Mr. Anonymous Game #3 @ 19/8/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples

Lets get game #3 on its way and this one should be easy...!

In the pic attached, are some stabilized jumbo blanks that were part (only some) of an order I got from Sweden, a few weeks back.

The question is, how many wood species are represented in the picture, and what are they...? Timber numbers or timber species, is OK...!

And the winner(s) get...., na, I'm not going to say, will be a surprise...!:eek::confused::)

Winner(s) will pay the shipping/freight costs, for international members, that will be AU$13.00 (500gr parcel), while members within Australia, will pay AU$8.25 (lucky Aussies, huh...???)

That's an easy one guys and gals, lets give it a go...!

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 001z.jpg
    001z.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Bottlebrush
Amboyna Burl
Tortuosa Willow
and some leftovers from your worthless wood casting experiment

Krash

or ...

Tortuosa Willow
Golden Wattle
Golden Wattle Spalted

Bottlebrush

So, how many woods, do you thing I have in that pics??? 4, 5 ???

You just have a "thing" for Willows, don't you...???:wink::biggrin:

Lets just say that, there are less than 3 wood species in there...!:eek::confused:

Cheers
George

Last edited by a moderator:

robutacion

And the winner is...???

Hi peoples,

Not a lot of participation and I wonder why, it may make the new members unfamiliar with my woods less interested in having a go but, you don't always have to get it right to win something, just participation, can get you some pretty pen blanks, in any way, I take is as it comes...!:)

Yes, I was deliberately tricking you to thing that, the pic was showing more than one wood species but, this was not the case with these batch of blanks, they were are stabilized #33B Tortuosa Willow burl, from a a small chunk I had, deciding to cut them all at the same size (Jumbo size @ 1" x 1" x 6" long") and make a few extras so that the person that ordered some, could select from a few more than the quantity originally requested...!

The only person that provided the correct answer was glenspens however, I have Kelly (Krash) trying very hadr, again and this time, I'm prepared to accept his answer on post #5, after he recognised the possibility that I was a bit tricky...!:wink::biggrin: so Kelly, you got it this time, on your own merits...!:)

OK so, both of you can have 500gr. of blanks from me, which blanks you may ask...??? well, 2 options I'm offering on this game;

*- 1) Of the blanks on the pic, there varnished stabilized blanks available are, 1 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 10 - 11 and the 4 stabilized blanks on the top raw, they need casting, a couple may get away with small localised filling, depending upon you endup making with them, remember that they are 1" square x 6" long. They are about 100gr. each (10 in total)...!

*- 2) You get 1 x pack or normal pen blanks size, stabilised as the ones in the pic and a pack of 4 other wood RAW blanks, of my choice (some unusual stuff...!:wink:)

You only pay for the shipping @ AU$13.00...!

Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au and please add "Game #3" on the payment description, fort easier identification...!

Congratulations to the winners and my thank you, to all that participated...!

PS: Sorry Cmiles1985, your answer was a little late for this time, as I had actually closed the game this afternoon and made this post but some how, it didn't post/send or I did something wrong. I left home immediately after I wrote the last post, and only now, I got back and realise that the post was still not sent...!:confused: I will be bugged If I know...!:frown:
Next time...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Krash

George!!! You da man! You da sneaky man!

I really appreciate the bone! :dog:

I'll PM you with my choice and paypal you some shipping moola so it can fly my way! :airplane:

Next time you're in town, I'll buy you a beer .... :beer::bananen_smilies046:

Thanks also to Mr. Anonymous for his support of wood turning fun!!!!

robutacion

George!!! You da man! You da sneaky man!

I really appreciate the bone! :dog:

I'll PM you with my choice and paypal you some shipping moola so it can fly my way! :airplane:

Next time you're in town, I'll buy you a beer .... :beer::bananen_smilies046:

Thanks also to Mr. Anonymous for his support of wood turning fun!!!!

Not a problem Kelly, you have been working hard for it so, you got it this time...!:wink:

While we all can get a little fun playing, all is OK, huh...???

Yes, thanks to Mr. Anonymous, for sponsoring these games...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Hi peoples

Lets get game #3 on its way and this one should be easy...!

In the pic attached, are some stabilized jumbo blanks that were part (only some) of an order I got from Sweden, a few weeks back.

Cheers
George

Thanks for telling us the source of your wood George . Now I just have to remember to tell my customers that the wood in their pens was from Sweden , not Australia as I had thought !!

