Mr. Anonymous Game #28 @ 8/10/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

Bottle Brush Root, cross cut

Stabilized and dyed with different colors and epoxy resin cast.

Size is 50x68x105mm

Last edited:

Krash

Size is 58x80x105

Last edited:

Krash

This is all a WAG, :eek:

Bottle Brush Root,cross cut

Size is 59x80x125

Last edited:

Krash

Size is 50x68x125

Last edited:

Skeleton2014

I've always been confused by George but, in his last post, last sentence, he says there's no "funny business" done to the root... What you see is what you get when it is dry so, I'm further confused with everyone saying he stabilized them with "dye"???
I know there is quite a bit of variation in color NOT to assume they were dyed before casting. If you look at his Apricot Tree Wood/Ivy knife handle blanks on his web store, there was similar color variation in the Apricot. He says he "did not use any dye on the stabilization, as I wanted the raw material to look natural".
So, now I'm really confused... We're the roots in this game dyed or not dyed during the stabilization process?
I think you guys should all win based on your effort!
Jeff

By now, I'm way confused. Numbers flying everywhere. :confused:

robutacion

I've always been confused by George but, in his last post, last sentence, he says there's no "funny business" done to the root... What you see is what you get when it is dry so, I'm further confused with everyone saying he stabilized them with "dye"???
I know there is quite a bit of variation in color NOT to assume they were dyed before casting. If you look at his Apricot Tree Wood/Ivy knife handle blanks on his web store, there was similar color variation in the Apricot. He says he "did not use any dye on the stabilization, as I wanted the raw material to look natural".
So, now I'm really confused... We're the roots in this game dyed or not dyed during the stabilization process?
Jeff

Sorry Jeff, I didn't know I confuse you that much, is that a good or a bad thing...?

Lets clarify about the funny business I mentioned...!

There was a mention that I had done something with the bark and nothing was done to it, the root has a fine bark that I call outer skin that, stays attached if you are careful.

It was also mentioned the use of vinegar, etc., that was not the case so, I can consider normal procedures what I done with these blanks.

Every piece of wood I cast in resin, is properly stabilized so Yes, it is correct that, the wood was stabilized and was done so using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes.

The resin used is a new (to me) Epoxy 2/1 ration resin.

As for the sizes, sort of going everywhere but, there wasn't a single person with the correct combination or close enough on all the dimensions.

I can also say that, the numbers that make the correct measurements are, 59486...! Some numbers are repeated.:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

southernclay

Bottle Brush Root

Crosscut, stabilized and dyed using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes. :biggrin: Cast in Epoxy 2/1 ration resin.

Size is 98x64x55 mm

Last edited:

southernclay

Bottle Brush Root

Crosscut, stabilized and dyed using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes. :biggrin: Cast in Epoxy 2/1 ration resin.

Size is 86x64x55 mm

Krash

Stabilized with red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes and 2/1 epoxy resin cast.

Size is 95x64x58

Last edited:

Krash

Stabilized with red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes and 2/1 epoxy resin cast.

Size is 94x68x55

Last edited:

Krash

Size is 96x55x48

Last edited:

Krash

Size is 98x64x55

Last edited:

Skeleton2014

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, I didn't know I confuse you that much, is that a good or a bad thing...?

There was a mention that I had done something with the bark and nothing was done to it, the root has a fine bark that I call outer skin that, stays attached if you are careful.

It was also mentioned the use of vinegar, etc., that was not the case so, I can consider normal procedures what I done with these blanks.

Every piece of wood I cast in resin, is properly stabilized so Yes, it is correct that, the wood was stabilized and was done so using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes.

As for the sizes, sort of going everywhere but, there wasn't a single person with the correct combination or close enough on all the dimensions.

I can also say that, the numbers that make the correct measurements are, 59486...! Some numbers are repeated.:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Less confused... I think. Having never done any stabilization or casting of wood, I thought it was a multi step process. i.e. first stabilized in something clear then cast in your Alumalite/dye combo.
I believe I've mentioned it before (in PMs) that my thought processes are vastly differently from yours. This is not a bad thing. Your games and clues always lead to a one-of-kind learning experience!

One last guess:

Bottle Brush Root
Cross cut, stabilized using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes
98x64x55:)

Krash

Jeff

Cheers
George

Less confused... I think. Having never done any stabilization or casting of wood, I thought it was a multi step process. i.e. first stabilized in something clear then cast in your Alumalite/dye combo.
I believe I've mentioned it before (in PMs) that my thought processes are vastly differently from yours. This is not a bad thing. Your games and clues always lead to a one-of-kind learning experience!

One last guess:

Bottle Brush Root
Cross cut, stabilized using a combination of red, blue, green, yellow, and a mild black Alumilite dyes
98x64x55:)

Cast in 2/1 epoxy resin, right?:rolleyes:

We all knew what you meant Jeff!

Krash

Size is 95x68x54

Krash

Size is 94x65x58

Krash

Size is 96x58x45

Krash

Size is 98x65x54

robutacion

Guesses are closed...!

OK, OK, I close the game now so, no further guesses after this post will be accepted/count...!

We have a winner, and I'm most surprised that, there was so much confusion about the correct sizes of these shown blanks because, and as I mentioned on my OP, there are various sizes in these "mod" blanks. I believe that, a proper Google search on mod blanks sizes, there would be a couple that are mostly mentioned as the main size moder's like to use...!

