy and consumed by many people, including myself...!

So, what is it...???

PS: I just did a Google search on "Palm tree species images", it's there...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Interesting answers but, none is correct, sorry.

None of the materials I use are from the Palm root, bark or fuzzy fronds (had to google it, had no idea what it meant).

You are going to be all amazed when I tell or someone guesses what it is...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Ok folks, no one got it right yet, not the complete answers I'm after so, I'm going to give you all, a big hint...!

Yes, the Palm species is the Coconut Palm tree so, revealing this, the answers will be a lot easier however, I want you to use Aussie language, there is, I don't know exactly what these Coconut tree Palm products names are in other languages and while, Australia is a English spoken country, I can only identify and validate the guesses, if you use the name these products have in most of the stores.

This is not as difficult as you may think, I have seen you guys do great searches on a lot more difficult issues so, that is that...!

Now, who is going to be first...????

Oh, Oh...! did I say that, the winner will get the AU$100.00 worth of blanks and, a Christmas gift from me/us...???

I wish that I could do the same to every IAP member but, that is not possible so, one person will be glad he/she did participate on this game.

Cheers
George

Top Bottom