Krash

So, this wasn't a correct guess? :rolleyes:

huuummmmmm ..... :befuddled:

It was definitely a LUCKY guess!!!!!

Or this could be a trick question and all these could be just Tortuosa willow. :confused:

Yes, I was deliberately tricking you to thing that, the pic was showing more than one wood species but, this was not the case with these batch of blanks, they were are stabilized #33B Tortuosa Willow burl ....

The only person that provided the correct answer was glenspens however, I have Kelly (Krash) trying very hadr, again and this time, I'm prepared to accept his answer on post #5, after he recognised the possibility that I was a bit tricky...!:wink::biggrin: so Kelly, you got it this time, on your own merits...!:)

Last edited:

robutacion

So, this wasn't a correct guess? :rolleyes:

huuummmmmm ..... :befuddled:

It was definitely a LUCKY guess!!!!!

Or this could be a trick question and all these could be just Tortuosa willow. :confused:

Yes, I was deliberately tricking you to thing that, the pic was showing more than one wood species but, this was not the case with these batch of blanks, they were are stabilized #33B Tortuosa Willow burl ....

Stop being confused mate, the order I had from Sweden was to cut and stabilized some of my #33 Tortuosa Willow burl into 1" square x 6" long, H only wanted 4 or 5 blanks but I made a few extras utilising all the burl I had on that small chunk of wood.

Your reference to the Tortuosa Willow, was an indirect answer and not a direct one, you insinuated that it could be.... and not committed to answer as you definitive choice so, in other circumstances, your uncommitted suggestion, could possibly not count...!

With all this said, these games are here to created some fun, awareness of some of my work and promote Australian woods, going a step further and continue the work/dream of Mr. Anonymous and some of his very special friends, the message is simple, share a little, be generous...!:)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Krash

You are correct George! It was definitely an indirect, offhand comment that I meant in jest never really thinking I might have hit the nail on the head! Like they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes! :hypnotized:

I gotta be more decisive! :question:

:good: I'll get right on it .... maybe tomorrow! :biggrin:

robutacion

Prizes packed, ready to go...!

Hi peoples...!

I normally don't take pics of the prizes in the boxes, before they are posted but this time, I decided to show them and give a friendly piece of advice to everybody, my prizes aren't rubbish, left overs, rejects or anything that I want to get rid-of, the contrary is the truth, I'm providing the best I make and have from end to end so, lets make that very clear...!:)

I'm pleased that Mr. Anonymous have gave me full control of how his funds are distributed among all IAP members, there is, the ones that accept to participate in these games and while I'm avoiding to introduce any rules, I will be looking for anything that will become a problems, such as, the same person getting far too many prizes, and participation based on the "KNOWN" value of the prizes so, I will make sure that many of these games, will have no discloser of what the prize will be, to safeguard the friendly participation spirit, these games/donations are/is about...!

I would like to see new members participating, and based to the fact that, my games are an introduction to every wood species I have in my "timbers list", plus all the other blanks I make. Is only reasonable to accept that, new members are not familiar with my blanks, raw or otherwise so, I need to consider asking questions that they will have a chance to answer/know therefore, encouraging them to participate and have a chance at the prizes, as at the moment, they are truly disadvantaged, and I apologise for that, I promise, I will change that very soon...!:wink::biggrin:

OK, now that is out, lets talk about the pic attached...!

There are 2 identical boxes, both just within the weight limit of 500gr. Each contain a pre-selected and already listed on my new web-store, pack of #33 Tortuosa Willow burl stabilized full size pen blanks, plus 2 raw blanks of each species #14 and #15, both cut in diagonal, just a few days ago (wood is dry).

These are 2 of my preferred woods to work with, and match every-time possible, these are what I call, a match made in Haven...!:wink:

Both winners get the exact same packed, I don't know which as they had no names when I took the pic so, I can't tell who gets which but, I don't think that matter much, huh...???:)

Remember, the game or the blanks/wood related to the questions, may no look much but, there is a good chance that, the prize has nothing to do with the wood shown/used on that game, maybe yes and maybe not so, keep guessing, you will only be with a chance to win an amazing prize, if you are so king and be willing to participate/have a go, capish...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 100_0002.JPG
    100_0002.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 183

Krash

Thanks so much George for running this contest with the generous support from Mr. Anonymous.

Mr. Anonymous + Mr. Magnanimous = Awesomeness!

Maybe a good rule would be if you win one, you have to skip the next one. If you want to play to add your guess to help others, that's fine.