I'm sure, everyone in on edge trying to work out who the winner is, I have however another surprise for you guys and that is, I will only announce the name of the winner, in 2 hours from now, as I have to go somewhere right now so, for those suffering from anxiety, relax, the worse is done, you can now rest and grab a coffee, tea or, the bottle, either one will be suitable...!

Will be back soon...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

And the winner is...???

Congratulations 1080Wayne, you did give the exact measurements I was after, 98x65x45mm...!

This is the "official" dimensions for 70% of the moder's out there, the stabilized blanks was 95x65x45mm and are now 100x65x45mm, similar thing happened to the Resifills in question, they are now started to be made at 100x65x45mm, also.

Considering the many numbers combinations given, there weren't many where the 45mm thickness was guessed, reason of my note on a previous post.

This game endup with the second part, becoming very interesting, I though that, for the prize I was offering and the number of people that were happy to give me the correct answer for the first part of the game, I considered appropriate to give everyone the chance to claim the price and the correct dimensions, endup being the target that, was not so crucial in the beginning.

Thank you to all that participated and that worked so hard to get the price, believe me, it was well worth it, in my view and I believe, the winner will agree, when he sees what he is getting...!:biggrin:

It was fun, thank you...!

PS: Wayne to pay AU$29.00 shipping, thanks

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

Well ! I am astounded ! I was totally baffled by your 1984 clue and am totally clueless on the e-cig thing so I had no idea what to search for . The camera perspective is deceiving also . The irony is that I`ve never even had a cigarette to my lips , and I win a contest partly based on knowledge of smoking /vaping .

Once again , my heartfelt thanks to you George , and to Mr Anonymous , for the entertainment and education you have provided . As I have a brush with one of the bottles of good homemade wine I acquired in exchange for a pen , I will drink a toast to you as I sit by my fireplace this winter . But I`m sorry , the pen was made from chokecherry , not one of your woods .

Way past bed time . Good night George , and all the best to you .

robutacion

Well ! I am astounded ! I was totally baffled by your 1984 clue and am totally clueless on the e-cig thing so I had no idea what to search for . The camera perspective is deceiving also . The irony is that I`ve never even had a cigarette to my lips , and I win a contest partly based on knowledge of smoking /vaping .

Once again , my heartfelt thanks to you George , and to Mr Anonymous , for the entertainment and education you have provided . As I have a brush with one of the bottles of good homemade wine I acquired in exchange for a pen , I will drink a toast to you as I sit by my fireplace this winter . But I`m sorry , the pen was made from chokecherry , not one of your woods .

Way past bed time . Good night George , and all the best to you .

Hahahah, Hi Wayne...!

Where in the heck did you see the 1984 clue...??? wasn't it 59486..??

Came on mate, was no need to be clueless about e-cigs or mods any Web search would be giving you plenty of info and the most funny thing was that, I could see the visitors count go out like crazy on my web-store, everyone was expecting to find these Resifill blanks listed and that would make it too easy or at least, would give the 3 main dimensions I work with but, there were none to be found and I just just imagine the frustration on some of you, sorry about that...!

I'm glad you had fun and by the way, I had a feeling that you would be having a special appointment with the bottle, I was right...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Krash

Hahahah, Hi Wayne...!

Cheers
George

It was your 1964 reference in post #73

In the length, well..., most are still short, the width has been the closest one, on some guesses.

It was 1964...!:confused::biggrin:

Cheers
George

I assumed that you meant that the correct width was in posts 19 and 64.

Way to stick with it Wayne! You deserve the win!

robutacion

Hahahah, Hi Wayne...!

Cheers
George

It was your 1964 reference in post #73

In the length, well..., most are still short, the width has been the closest one, on some guesses.

It was 1964...!:confused::biggrin:

Cheers
George

I assumed that you meant that the correct width was in posts 19 and 64.

Way to stick with it Wayne! You deserve the win!

Hahah Kelly, you take my hints to a whole new level, I never though of that but, is a good clue to use one next time, thanks.

Yes, the secret was being persistent, sooner or later, the numbers would come up right..!

Strange that, when Wayne mentioned 1964, I did only considered the number I provided on one of my last posts, I completely forgot about what I said on the post #73, I sure am getting worse, sorry..!:frown:

Is always a next time, huh...??

Cheers
George

Krash

This "clue" threw me also since the final answer was essentially "Cross Cut, dyed and Stabilized".

Bottle Brush Root
Cross Cut, dyed and Stabilized and resin cast.

Size is 130x42x32mm

OK so, what resin did I use, what else was done to the wood and what were those measurements, again...?

Cheers
George

It made me add
"Outside bark shaved down or smoothed" thinking you did something else besides "cross cut , stabilized in dyed cactus juice" which was the final answer.

I have learned to read your posts CLOSELY!!! :)

yes ... always next time!

Last edited:

southernclay

This "clue" threw me also since the final answer was essentially "Cross Cut, dyed and Stabilized".

Bottle Brush Root
Cross Cut, dyed and Stabilized and resin cast.

Size is 130x42x32mm

OK so, what resin did I use, what else was done to the wood and what were those measurements, again...?

Cheers
George

It made me add
"Outside bark shaved down or smoothed" thinking you did something else besides "cross cut , stabilized in dyed cactus juice" which was the final answer.

I have learned to read your posts CLOSELY!!! :)

yes ... always next time!

Threw me off too, the funny thing is the 1964 made me look at your post 19 and was sure that 64mm was one of the measurements, I was also looking really closely at this post for clues :bulgy-eyes:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/1964-oh-what-fun-we-had-135608/

This was a fun one!

Top Bottom