:biggrin:

robutacion

Thanks so much George for running this contest with the generous support from Mr. Anonymous.

Mr. Anonymous + Mr. Magnanimous = Awesomeness!

Maybe a good rule would be if you win one, you have to skip the next one. If you want to play to add your guess to help others, that's fine.

:biggrin:

G'day,

Well, when I was covering all the costs of my games, before Mr. Anonymous started sponsoring my games, the rule I had was that, a winner would have to wait 90 days, before he or she could be awarded with another prize however, I have always suggested that previous winners to continue to participate and play along, if the previous winner answer would endup being the only correct answer, the prize would go to the person with the closest answer, and I think that was fair.

But this time, I have bigger and more prizes to offer each week so, I'm trying to keep the damn rules to a minimum and concentrate on making these games happening every week, without much fuss or at least keep it to a minimum however, I have to make it also fair to everyone, new or old members and make sure, everyone get some prizes but for that to happen, I need a larger number of our members to participate, allowing less of the same people to participate and therefore, the same people to take all the prizes, and I don't think that anyone would see that as anything less than a bigger and better destruction of the donations...!

Came on IAP members, lets all give it a go, please...!:wink::biggrin:

Thank you,
Cheers
George

Krash

I get your point.

Maybe, because of the integrity of the IAP members, you could just leave it up to the people participating. For instance, since I was included in the winner's prize for Game #3, I will just voluntarily disqualify myself for Game #4. I still want to play .... too much fun trying to decypher your challenges not to .... but I will state that my guesses are provisional only and that others may use them however they want. It's still fun to see someone else benefit from your fantastic Bits 'O Timber!

robutacion

I get your point.

Maybe, because of the integrity of the IAP members, you could just leave it up to the people participating. For instance, since I was included in the winner's prize for Game #3, I will just voluntarily disqualify myself for Game #4. I still want to play .... too much fun trying to decypher your challenges not to .... but I will state that my guesses are provisional only and that others may use them however they want. It's still fun to see someone else benefit from your fantastic Bits 'O Timber!

Hi Kelly,

My apologies, I should have made clear that, I was not responding to you "specifically" but, more in a general way.

Yes, you have a good point, and one that I would prefer a lot better than any "intervention" I may be forced to take/make however, in more cases than not, working under some set of rules, is a lot less prone to get messy and out of weck, this is all good full, or it should be, I will try to make sure, it is but, I'm only human...!

I've got 60 weeks or so, to try all sorts of stuff/things, from questions types to degrees of difficulty and everything in between, I will try not to be too repetitive but, that's nearly 2 years of coming up with something different every week and sometimes, that may not be as easy as it seems, particularly when, my creativity, inspiration and imagination capabilities, are a little affected with some issues I'm dealing with at the moment so, I will continue to do the best I can do, despite the lack of "mojo":eek::frown:

I all evens up, in the end...! (so I hope.):)

Cheers
George

glenspens

blanks i got

pic 1&2 tortuosa / corkscrew willow pic 3&4 holly oak :cool:

thanks George

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 166
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 155

robutacion

Hey George ...

I thought you'd like to follow what I am doing with one of your blanks. After considering a lot of wood options, I decided to piece out some of your Holly Oak for a very special project that I wil donate for a great cause. BTW, that wood is really really nice! I can't wait to see the finish on it!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/ark-covenant-126089/

Yes Kelly,

I saw your thread yesterday and I commented on it...!

I hope you get the results you are after and from where I seat, you have a very good chance at that, your wood selection option was perfect, thank you for selecting one of mine...!

Cheers
George

Krash

Hey George ...

I thought you'd like to follow what I am doing with one of your blanks. After considering a lot of wood options, I decided to piece out some of your Holly Oak for a very special project that I wil donate for a great cause. BTW, that wood is really really nice! I can't wait to see the finish on it!

Yes Kelly,

I hope you get the results you are after and from where I seat, you have a very good chance at that, your wood selection option was perfect, thank you for selecting one of mine...!

Cheers
George

I don't see your comment on the thread but that's cool.

I am really enjoying your wood so far. Super top drawer quality stuff. You are going to spoil me!

I'll keep you posted on my application of your wares!

robutacion

Hey George ...

Yes Kelly,

Cheers
George

I don't see your comment on the thread but that's cool.

I am really enjoying your wood so far. Super top drawer quality stuff. You are going to spoil me!

I'll keep you posted on my application of your wares!

Hahahahah, look better my friend, post #18...!:wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom